Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 09-04-2010, 09:42 AM
NJ's Finest

Mein Auto: 01 325
1Bimmerguy

(such an orginal name, plus admits on making an account just for this accident)

prolly the dealer owner himself, or the kid who did it trying to save his job. i can't wait for the results!

All i got to say is TROLLL

"Old enough to know better, still too young to care."

"If it has wheels or a skirt, it's gonna give you problems"-BMW
Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Apparently. Perhaps part of an attempt by the dealer in question or their legal staff to elicit discovery out of the claimant and use it against him in whatever way they can. Notice that this member created a new username on the M5board with the only intent as to enter the thread there. He goes on to make claims about the plaintiff's military service as if that is relevant to issue and then taunts the plaintiff into sending him data about the crash site. Crazy stuff indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
1Bimmerguy

(such an orginal name, plus admits on making an account just for this accident)

prolly the dealer owner himself, or the kid who did it trying to save his job. i can't wait for the results!

All i got to say is TROLLL

Yeah sounds like the dealer himself, there is no other reason for him to be so ferociously defensive about the dealership, plus pulling out the customer's military status out on M5board? I don't know what this guy was trying to get at by doing that but it sounded very offensive---- to the victim, and to others who are in the service such as myself.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
This story is pretty incredible. It doesn't matter if the owner of the M5 is a very lucky 16 year old with very wealthy parents, or someone who scraped every penny together to afford a dream car, the dealership has a responsibility to the customer. It's incredible how businesses still don't comprehend that they are operating in the internet age where word of mouth travels farther and faster.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
This story is pretty incredible. It doesn't matter if the owner of the M5 is a very lucky 16 year old with very wealthy parents, or someone who scraped every penny together to afford a dream car, the dealership has a responsibility to the customer. It's incredible how businesses still don't comprehend that they are operating in the internet age where word of mouth travels farther and faster.

And once something hits the internet it is treated as a fact. As someone on M5Board said to me, "perception is reality, whether it's right or wrong". Everything the OP says is taken as unquestionable gospel. No one knows the full details of what and how it transpired between the dealership and the OP except them. However, it serves a dealership no value to engage in a "verbal" tit for tat over the internet about what their side of the story is v. the OP's side of the story.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
Ok it took me ten minutes to figure out what DFW stood for, I'm sure anyone else that's not from Texas doesn't know where you're talking about either.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 528i/2007 328i Coupe
I read the whole thread on the other forum and the original poster, tjav8b, has not revealed which DFW dealership is responsible for the damage. I find that strange and very suspicious. Another poster mentioned that it was Autobahn in Ft. Worth but no where is that confirmed by the OP. I smell a rat.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, FIAT 500 Abarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm2211 View Post
Ok it took me ten minutes to figure out what DFW stood for, I'm sure anyone else that's not from Texas doesn't know where you're talking about either.
There's this thing called 'Google'...
Old 09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Ahh! Summer Weather!!

Mein Auto: E90, Porsche 911, VW GTI
Took me less than 30 seconds with yahoo.

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!

The E90 sedan is the last in the line of great 4 door 3 Series BMW's. Too bad.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

06/02/2005-06/02/2014: 9 great years on Bimmerfest!!!

Last edited by hpowders; 09-05-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
ten minutes

You guys are forgetting the time I spent contemplating if I should actually post a reply to complain. Then typing it out, correcting spelling and grammar errors. etc.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ima...es/tongue3.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5lx View Post
I read the whole thread on the other forum and the original poster, tjav8b, has not revealed which DFW dealership is responsible for the damage. I find that strange and very suspicious. Another poster mentioned that it was Autobahn in Ft. Worth but no where is that confirmed by the OP. I smell a rat.
Thats because its a leverage on his side to not reveal the name, until the dealership refuses to budge. Until then he can try to convince the dealer to pay up and not release the name, thats what his attorney also said.

he had posted the mission statement of the dealership in a different context but he edited it out quickly. but within that time it was enough for some of us to figure out which dealer it was.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: 335d, FIAT 500 Abarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm2211 View Post
You guys are forgetting the time I spent contemplating if I should actually post a reply to complain. Then typing it out, correcting spelling and grammar errors. etc.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/ima...es/tongue3.gif
Well that explains it! I think.

I already knew what DFW stands for since I've had to fly in and out of that airport.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Mein Auto: 335D
Quote:
Originally Posted by w5lx View Post

I smell a rat.

Having read the thread and seen the pics would you care to expand on that?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: Varies
Wow, can you imaging fixing that damage with $2,500? Sure trying to get diminished value might be difficult but at least be reasonable on how much to fix? You have parts and labor, I suppose the dealership thought they could fix it so the extra for labor would have been less overhead for them. I have to ask though with that force required to snap that strut and collapse the tower what other pieces are bent or bowed, not just to the human eye but can be measured with the right tools?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNC4674 View Post
Are you the 1bimmerguy in M5board? I am a member there and I stumbled on to a link to this thread. I see a striking resemblance to your posts here and the posts by 1bimmerguy over there.
MNC4674, they couldn't be the same poster and I have proof below.

ttruedraider drives a '06 Sonora/Beige 330i and 1bimmerguy drives a 2006 Sonora BMW 330i. 1bimmerguy's interior could be black. That's as different as hitting a curb at 20 mph and 60mph.

Further evidence of this disparity can be found by comparing the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrueraider

little update fwiw -

Based on the quoted mission statement I know what dealer this is.

I'm not trying to disparage the OP, but this is what I found and what I know. I just returned from driving the entire area where the OP said the accident happened and where he said he found 30ft of skid marks and curb impact. There are three streets behind the dealership. I drove up and down each of those streets VERY slowly and found no evidence that matched what the OP reported. I found one place where you could tell someone had laid down some rubber. There was one short strip and one longer strip, but neither one showed any sign of an out of control car and there was no evidence at all that the curb in that area had experienced any kind of impact once much less twice. So, that is what I observed.

I know the management of this dealership and the OP's account of how he was treated is 180 degrees opposite of this dealership's management style/philosophy. I know the owner is a man of very high moral standards and is a very strong supporter of the local community; to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars in support of community organizations each year.

I'm not saying the accident didn't happen; though I could not find the evidence the OP reported. I am saying I don't believe the OP is representing the facts and the details accurately. I find it interesting the OP got a lawyer so quickly and is already thinking of ways to "crush" the dealer. I'm thinking his story better be accurate or he may just be opening himself up to a libel claim.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bimmerguy

Based on the quoted mission statement I know what dealer this is.

I'm not trying to disparage the OP, but this is what I found and what I know. This morning I drove the entire area where the OP said the accident happened and where he said he found 30ft of skid marks and curb impact. There are three streets behind the dealership. I drove up and down each of those streets VERY slowly and found no evidence that matched what the OP reported. I found one place where you could tell someone had laid down some rubber. There was one short strip and one longer strip, but neither one showed any sign of an out of control car and there was no evidence at all that the curb in that area had experienced any kind of impact once much less twice. So, that is what I observed.

I know the management of this dealership and the OP's account of how he was treated is 180 degrees opposite of this dealership's management style/philosophy. I know the owner is a man of very high moral standards and is a very strong supporter of the local community; to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars in support of community organizations each year.

I'm not saying the accident didn't happen; though I could not find the evidence the OP reported. I am saying I don't believe the OP is representing the facts and the details accurately. I find it interesting the OP got a lawyer so quickly and is already thinking of ways to "crush" the dealer. I'm thinking his story better be accurate or he may be opening himself up to a libel claim.
Obviously a forgery, since ttruedraider had the complete post including "little update fwiw -" and 1bimmerguy missed this minor detail. It's an obvious cut and paster error by the forger. It's like missing a set of skids marks that were laid down a couple weeks earlier. It's those little details that allow you to get caught.

1bimmerguy even claimed to be from Bimmerfest, now that's absurd. One of us wouldn't go to another forum and start some trouble. We can do the here pretty effectively amongst ourselves. Obviously an imposter.

Don't worry Clark Kent your secret is safe with me.

Yes, I figured out how to write in invisible font. Buhahaha! Assuming you use a white background of course. Otherwise, the Buhahaha is looking pretty stupid right now. And yes the thumb up was left as a hint.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 09-05-2010, 12:20 AM
The Real Housewife

Mein Auto: 335i alpine white sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
If you sue your insurance company sure, they could have an exclusion, but if you are sueing someone elses insurance company their exclusionary clauses matter not to you. If the dealerships insurance company won't pay then the dealership has to pay. Considering they have the assets then all the plaintiff has to do is convince a judge to allow it - which shouldn't be hard. An ///M5 with a serious accident is valued a whole lot less then an ///M5 without an accident
Fix it, Paint, it, and we will see it as the next .. SHOULD I BUY THIS M5 CPO ???
Old 09-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiarush View Post
Fix it, Paint, it, and we will see it as the next .. SHOULD I BUY THIS M5 CPO ???
With a poll!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
MNC4674, they couldn't be the same poster and I have proof below.

ttruedraider drives a '06 Sonora/Beige 330i and 1bimmerguy drives a 2006 Sonora BMW 330i. 1bimmerguy's interior could be black. That's as different as hitting a curb at 20 mph and 60mph.

Further evidence of this disparity can be found by comparing the following:

and

Obviously a forgery, since ttruedraider had the complete post including "little update fwiw -" and 1bimmerguy missed this minor detail. It's an obvious cut and paster error by the forger. It's like missing a set of skids marks that were laid down a couple weeks earlier. It's those little details that allow you to get caught.

1bimmerguy even claimed to be from Bimmerfest, now that's absurd. One of us wouldn't go to another forum and start some trouble. We can do the here pretty effectively amongst ourselves. Obviously an imposter.

Yes, I figured out how to write in invisible font. Buhahaha! Assuming you use a white background of course. Otherwise, the Buhahaha is looking pretty stupid right now. And yes the thumb up was left as a hint.
Thanks dunderhi... I dont know what i was thinking. You have shown me how mistaken I was

Of course... all the bimmer related forums are one close knit community.... a "well respected" member from one forum would never come into our m5board forum and start trolling.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Ahh! Summer Weather!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpowders View Post
Took me less than 30 seconds with yahoo.
I tend to block out anything to do with the area (DFW) due to the Kennedy assassination, which is probably why I didn't immediately recognize DFW.

"The VW GTI remains and will likely continue to be one of the finest compact sports cars in the world." Christian Seabaugh, Motortrend, March 27, 2012.

Last edited by hpowders; 09-05-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post

You know people who get instant e-mail notifications get the text without the formatting

Edit: it seems like once you quote it the background is no longer white either.....
Old 09-05-2010, 07:45 AM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Thanks, it's good to know, buhahaha! Sorry, I'm just practicing my evil sceintist laugh.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Ahh! Summer Weather!!

I practice the same laugh when the BMW service advisor says to me totally without conscience "I expect all 5's on the survey."

Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
I am joining this thread a little late, but I still don't know why the owner of the M5 didn't take the car to a certified BMW collision repair center and let their insurance company handle the rest. Instead there is at least 2 threads with n number of people weighing in as to what should be done. Meanwhile, it seems the car is no closer to being repaired than it was after the accident.

Was the M5 not insured? Is there a reason for not going the insurance company route? That is what insurance companies are there for. At least that is how things are generally done in California. I have personal knowledge of a similar circumstance in California, involving an E46 M3, and the M3 owner's insurance company went to bat for them.

So, what am I missing?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Mein Auto: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
I am joining this thread a little late, but I still don't know why the owner of the M5 didn't take the car to a certified BMW collision repair center and let their insurance company handle the rest. Instead there is at least 2 threads with n number of people weighing in as to what should be done. Meanwhile, it seems the car is no closer to being repaired than it was after the accident.

Was the M5 not insured? Is there a reason for not going the insurance company route? That is what insurance companies are there for. At least that is how things are generally done in California. I have personal knowledge of a similar circumstance in California, involving an E46 M3, and the M3 owner's insurance company went to bat for them.

So, what am I missing?
Very good question, I could see if the guy did not want his insurance to go up but in this case it clearly would be the dealerships insurance that would pay out so his out of pocket would be nil.

Perhaps there is something to the claims of depreciation on the car, he dont want to be stuck with a wrecked car and does want a new one?

Last edited by 02 330Ci; 09-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:

So, what am I missing?
You make a very good point. The car is now at a BMW Certified Collision Repair Center, but from the looks of things the only thing that has happened is the removal of the body panels. The OP undoubtedly has USAA as his insurance provider and there is no doubt they would give him excellent service and pursue subrogation against the offending dealership.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335 / 2014 X-3
Quote:

So, what am I missing?
Exactly. I second your motion.

This whole story was dysfunctional from the get-go. (Who cares if there are old skid marks in the neighboorhood?)

If my car gets damaged, I call my insurance company with the facts and let them fight it out with the other party. I don't know if the damage is $2,500 or $25,000 because I am not a claim adjuster. Let them figure it out and repair my car or send me a check so I can buy a new one.

Life goes on.

2008 E-93 335i Convertible (ED) (Keeper)

2014 X-3 35i (PCD)

Last edited by Stevarino; 09-05-2010 at 01:34 PM.