Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 12-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I always have an opinion

Mein Auto: '06 325xiT
First Snow!

Finally! First real messy snow storm since I bought Mr. Silverfish.

I've been worried, because I love everything about my X5 so much, that if it let me down in the snow I'd be crushed.

I live on a street that doesn't get plowed, and I used to back out of my driveway in my old 4Runner in regular 2WD, then shift to High-4WD or else my tires would spin. This morning, after an evening of rain turning to sleet turning to snow, I backed out, put it in drive and stepped on the gas and and, drumroll please - no wheel spin!

On my uneventful drive to the dealer for an oil change (a compromise on the how many miles should you really go before getting an oil change discussion - husband wanted 3500, I wanted 7500 so we went with 5000), I drove around plenty of people spinning their wheels in the slushy stuff at the stoplights. I'm not a good driver, but the X5 didn't even act like the road was wet, just nice handling and easy braking.

After the oil change (should it scare me that everyone at the dealership knows my husband by name, and wants an update on his to-M3 or not-to-M3 quandry?) we drove around in a snow-covered parking lot, then took a very dirty X5 home.

Bought myself a new prize at the dealership also - a long handled snow scraper/brush!

What a great snow day!

2006 325xiT | Alpine White | Black Leather
Ads by Google
Old 12-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330xi
Glad to hear you are enjoying the AWD. My XI shares the same AWD system as your X5- pretty good IMHO. Would be cool to see what the X-Drive can do- bet it rocks!
1997 TJ Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited Sahara
Old 12-11-2003, 11:27 AM
X-Rated Cannuck

Mein Auto: none
That only means your husband is likely waundering in there every second day to have a snort around................... the M3's. No worries though. It's not a known deadly disease physically. But can be a pocketbook killer.