Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 08-29-2010, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 AW 535i Sport
My 535 is AW over Cinnamon. If I may ask what do you mean about looking better from a distance? TIA
Old 08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Well I placed my order today for a new 528i. I arrived at the dealership 15minutes after my 535 received a limo ride back to the dealership with another fuel delivery problem. Went with the classic Titanium over Black Dakota with the Anthracite headliner, Sport, Cold Package, Premiums, Ipod, Sat, Xenon, Dynamic.

After my experiances with the 535, I decided to go with the 528. Maybe once I hit 125k miles, I'll take a look at the Turbos once again which should be in about 3 years.
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 PM

Mein Auto: Lexus
Hi...Am new to this as I have never had a BMW..reading posts, I have not seen any opinions on interior for Alpine White--I am driving a white with beige interior Lexus currently..my dog loves the passenger seat and has paw prints (very dusty here in AZ) all over. I don't want to be constantly cleaning interior...need to choose interior color fast..(need another car and am wondering which looks best (stays cleanest longest) I have not seen white/cinnamon in person as dealer here does not have...also what about trim ideas??? Help!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M Sport
Think also about easily removable, washable and scrape resistant doggy seat cover!

Signed...owner of 3 dogs!

Funny, I came to this site committed to AW and Cinnamon. I'll order Black Sapphire and Cinnamon this week. I like the sophistication of the colors. I was almost swayed by Metallic gray and Black Napa.

Last edited by Eirerogue; 08-30-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
,,, I'll order Black Sapphire and Cinnamon this week. I like the sophistication of the colors. ....
This color combo looks spectacular with the Anthracite Headliner and Anthracite Wood Trim. Very cool color scheme in the opinion of this architect.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 08-31-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 AM

I'm ordering with the M Package, so the headliner is a done deal. I'll check out the headliner color. I haven't seen the Anthracite wood look yet. On the photos, it appears gray-ish with a grained look. I'm not sure I'm pleased with the gray and cinnamon. But I'll take a look! Thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
I'm ordering with the M Package, so the headliner is a done deal. I'll check out the headliner color. I haven't seen the Anthracite wood look yet. On the photos, it appears gray-ish with a grained look. I'm not sure I'm pleased with the gray and cinnamon. But I'll take a look! Thanks.
I've ordered Black Sapphire/Cinnamon with anthracite wood and headliner as well. My car should be here in a couple of weeks. If you've seen the standard "dark wood" on the F10, it is very much darker than previously, with almost no grain apparent unless the sun is shining on it. I decided to go with the anthracite wood because there is more visible, horizontal graining, which will be different from my last two BMW's. Also, I figure if it is a little less brown, it will be more an extension of the black dash and door trim, contrasting with the Cinnamon.

Here is a link to someone who posted some pictures of their oyster/black with anthracite wood. In a couple of the images you can see there is some brown and to me it's more interesting than the dark wood. YMMV.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=473405

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 AM

Thanks Mark. I look forward to pictures of your new car!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 PM

Anthracite Wood looks the best with Cinnamon Brown Leather. It is neutral. The other woods are too brown which clashes with the leather. The Cinnamon Brown Leather is the main event.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i

Last edited by pharding; 08-31-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish View Post
Do not, under any circumstances, pick Cashmere Silver Metallic with anthracite wood and Oyster/Black Nappa ventilated seats.

(I want to have the only one of these)
Tunafish has good taste! I went with Cashmere Silver, Anthracite wood and Everest Gray. I was really afraid to put the two together but my dealer called to say they had one on the lot with that combination that had just arrived from Euro delivery. Sped over to see it before it was picked up. The car was gorgeous. The interior and exterior worked well together - very seamless and classy.

Last edited by southernbelle; 10-03-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
Tunafish has good taste! I went with Cashmere Silver, Anthracite wood and Everest Gray. I was really afraid to put the two together but my dealer called to say they had one on the lot with that combination that had just arrived from Euro delivery. Sped over to see it before it was picked up. The car was gorgeous. The interior and exterior worked well together - very seemless and classy.
Not enough contrast, IMO. Oyster/Black or Black, IMO.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
Tunafish has good taste! I went with Cashmere Silver, Anthracite wood and Everest Gray. I was really afraid to put the two together but my dealer called to say they had one on the lot with that combination that had just arrived from Euro delivery. Sped over to see it before it was picked up. The car was gorgeous. The interior and exterior worked well together - very seemless and classy.
Sounds beautiful. Please post photographs.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: Panamera 4 V6, X5d, E320
Not sure what is available at dealers throughout the country but here in Southern Cal the land of MB and BMW all over the place, I had the opportunity to visit 3 nearby dealers. One of them had over 20 5 series (28s, 35s, 50s) in a number of color combos - interior and exterior, nappas and dakotas, oyster and no oyster, black headliner and not.

My favorite combinations:

Alpine White with Oyster/Black, light wood.
Dark Gray Metallic - same interior
A surprise when I saw it and quickly becoming my top choice- Mojave Metallic with same interior. This color has a lot of "action" depending on how the sun hits it. Looks dark gray in some light, mauve in other, and dark sandstone in other light. It is certainly a very elegant car in this color.

Jet black is great if you want to deal with the upkeep.

Space grey is next on my list for this car - oyster/black or alll black.

Titanium is classic and have seen with oyster/black and all black. All black wins with this one.

Can't get used to any of the blues. In some light they just look very cheap.

Straight black interior is sharp but a bit much for the entire care.

Cinnamon interior is OK but I would think that at some point you will get tired of it.

The Nappa leather is very smooth and elegant. Dakota is excellent also and I would think would tolerate a bit more wear and tear. The Nappa would seem to be very succeptible to scuffs. If you are like me, it would drive you nuts.

Cant figure out if I really like the black headliner or not. Looks good but if you get the oyster/black it sort of overwhelms the oyster on the doors.

Having seen all wood trims, the light color looks the richest. The dark wood look OK but not great. The Anthracite just looks too much like it belongs in cheap American car.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Mein Auto: '11 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
Having seen all wood trims, the light color looks the richest. The dark wood look OK but not great. The Anthracite just looks too much like it belongs in cheap American car.
Did you happen to see aluminum trim?
'06 330i Sport
'06 P Boxster
'02 C32 AMG
'99 328i
Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: Panamera 4 V6, X5d, E320
If this the half inch or so trim on the lower edge of the wood trim - Yes. In my opinion it was OK but took a bit away from the overall effect.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: '11 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho View Post
If this the half inch or so trim on the lower edge of the wood trim - Yes. In my opinion it was OK but took a bit away from the overall effect.
No, it's one of the options that goes instead of wood. I guess you haven't seen it, it's kind of rare.
'06 330i Sport
'06 P Boxster
'02 C32 AMG
'99 328i
Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXK View Post
No, it's one of the options that goes instead of wood. I guess you haven't seen it, it's kind of rare.
Not sure I'd want a 5" swath of bright aluminum across the whole dash, looks cheap to me. But, that's me.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:02 PM
U of Dawgs

Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportUniversaal View Post
My favorite combination would be one that's not on offer: Damask Red over Cinnamon.

Can't believe BMW doesn't offer a red on the F10... c'mon BMW... how about it?
They're saving it for me when it's my turn to buy!

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 PM
U of Dawgs

Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaymaster View Post
Well I placed my order today for a new 528i. I arrived at the dealership 15minutes after my 535 received a limo ride back to the dealership with another fuel delivery problem. Went with the classic Titanium over Black Dakota with the Anthracite headliner, Sport, Cold Package, Premiums, Ipod, Sat, Xenon, Dynamic.

After my experiances with the 535, I decided to go with the 528. Maybe once I hit 125k miles, I'll take a look at the Turbos once again which should be in about 3 years.
Wow! I hope it's not a big let down for you! I am waiting for the final verdict on the 550 turbo to see if the bugaboo migrates over... hopefully in a year or so I will get a "final answer".

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube1kenobi View Post
Wow! I hope it's not a big let down for you! I am waiting for the final verdict on the 550 turbo to see if the bugaboo migrates over... hopefully in a year or so I will get a "final answer".
Believe me when I say while placing the order for the new 528, I was second quessing myself but couldn't take the chance until confirmation of reliabilty for the turbo versions of the new F10 535 & 550 are out. I would wait like you mentioned if I could, but the Buy Back deal presented to me was an offer I couldn't refuse. The issues I experianced with my 535 were excessive to say the least. I'm sure many had read my rants over the past year. I'm picking up my E60 from the dealership with a new set of injectors installed 2 weeks after the 3rd HPFP and many software updates over the past 12 months. She currently has 48k miles and averaged 4500 miles per visit to the dealership whether under her own power or a Flat bed Limo.

I'll be sure to post the last 7 numbers of my VIN to make sure when this car hits the auction block, members can steer clear.

I test drove the 528 and I feel the extra 10 hp & torque connected to the new 8 speed trans will be fine for now. Maybe some aftermarket toys can get her up to 265-270hp.
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti