Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 AM

Mein Auto: 330i
Certified Pre Owned (CPO)

I recently took my BMW to the BMW dealership for a four-wheel alignment but the dealership had a problem with the right front. Further investigation revealed that during the CPO inspection, a bent strut tower was identified by the BMW CPO technician/inspector made note to the problem on the CPO form, but the dealership did not make a repair. The car was sold to me as a CPO with the CPO warranty. The BMW dealership that did the alignment did an inspection of the right front suspension and indicated that the strut tower is indeed bent but refused to do the expensive repair. The BMW service advisor contacted BMW North America can was told to return the car to the BMW dealership where the car was purchased. I then was told that the BMW dealership (Cunningham BMW) was no longer in business but is now BMW of South County. I contacted the BMW service department where I purchased the car and requested a copy of the repair order (RO) for the bent strut tower; however, BMW could not provide a RO. The service department also indicated that their CPO inspection did not indicate a problem with the vehicle. I then spoke to the service manager who requested a copy of my CPO inspection report. I faxed a copy of the CPO inspection report to the service manager and he immediately contacted me to set up an appointment to have the bent strut tower corrected and offered me a lender car during the repair. What other options do I have if I do not wish to have the vehicle repaired? I purchased the car based upon BMW's reputation for their CPO commitment and value. Additionally, the BMW CPO warranty indicates that the warranty is valid for most repairs at any BMW dealership. However, The BMW dealership that did the four-wheel alignment refused to do the repair. What do I do now?
Advertisement