Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: mustang GT, 330i
How to disable alarm

Is ther an easy way to disable the alarm? Getting ready to go out of town for the week and I have a problem with my alarm constantly going off and don't want to come home to a totally dead battery. Is there a specific fuse or would just unplugging the sensors work?
Ads by Google
Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Supporter of Bimmer Lore

Mein Auto: 2006 325Ci
Perhaps a little research may yield a clue as to why it is going off.

Is it parked in a place where people sit or lean on the hood or trunk?
Are all doors closed securely and do the door open sensors work correctly (i.e., interior lights turn on and off correctly when opening/closing)?
Same as above, but for the trunk?
Is the hood open sensor in place and properly connected?

This tidbit from my Owner's Manual may help: When the car is parked in a place where vibrations may trigger the tiltsensor, it can be turned off by pressing the lock button twice on the key remote control. First click locks doors and arms alarm, second click disables the sensor for that occasion.

2006 325Ci
Old 08-27-2010, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: mustang GT, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcourcoul View Post
Perhaps a little research may yield a clue as to why it is going off.

Is it parked in a place where people sit or lean on the hood or trunk?
Are all doors closed securely and do the door open sensors work correctly (i.e., interior lights turn on and off correctly when opening/closing)?
Same as above, but for the trunk?
Is the hood open sensor in place and properly connected?

This tidbit from my Owner's Manual may help: When the car is parked in a place where vibrations may trigger the tiltsensor, it can be turned off by pressing the lock button twice on the key remote control. First click locks doors and arms alarm, second click disables the sensor for that occasion.
I've done what I can without tearing into it. Nobody touches or sits on it, I've even tried rocking the **** out of it and the alarm doesn't go off. I've checked the doors, hood and trunk sensors, and I've hit the button twice to disable the tilt sensor, still goes off. I even quite putting my keys in my pocket thinking I was somehow hitting the button and triggering the panic alarm. Doesn't help, just randomly goes off and will keep going off until I reset it or the battery dies. Hell, maybe I'll just disconnect the battery before I leave.

Last edited by Soupnutz; 08-27-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:04 AM

Mein Auto: E46
Have had the same problem, try one of the hood or trunk sensors- sometimes they go bad.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
Having the same problem here. No need for an alarm in my neighborhood. How can I just disable the darn thing?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 530i
I determined it to be a faulty hood sensor. $14 fix. There is no way to disable the alarm that I could find.