Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: Acura
Multi Contour Seats

Ordered a 535 xdrive. Did not get the multi contour seats, but re-thinking. Are the MC seats substantially more comfortable than the regular seats? The regular seats felt fine to me, but I honestly didn't focus on it as much as I wish I had. Thanks.
Ads by Google
Old 09-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Yes they are wonderful and worth the extra money.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
I have them in my 08, and yes, they are fantastic. It takes a bit of a while to get them properly adjusted, but you can make them fit perfectly. I have a bad back, and after driving some cars for as little as 2 or 3 hours, I am very uncomfortable. I have done 11 hours in my car with no discomfort whatsoever. IMO, it is the most must-have option on the car.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i
The multi-contour seats were an important item I wanted on my F10. I checked out both types of seats and for me the thigh extension was a must have. Now that I have had them for a couple of weeks I was a bit surprised how much the articulated upper backrest adds to the comfort.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
U of Dawgs

Mein Auto: 08 535iA Spt/11 X5 SAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJones View Post
Ordered a 535 xdrive. Did not get the multi contour seats, but re-thinking. Are the MC seats substantially more comfortable than the regular seats? The regular seats felt fine to me, but I honestly didn't focus on it as much as I wish I had. Thanks.
If they banned all BMW's from the roads tomorrow, I will find a way to fit my multi-contour seats into a Honda Accord if I have to.

-----------------------------------
Nube1Kenobi
2011 X5 35i Sport Activity|Plat Gray/Beige/Dk Poplar|Conv Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Tech Pkg|Prem Sound|Comfort Seats|Hitch|
2008 535i Mon Blue/Dakota Blk/Dk Poplar|Sports Pkg|Prem Pkg|Cold WX Pkg|Nav|RTTI|PDC|L7|HD|I-Pod/USB|PWR Rr shade|Sports Auto - paddles|Active Stg|Comfort Access|F/D R/seats|Rr DMS Airbags|Adaptive Xenons

Do not argue with an idiot else he lowers you to his level and beat you down with experience..
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i-Dark Graphite ED
A must have!
79 528i - Retired
77 320i - Retired
70 Challenger R/T - Retired but not forgotten
67 VW Bus - Long retired
BMWCCA member since 1979

Old 09-02-2010, 04:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 E550 4matic
I am also one of the people that has them on their E60. Those seats are the most comfortable seats ever .
Old 09-02-2010, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i
I agree also, but why oh why oh why did they have to take the adjustable side bolsters away?!?!?! Especially on the 550!!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
Yup, multi-contour seats are a must have; they're very comfortable.

However, it took me about two weeks before I had them adjusted the way I like. You adjust this part, which throws another slightly out of kilter; you then adjust that, and another part needs to be tweaked....

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages
Old 09-04-2010, 08:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube1kenobi View Post
If they banned all BMW's from the roads tomorrow, I will find a way to fit my multi-contour seats into a Honda Accord if I have to.
+1X10! Don't leave the dealership with out them! Once you have them, you'll want them in every car. They'll make any other car seat feel like a Park Bench!!!
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
interaction with steering wheel memory

We have the "comfort seats" and the "sports steering wheel" from the sports package. Does anyone else with this combination have the peoblem that the memory function for the steering wheel doesn't work? I heard a rumor that this is a built in problem with this combination, cuase by the memory module not having enough connections for all the position information of both the contour seats and the steering wheel. Apparently the thigh support extension on the seats was one too many things to remember, so BMW disconnected the steering wheel form the position memory module.

Comments?

Thanks, M.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom View Post
We have the "comfort seats" and the "sports steering wheel" from the sports package. Does anyone else with this combination have the peoblem that the memory function for the steering wheel doesn't work? I heard a rumor that this is a built in problem with this combination, cuase by the memory module not having enough connections for all the position information of both the contour seats and the steering wheel. Apparently the thigh support extension on the seats was one too many things to remember, so BMW disconnected the steering wheel form the position memory module.

Comments?

Thanks, M.
I have the multi-contour seats and the standard steering wheel. I was wondering in terms of the memory feature why the sport steering wheel would be different. I would think that the memory requirements for the two steering wheel’s positions would be the same. What am I missing?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 AM

So you stering wheel memory works? that is good to hear. Sounds like mine is just broken.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Yes I think my memory function for the steering wheel is working. However, be sure to look over the operator’s manual because there are some steps that if not followed give strange results… at least for me.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:32 AM

Can you be more explicit about the "steps" than might trip one up?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdspadeccom View Post
Can you be more explicit about the "steps" than might trip one up?
Please check page 51 in the operator's manual or there is even a bit more on the hard drive manual in the car. What follows are a few general comments and if I am in error hope someone will jump in. Be aware that two positions can be stored for each remote. By-the-way mine doesn't have the comfort access. To test out your system have your remote control with you and just press the ignition button, (you do not have to start the car) and set the steering wheel to some arbitrary position and then record it by first pressing the 'M" memory button, (red LED lights up) followed by the "1" button. Next move the wheel to another noticeably different position and then press the "M" button followed by the "2" button. Here comes one of the error points. In my Acura MDX once you have a position saved you just monetarily press the number button and the positions are recalled. In the BMW you must hold the button until it finishes its movement. If you only press it quickly it will stop at an intermediate position and you might think it is not saving the position correctly. If you press the number button again it will start moving towards the final correct position. I should mention this is spelled out in the manual. If that position works try the second one to finish the test of the memory feature. Whichever position is set when you leave the car that will be the one the remote will trigger when you get back in. Also another thing to be aware of is that after a short time period the system is deactivated to save power and the manual on page 51 explains how to reactivate. Hope this helps!

Last edited by jwrtiger; 09-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrtiger View Post
Please check page 51 in the operator's manual or there is even a bit more on the hard drive manual in the car. What follows are a few general comments and if I am in error hope someone will jump in. Be aware that two positions can be stored for each remote. By-the-way mine doesn't have the comfort access. To test out your system have your remote control with you and just press the ignition button, (you do not have to start the car) and set the steering wheel to some arbitrary position and then record it by first pressing the 'M" memory button, (red LED lights up) followed by the "1" button. Next move the wheel to another noticeably different position and then press the "M" button followed by the "2" button. Here comes one of the error points. In my Acura MDX once you have a position saved you just monetarily press the number button and the positions are recalled. In the BMW you must hold the button until it finishes its movement. If you only press it quickly it will stop at an intermediate position and you might think it is not saving the position correctly. If you press the number button again it will start moving towards the final correct position. I should mention this is spelled out in the manual. If that position works try the second one to finish the test of the memory feature. Whichever position is set when you leave the car that will be the one the remote will trigger when you get back in. Also another thing to be aware of is that after a short time period the system is deactivated to save power and the manual on page 51 explains how to reactivate. Hope this helps!

I have an '08, and yes, you need to keep the button pushed in until it goes through the whole routine.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 328 and X5 3.5 M pk
Charge the order!! The Multo Contour seats are ammmmmmmmazingly comfortable! If you car is in 111 or 112 status it can still be modified!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Amazingly, if the door is open then you can change seat/wheel to the other memory setting by just touching the button once. The system will complete the change even though you are not holding down the button. This arrangement is a safety feature to prevent gross seat position chances from occurring when you are driving, at the inadvertant touch of a button.

My seat / wheel memory on my car is now working fine. I don't know why I thought it wasn't, other than the general complexity of the entire 2011 535i user interface is a bit confusing at the beginning and I was probably doing simething wrong.

Newest goodie -- I just filled a 16 Gig USB flash memory with favorite music in MP3 files and plugged it into the BMW. The whole car is now an MP3 player and I didn't need to spend several hundred dollars on one of the portable MP3 player to accomplish this. The sound system (premium) is awsome.

m.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Mein Auto: 528xi
Yes Yes Yes

I have the MC in my 2008. I was floored how comfortable they are. You do have to adjust them to fit you, but they really are supremely comfortable. I'm shopping for my next ride and it's hard because no one else has seats that comfortable.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 AM

Mein Auto: 12 X5 35i SA + various
They are the best seats available in a new car today, period. Get them.

(we have them on our 08 LCI E61 and I drove an F10 today with them and they are just as good)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM

Mein Auto: 528xi
Ok the MC seats rock. What about the nappa leather? Does it give that leather smell? Does it feel like leather? Does it last? Does the smell last? My friends caddy platinum has this great soft leather that you smell when you get in and still does 3 years later.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: '11 535i F10
I'm enjoying the 535i multi-contour seats. These seats are simply amazing and far better than what I already thought was a great seat in the 335i mult-contour seat.

My question is what is the optimum / best seat height? What factors should I consider when adjusting the seat height? Previously, I used the lowest settings so my clutch throw would be as straight as possible, not mashing down. Obviously, that is not a factor.

Previous:
6MT 335i E92 - Sapphire Black Metallic / Saddle Brown / Gray Poplar - ZPP, ZSP, Active Cruise, Navigation, CA, PDC, Heated Seats, HD Radio, iPod
Delivered: 11/03/07
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post
My question is what is the optimum / best seat height? What factors should I consider when adjusting the seat height? Previously, I used the lowest settings so my clutch throw would be as straight as possible, not mashing down. Obviously, that is not a factor.
Site lines over the dash?

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: BMW '08 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Site lines over the dash?
+1, or in my case, it was lowering it enough that the rear view mirror didn't block out too much windshield. You could lose a mini bus behind that sucker much less a kid on a bicycle.

dj
Dark Poplar
6 Sp Manual
Sport
Premium
Rear Shades

BMW CCA #392316