Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Emergency and parking brake error messages

Folks,
I'm getting a message every couple days: “Brake and drive control systems malfunction. Parking brake without emergency braking function. Avoid hard braking. Please contact nearest BMW Center.” …and “Parking Brake Fault” No emergency braking function. Parking brake available using button when stationary. Please contact your BMW Center.”
The dealer couldn't detect it, and topped off the brake fluid. The error messages reappeared later that day.
Any thoughts? Any suggestions for service in Bellevue, Washington?
Thanks,
Bob
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745i Sport
Saw this in another forum somewhere .... the problem they had was the start of a bad battery.... a couple of cells were bad due to Batt not having enough power to activate the electronic handbrake.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 AM

Thanks. I bought the car new in 2005 and still have the same battery. It's probably due for a change anyway.
Bob
Old 04-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
I had this issue for about a year... dealer dsaid it was bad battery - changed the battery three times... after the fourth battery change - they finally said it was my TCU module draining the battery which in turn was giving faulty codes... - but it took them a year to figure this out with 4 battery changes, and a new alternator... go figure!! No recourse on their part....
Old 04-26-2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks. I just put a new battery in at the dealer. Of course, the error message is back. I'll ask them about the TCU.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 AM

Mein Auto: 750 LI 2006 Individual
Folks,
I'm getting a message every couple days: “Brake and drive control systems malfunction. Parking brake without emergency braking function. Avoid hard braking. Please contact nearest BMW Center.” …and “Parking Brake Fault” No emergency braking function. Parking brake available using button when stationary. Please contact your BMW Center.”
The dealer couldn't detect it, and topped off the brake fluid. The error messages reappeared later that day.
Any thoughts? Any suggestions for service in Bellevue, Washington?
Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,
I have the exact problem, changed the battery and registered it but no luck!
Have you solved your problem ever since?
Thanks,
Orabi
Old 01-23-2015, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745li
Gentlemen - I have the same problem with my 2004 745Li. One mechanic said, and provided a readout stating Electronic control Module (ECM). Posts have said bad battery. I saw one that said change the transmission fluid. I'm at a loss also. I'm making an appt with the dealer. Has anyone found a solution thus far?

SmallFort
2004 745Li Black on Black
KC Chiefs, KU Jayhawk, KC Royals Fan!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:52 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
I have the same problem with my 2006 750i. Yesterday the car lost all power and a burnt smell is coming from the engine. I am trying to diagnose it in another thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...76#post9074276
Old 05-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 745li
My two cents based on similar w/my '04 745Li. I'm not an expert and I'm frugal, so I suggest a quick self-diagnosis. It sounds like the DSC (drive control system)/ABS module could be going out. Some things to check over the course of a few days: a) is there noise coming from under hood? A humming noise on passenger side by overflow bottle, which is where module is located? b) did you recently fill it w/oil or antifreeze or any liquids that may have spilled on something? c) start tracking when you get the error. Does it happen when you turn? Put blinker on? Only after car warms up? Accelerate/going up hill? d) check the brake fuses (unlikely the issue). It's likely not just a fluid issue. After all that, get a diagnosis codes printout from a local BMW shop (the stealer charges too much, but if that's your only option, got for it. Because I don't trust the stealer, (my bias based on my experience; don't judge me) I suggest just asking for the code printout and don't tell them why. If you trust 'me, then tell 'em. Freaking BMWs.

SmallFort
2004 745Li Black on Black
KC Chiefs, KU Jayhawk, KC Royals Fan!