Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:59 AM
exthree exthree is offline
Registered User
Location: N.E. Pennsylvania
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2008 X3.0si, 2006 330xi
BMW Targets 25,000 X3 Sales in US in 2011. To Get Custom Order Exclusive Options.

If Spartanburg is going to supply the X3 20d to Europe and elsewhere, then why couldn't we get it in the U.S. as a, "...custom order exclusive option?"

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...r-options.html
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 PM
kjboyd's Avatar
kjboyd kjboyd is offline
Drink the koolaid or else
Location: California
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,102
Send a message via Yahoo to kjboyd
Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman
Because the 2.0D isn't tested or certified for the US market b
__________________
Kevin


-----
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
Nightfire Red/NFR, Tuscan Leather, CP, PP, CW, Roof Rails & Aero Kit, 16" Bridge Spokes, Xenon, Auto, English Oak Trim & Wood Wheel, Alarm, Hi-Fi

-------

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2010, 05:53 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Fall Weather!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,325
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
To order a 2012 X3 straight from the factory in South Carolina with the one week turn around, wouldn't you be paying MSRP with no negotiating?
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!

Last edited by hpowders; 08-16-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2010, 08:06 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,996
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
To order a 2012 X3 straight from the factory in South Carolina with the one week turn around, wouldn't you be paying MSRP with no negotiating?
Why do you think that? The dealer is the one responsible for how much you pay. BMW is just touting its ability to process and produce an X3 to customer specs.

Unlike most auto manufacturers, every vehicle produced at a BMW plant is already sold and paid for. It's just that for the US, many of those vehicles aren't sold to a customer (Priority 1), rather sold and paid for by a dealer, to sit on a lot (Priority 3). Basically, BMW is pushing towards more Priority 1 orders like what the rest of the world goes through.

The final negotiation price is up to the selling dealer, independent of BMW NA. So for example, if I ordered an X3 to my specs, the selling dealer "buys" the allocation slot and vehicle, and pays around invoice price to BMW. Upon delivery of the vehicle, I would then pay/finance/lease the dealer at the agreed-upon price. If dealer A won't budge from MSRP, then I am free to go to dealer B or C to order the same vehicle and negotiate a better price. There's no force that requires the dealer to charge you MSRP, except perhaps collusion amongst dealers (which isn't legal).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Fall Weather!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,325
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Why do you think that? The dealer is the one responsible for how much you pay. BMW is just touting its ability to process and produce an X3 to customer specs.

Unlike most auto manufacturers, every vehicle produced at a BMW plant is already sold and paid for. It's just that for the US, many of those vehicles aren't sold to a customer (Priority 1), rather sold and paid for by a dealer, to sit on a lot (Priority 3). Basically, BMW is pushing towards more Priority 1 orders like what the rest of the world goes through.

The final negotiation price is up to the selling dealer, independent of BMW NA. So for example, if I ordered an X3 to my specs, the selling dealer "buys" the allocation slot and vehicle, and pays around invoice price to BMW. Upon delivery of the vehicle, I would then pay/finance/lease the dealer at the agreed-upon price. If dealer A won't budge from MSRP, then I am free to go to dealer B or C to order the same vehicle and negotiate a better price. There's no force that requires the dealer to charge you MSRP, except perhaps collusion amongst dealers (which isn't legal).
This is a different situation. One must take delivery at the South Carolina plant.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,996
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
This is a different situation. One must take delivery at the South Carolina plant.
Why would the process be different? The selling dealer is still the one you pay. It would be kind of like PCD except without the whole experience (actually, who wouldn't do PCD in this instance?)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-17-2010, 06:55 AM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Fall Weather!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,325
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Why would the process be different? The selling dealer is still the one you pay. It would be kind of like PCD except without the whole experience (actually, who wouldn't do PCD in this instance?)
I have to call the dealer on this one and see if he knows about the SC procedure.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Just curious..any configurator or US pricing at this time?

I am building a war chest at this time for a new vehicle in about 12- 18 months and curious what I should plan on.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 AM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,793
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Just curious..any configurator or US pricing at this time?

I am building a war chest at this time for a new vehicle in about 12- 18 months and curious what I should plan on.
AzN reported that you can configure an X3 at BMW UK; that should give you some idea of things. Nothing on prices yet, though -- stop looking at those Euro prices! Ours will be much better!

And do you watch some of the other forums? Rumors that the M sport package or even an X3M might be sold...of course, an X3M would probably be available well after intro of the regular models.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 PM
TMQ TMQ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,467
Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
I have to call the dealer on this one and see if he knows about the SC procedure.
SC delivery has been available for all the vehicles produced for U.S. market there, like the old Z4 and the current X5. You still work through the dealer, it's just that you go to SC to pick up the car, and enjoy some free stuff that BMW throws in:

"The BMW Performance Center Delivery program is an exciting and unique opportunity in which a customer and guest can fully experience the BMW culture. Included in the program is a complimentary one-night hotel stay (including meals), professional driving instruction in a BMW similar to the one ordered, a tour of both the BMW Zentrum museum and Manufacturing Plant (when available for public tours), and of course a personalized vehicle delivery presentation by a BMW Product Specialist. Customers can expect nothing but VIP treatment when they opt to take delivery at the BMW Performance Center."

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...CenterFAQ.aspx

For people living on the east coast, that's the best way to get an X series.
__________________
2008 528i: Ti Silver/Black/Light Poplar Wood, ZPP, ZCW, STEP, Comfort Seat, Heated Rear Seat, PDC, Xenon, Nav, iPod. 35% ceramic tint. VentureShield Clear Bra.
BMWCCA member
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
hpowders's Avatar
hpowders hpowders is offline
Ahh! Fall Weather!
Location: South of Brooklyn
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,325
Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
SC delivery has been available for all the vehicles produced for U.S. market there, like the old Z4 and the current X5. You still work through the dealer, it's just that you go to SC to pick up the car, and enjoy some free stuff that BMW throws in:

"The BMW Performance Center Delivery program is an exciting and unique opportunity in which a customer and guest can fully experience the BMW culture. Included in the program is a complimentary one-night hotel stay (including meals), professional driving instruction in a BMW similar to the one ordered, a tour of both the BMW Zentrum museum and Manufacturing Plant (when available for public tours), and of course a personalized vehicle delivery presentation by a BMW Product Specialist. Customers can expect nothing but VIP treatment when they opt to take delivery at the BMW Performance Center."

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...CenterFAQ.aspx

For people living on the east coast, that's the best way to get an X series.
Thanks for that! Getting a new X3 35i and driving it back to Florida from SC sounds wonderful.

As far as pricing it, I took the current top of the line X3 30i and added a few thousand bucks to give me a ball park figure.
__________________
There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!


Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-09/02/2014: 9.25 great years on Bimmerfest!!!

Last edited by hpowders; 08-17-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Evlengr's Avatar
Evlengr Evlengr is offline
Ukemi - that's how I roll
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,252
Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC View Post
And do you watch some of the other forums? Rumors that the M sport package or even an X3M might be sold...of course, an X3M would probably be available well after intro of the regular models.
Kinda betting on that comment. Hence my closing signature

I have 22k on this vehicle now and just a little over two years ownership. Was going to sell her earlier, but plan on letting her go around 35k miles or 10 months whichever comes first.

This way sale will give next owner some decent warranty and me out of it before warranty is done.
__________________
2013 S4 Loaded (and NO RFT's) Awesome is an understatement
2008 MT X3 RIP you were a faithful sidekick and will be missed.
2007 AT X3 RIPOS
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-28-2010, 08:34 PM
jdeday's Avatar
jdeday jdeday is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Selinsgrove, PA
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to jdeday
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
SC delivery has been available for all the vehicles produced for U.S. market there, like the old Z4 and the current X5. You still work through the dealer, it's just that you go to SC to pick up the car, and enjoy some free stuff that BMW throws in:

"The BMW Performance Center Delivery program is an exciting and unique opportunity in which a customer and guest can fully experience the BMW culture. Included in the program is a complimentary one-night hotel stay (including meals), professional driving instruction in a BMW similar to the one ordered, a tour of both the BMW Zentrum museum and Manufacturing Plant (when available for public tours), and of course a personalized vehicle delivery presentation by a BMW Product Specialist. Customers can expect nothing but VIP treatment when they opt to take delivery at the BMW Performance Center."

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...CenterFAQ.aspx

For people living on the east coast, that's the best way to get an X series.
You can get any BMW model delivered at the Performance Center in SC.
__________________
2005 X3 3.0, Mystic Blue Metallic, Sand Beige Leather Interior, Birch Grain Light Wood Trim, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Satellite Radio Prep, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Sound, Power Folding Mirrors and NAVIGATION RETROFIT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-02-2010, 06:57 AM
S93D S93D is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North America
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 711
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
This is a different situation. One must take delivery at the South Carolina plant.
I would be willing to take delivery of a BMW in South Carolina. It would be inconvenient in the case of a sudden replacement after an accident but ok if planned in advance. In fact, I don't prefer to buy a car that has been sitting on the lot for a while.

An alternative that I'd like is to visit a dealer that has a limited number of display models. Then order a car and wait 3 months.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-10-2010, 05:53 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Why do you think that? The dealer is the one responsible for how much you pay. BMW is just touting its ability to process and produce an X3 to customer specs.

Unlike most auto manufacturers, every vehicle produced at a BMW plant is already sold and paid for. It's just that for the US, many of those vehicles aren't sold to a customer (Priority 1), rather sold and paid for by a dealer, to sit on a lot (Priority 3). Basically, BMW is pushing towards more Priority 1 orders like what the rest of the world goes through.

The final negotiation price is up to the selling dealer, independent of BMW NA. So for example, if I ordered an X3 to my specs, the selling dealer "buys" the allocation slot and vehicle, and pays around invoice price to BMW. Upon delivery of the vehicle, I would then pay/finance/lease the dealer at the agreed-upon price. If dealer A won't budge from MSRP, then I am free to go to dealer B or C to order the same vehicle and negotiate a better price. There's no force that requires the dealer to charge you MSRP, except perhaps collusion amongst dealers (which isn't legal).
It works like that when you order it though. I remember when I got my 2005 (ordered Oct 04). They wouldn't budge much...maybe 2%. They said if I bought one off the lot, they would have room to negotiate but with me ordering it, to be built, their hands were tied. That might have been all BS but the person has a point that the dealer might not be as desperate to clear the lot and move those vehicles...

One thing of note is the ones on the lot were outgoing year so I have no idea how it is once the current year is on the lot.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-2010, 03:29 AM
ihumphrey ihumphrey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dayton, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559
Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
It works like that when you order it though. I remember when I got my 2005 (ordered Oct 04). They wouldn't budge much...maybe 2%. They said if I bought one off the lot, they would have room to negotiate but with me ordering it, to be built, their hands were tied. That might have been all BS but the person has a point that the dealer might not be as desperate to clear the lot and move those vehicles...

One thing of note is the ones on the lot were outgoing year so I have no idea how it is once the current year is on the lot.
Yes, it was all BS, many people negotiate down to $500 or so above invoice on ordered cars (even on brand new models, see F10 forum). This is dealer dependent, but as was said earlier BMW is different from other manufacturers in the way these are handled.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-2010, 09:02 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihumphrey View Post
Yes, it was all BS, many people negotiate down to $500 or so above invoice on ordered cars (even on brand new models, see F10 forum). This is dealer dependent, but as was said earlier BMW is different from other manufacturers in the way these are handled.
That's good to know. Thanks. So $500 above invoice means the dealership only makes $500 by selling it to you? I'm not sure why they would make that deal on an ordered one but I know sometimes they have # incentives. Also a specific sales rep might jump on it if it means that or nothing since it helps his numbers and allows him to keep his job.

Next time I will be more savvy. I don't think they even showed me the invoice but I was too stupid to ask. Others are saying $500- $2000 above invoice is the right amount.

I appreciate all the input.

Funny...I remember the tricks. They don't want you to get mad at them so they act like they are on your side and they went and spoke to their manager and that's all the manager allowed them to do...lol. They try to act like they don't have the power to do better...so why are you speaking to the middle man?...let me speak to the manager...lol.

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-18-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:39 AM
ihumphrey ihumphrey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dayton, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559
Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Don't forget the dealer actually pays less than invoice in most cases. They do sometimes try to make some profit up by adding on junk fees, and they also pay a real advertising fees to BMW that is not on the invoice and varies by region. This is where negotiating the "out the door price" comes in to play, don't let them slam you with ecessive Doc fees to make up for lost profit. They make plenty of profit, they aren't starving...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-20-2010, 05:51 AM
55's Avatar
55 55 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: CANADA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 557
Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
It works like that when you order it though. I remember when I got my 2005 (ordered Oct 04). They wouldn't budge much...maybe 2%. They said if I bought one off the lot, they would have room to negotiate but with me ordering it, to be built, their hands were tied. That might have been all BS but the person has a point that the dealer might not be as desperate to clear the lot and move those vehicles...

One thing of note is the ones on the lot were outgoing year so I have no idea how it is once the current year is on the lot.
It is BS. I've been through this. Some dealers are lazy and stubborn, but some will cooperate. But it is your job to find out the invoce price, and factory discounts, if available, which must be yours.
Trade-in value must be locked, because they can play with it if the delivery is after 2-3 months.
And profit is a profit, even $500.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Huey52 Huey52 is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
Use an online buying service, e.g. USAA, to get all the invoice prices. Always negotiate prepared.

Dealers get factory incentives as well, so even at invoice they make money.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey52 View Post
Use an online buying service, e.g. USAA, to get all the invoice prices. Always negotiate prepared.

Dealers get factory incentives as well, so even at invoice they make money.
Yeah thanks. Next time I'll be ready. I was a cream puff last time. lol The trick they use is they act like they have no power and everything you ask them they have to go talk to their manager. They want to act like they are on your side trying to do the best for you. lol I'll be ready next time. lol

If they come back with a no from their manager: "I understand, thanks for your time. If no other dealership can beat that offer, I may come back in the future." Leave.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
ihumphrey ihumphrey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dayton, OH
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 559
Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3forlife View Post
yeah thanks. Next time i'll be ready. I was a cream puff last time. Lol the trick they use is they act like they have no power and everything you ask them they have to go talk to their manager. They want to act like they are on your side trying to do the best for you. Lol i'll be ready next time. Lol

if they come back with a no from their manager: "i understand, thanks for your time. If no other dealership can beat that offer, i may come back in the future." leave. :d
+1
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-22-2010, 01:42 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55 View Post
It is BS. I've been through this. Some dealers are lazy and stubborn, but some will cooperate. But it is your job to find out the invoce price, and factory discounts, if available, which must be yours.
Trade-in value must be locked, because they can play with it if the delivery is after 2-3 months.
And profit is a profit, even $500.
How would you find out factory discounts?

They are all sleazy...lol I remember he was trying to get me to buy some mats. I declined and when the car came, it had the mats and he said it was courtesy. lol That was probably a factory throw in that he wanted to charge me for even though I was going to get it anyway. lol

Does anybody know if they must be absolutely honest about the invoice price and disclose exactly how much they are making?

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-22-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Huey52 Huey52 is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
No, the dealers don't have to disclose the invoice price, which again is why you should always go in prepared. Before the 'net it used to be much harder, but now this insight is readily available.

You'll find you typically know more than the salesman/woman about what's included in packages, etc. Sometimes they're sleazy, but most often just ignorant of their product (even when it's right in front of them all day on the showroom floor), which has always mystified me. But then, they're just car salespeople, so .....
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey52 View Post
No, the dealers don't have to disclose the invoice price, which again is why you should always go in prepared. Before the 'net it used to be much harder, but now this insight is readily available.

You'll find you typically know more than the salesman/woman about what's included in packages, etc. Sometimes they're sleazy, but most often just ignorant of their product (even when it's right in front of them all day on the showroom floor), which has always mystified me. But then, they're just car salespeople, so .....
Oh...I see...even if you ask them they could say it is not available. But they can't lie can they (if they decide to show you something)?

Yeah with the options the salesperson pretty much told me the cargo net was useless and it turned out to be one of the most useful options ($150 at the time). I can't image owning the car without it. It should be standard.

Anyway, you guys are going to save me money.

It still amazes me that they would sell for $500 over invoice. That means the invoice is not a real invoice. lol Remember they have to pay the sales person, the manager, the financial person, electricity, rent/mortgage. It doesn't seem worth it for $500 per sale. I guess it does come down to those incentives (like sell a certain number in a month).

At least I know the range now...from speaking to you guys $500-$2000 over invoice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms