Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 IR ZHP
imola red zhp vs. red g35 coupe

well tonight it happened..

i live in the nova area and have an 03 330i imola red zhp...i go to college somewhere else in va, but am back in the springfield area where i live cuz im on winter vacation..anyways, i see this g35 coupe gettin on the van dorn exit to 495 north towards baltimore, and so i go that way too...i've kinda been lickin my chops to get a shot at one of these suckers cuz a good friend of mine sweats them like no other...not only was it a coupe with the chrome-ish 18" rims, but he's got my red on i know i know racing isn't safe or cool, but im careful and it's a g35 coupe vs. zhp AND RED VS RED comeee onnn!!!

well, we get on 495 and we had basically two good runs..the first we were at like 70 or 75 and i punch it into third (i have a manual, not sure what he had)..we punch it and im pullin ahead slightly as im about to shift to fourth, the gear almost slips into second , but i catch the shifter right before it clips in and put it back in fourth...that second allowed him to catch up to me, and we just kept head to head but we stopped soon thereafter..

the next time, before the woodrow wilson bridge before indian head highway...we slowed down to about 40, and we put down our windows, acknowledged the circumstances, and we agree to dip...i punched it into second gear this time, and im at a much better place in the power range of my car...as soon as we both punch, i really got it good in second and pulled away from him...man my car at like 4500-6000 rpm in second gear just takes off, by far the most umph i feel in any rpm range in any gear....

shifted to third, was about a car length away, and as i pulled into fourth it was about a car length and a half before i had to brake b/c of cars coming ahead...we came next to each other afterwards and we both acknowledged it was a good race...but make no mistake about it, that second run was enough to show who's boss when zhp meets g35
Ads by Google
Old 12-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Custom User ***le Removed

Mein Auto: 2012 128iC
You must have a really teeny tiny weenie.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:56 PM

?
Old 12-16-2003, 11:21 PM
:-)

Mein Auto: E46 M3
ok. good kill but street racing is bad, blabla.

02 M3 6MT - a bunch of mods | No V-CSL | No carbon fiber anywhere
Sold: 03 330Ci - No Leather | No Moonroof | No Step | European delivered
Old 12-17-2003, 09:45 AM
stop staring at me swan

Mein Auto: E90 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce330cic
You must have a really teeny tiny weenie.

Seriosuly, that 495 loop is not safe to race, or any other open road.

A - you dont know whether his was stick or auto, so get off your high horse.

B - We all know that the driver skill is more of a factor than the cars themselves in similar cars.

C - Good kill. You might want to sign up for the extras for the Fast and the Furious 3. They need a few more to make Paul Walker still look cool.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:03 AM

Mein Auto: 5
"i go to college somewhere else in va"

I guess there's an open admissions policy there too, i.e., you have a pulse, you get in.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Why can't we get Diesels?

Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk77
Man-- Is Mr. Imola (mbr129) gonna lose it over this post or what............

-

I just don't give a damn.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 325is
What's the big deal with a little highway racing. It's not like he was swerving thru traffic and acting childish.

Isn't one of lifes purposes to have a little fun.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to dudley821
Mein Auto: bmw
You guys need to leave him alone, he was just having some fun. Everyone is tempted to have fun sometimes, even if it is dangerous like street racing. I'm sure all of you have done dumber things in your lives than street racing, and if you haven't, then you need to get out and have some fun in life.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley821
You guys need to leave him alone, he was just having some fun. Everyone is tempted to have fun sometimes, even if it is dangerous like street racing. I'm sure all of you have done dumber things in your lives than street racing, and if you haven't, then you need to get out and have some fun in life.
My definition of fun doesnt involve potentially scraping innocent bystanders out of the crushed remains of my hood.

oh, dont forget the *NaWz*, you'll burn him for sure the next time you run into him
Old 12-17-2003, 11:53 PM

well

Actually pony_trekker, no. More than a required pulse, it's actually the best college in the state of Virginia and one of the top two public Universities in the very nation you live in.

Listen, I wasn't and am not advocating or supporting street racing. Everyone knows these two cars are very close in performance, so it was just a little race I thought some of you might actually care to read about since those zhp lovers out there are always inquiring.

Lastly, I make sure that I'm always in control of any situation when driving my car, or any other for that matter. I understand and appreciate everyone's concern, but the un-called for insult is just childish and immature.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:19 AM
McLaren man

Mein Auto: '04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley821
agreed. If you guys are really as "mature" as you're saying then I can recommend that depends advertise on this board.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:25 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmaboy23
Actually pony_trekker, no. More than a required pulse, it's actually the best college in the state of Virginia and one of the top two public Universities in the very nation you live in.

Listen, I wasn't and am not advocating or supporting street racing. Everyone knows these two cars are very close in performance, so it was just a little race I thought some of you might actually care to read about since those zhp lovers out there are always inquiring.

Lastly, I make sure that I'm always in control of any situation when driving my car, or any other for that matter. I understand and appreciate everyone's concern, but the un-called for insult is just childish and immature.
good kill!!

Next time try post your kills here, less self-rightous yippie.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/index.php?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Bimmaboy,

I canít speak for you and how carefully you race but I agree with you that while everyone is entitled to an opinion, resorting to insults is simply classless. I also got chewed out by some self-righteous posters for posting a road kill and will urge you to follow ezsce46 advice.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:12 PM
stop staring at me swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_trekker
I guess there's an open admissions policy there too, i.e., you have a pulse, you get in.
... Actually most VA schools are very competitive to get into from out of state (As I was living in NY before school). It has gotten even more competitive recently. We have one of the best public school systems in the country. While in state is much easier, it is also still competitive.

I went to college in VA, and this is not the case. While this guy goes to UVA where they are notorious for being pompous pricks, dont get that impression of the rest of us VA people .

Last edited by ajt819; 12-18-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:44 PM

way to go doogie..

but ive grown up in va my whole life, and i am extremely different from the stereotypical uva student u referenced....and by the way, a couple of years at a va college doesnt make u a virginian, sonny..
Old 12-18-2003, 10:02 PM
stop staring at me swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmaboy23
way to go doogie..

but ive grown up in va my whole life, and i am extremely different from the stereotypical uva student u referenced....and by the way, a couple of years at a va college doesnt make u a virginian, sonny..
sonny? Ive been a VA resident for almost 8 years now. I think I can qualify as a Virginian.

... and thanks for proving my point on the pompous pricks
Old 12-19-2003, 06:09 AM

Quote:
-

Uh, Oh... Here we go again.......

Will all of you self-righteous boneheads please just accept the fact that street racing is woven into the fabric of American culture and get over it.

If you want to get your ya-yas out by taking your expensive made-for-the-street BMW, putting on a queer looking helmet and then tracking it until it falls apart--then go right ahead and feel free to post about it as some may find it interesting (although I doubt it).

But please--for the love of apple pie-- Get off your high horses and let those who want to street race post their experiences here in peace! Sheeesh.....

-
I was REALLY going to stay out of this one, but...

-Violent crime is also woven into the fabric of American culture. It doens't mean it's right.

-The helmet is there for safety, something you clearly can't understand given your enthusiasm about street racing.

-The BMW's wont fall apart because they are design for high performace driving, not stupid drag races.

-People posting about AutoX IS interesting because the events are controlled and allow for an accurate comparison of the performance of both the car and driver, something you can never get by guessing at a light what the other driver has in his/her car or how good a driver he/she is.

-Finally, it is illegal.

But I know you don't give a damn about any of those thigns, because it's cool to have a "kill."
Old 12-19-2003, 08:14 AM

Quote:
-

Hmmm- And I thought it was you who just didnt give a damn there, Mr. Imola.....

Chill dude. BTW & FYI, I was referring to cultural norms--violent crime is part of our society, agreed, but it is not a cultural norm. Damn--and I thought you were an edumucated kid....

I guess I'm fortunate in that my chosen profession satisfies the need for speed and man/machine interface on a fairly high level (safely- but not without risk, mind you)--So--forgive me if I cant relate to your putting on a queer looking helmet and seeking jollies by tracking the piss out of a $40k-plus, four door passenger car.

Please save the bandwidth on a reply--I'm becoming just a tad bit tired of your holier than thou attitude and dont care to read any more of your unconnected, immature jibberish. :asshole:

-
Are you ok?

I said I didn't give a damn about his story. And I said you don't give damn about the points I made. Completely different issues.

I am chilled. Perhaps you are the one who isn't. The only similitude between vilent crime and street racing that I was referring to was the illegal nature and the risk to others. You are taking it out of context for no reason whatsoever. To get away with it by saying it is a cultural norm is ridiculous. It is still illegal and unsafe. You don't like that? Change the laws then.

My car was not 40K, and I don't track it. I Autox it. That has nothing to do with this and it is my right to spend my earned money as I please. It really must be nice to be able to do what you do (be a pilot)... I am serious. I envy you for that. But that's a separate issue.

If someone were to tell me that it is better to live on just bread and water for 40 years so that when one turns 60 one would be worth millions more than the perosn who chose to spend his money on ther things, then great. That is their view. It has nothing to do with a "holier than thou" attitude. I pointed out my views and facts, such as its illegality. You don't have to like it. I really don't care about this particular kill story.

Finally, you are the one showing your immaturity by insulting and offending people unprovoked.

Good day.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:21 AM
blah

Mein Auto: 03 330i
Quote:
Get off your high horses
I don't like it when people put my life at risk so they can have some fun. That means I'm on a high horse? I don't think so.

I don't care what you do, but if you put my life at risk, then it's my business. That really shouldn't be hard to understand.

Quote:
Please save the bandwidth on a reply--I'm becoming just a tad bit tired of your holier than thou attitude and dont care to read any more of your unconnected, immature jibberish. :asshole:
Dude. You have issues.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:40 AM
Rest in peace, Coach

Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=canyon+drive

These guys are just out there having some fun too.

For every 100 so-called "kill stories", I hear a few of these. Come back and tell me that you feel confident that this won't happen to you. Same guy who left his friend burning to death in the car used to do this all the time.

People who feel the need to "brag" about a kill story online, is just simply inadequet in part of their male physiognomy.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:26 AM
IRIX Rocks!

Send a message via Yahoo to dlloyd1975
Mein Auto: 325iT Schlampenschlepper
Quote:
-

Yes--Issues with people like you.

My argument never supported carelessly putting citizens' lives at risk. If you had a clue--you would know that mr imola and I have disageed on the "street racing" thing previously. He believes that "racing" on ANY public byway is a crime against humanity whereas I (and many other b-festers) dont believe this is so.

-
Wait until your best friend is killed leaving his wife and a one year old daughter and you'll think that people who do horribly irresponsible things on public roads are committing crimes against humanity.

But, I digress.

The Shaggin' Wagon
2003 Gray Green 325iT, PP, SP, CW, HK, Sand 'Ette
Old 12-19-2003, 09:30 AM
blah

Mein Auto: 03 330i
Quote:
-
My argument never supported carelessly putting citizens' lives at risk.
Yeah.. OOOOOKKKKKKK.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:10 AM
stop staring at me swan

Quote:
-

My argument never supported carelessly putting citizens' lives at risk.

-

I think thats the problem with people who just go out and race on public roads. They THINK they are not putting other people at risk and they are in complete control over their car. You cant control the situations you cant prevent or see ahead of time. Whether it be on the 495 loop or along city streets, you are putting others at such a great risk.

Getting these 'kills' on the street mean nothing, which was my main point. If it was on a track or auto xed by the same driver in the same conditions, then I would be able to consider one car greater than the other. It just seems that street racing just goes to show how stupid people can be with these 'my ______ is better than your' attitudes
Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 AM

I honestly can't believe this is still being discussed. As I previously stated, I understand the comments and concerns regarding street racing. I never downplayed how dangerous it is or the risks it carries with it.

I first became a member about six months ago, when I first began pursuit of a zhp and needed help regarding various issues on a new vehicle purchase. I am 21, and attend UVa as previously specified. I am not a pompous prick as deemed earlier (an unfair judgement given that I know nobody personally in this community), and the following views are solely my own, but are a true reflection of things I have noticed since becoming a member.

This board has been extremely, extremely helpful in assisting my journey to get the car of my dreams; but there are a lot of people on here that are just so negative regarding anything they disagree with that it really does discourage people like myself from posting anything.

It's like there is this group of people on this board who all know each other, and any outsider seems to get bombarded if one of those people has a problem with a post. It becomes like a snowball effect with people jumping on someone after the first has done so.

And once a subsequent thread is started by that same person who got bombarded, their name is automatically associated with previously controversial threads contaning member disagreements.

I know this is an open public forum and people are open to freely discuss topics at their own discretion, but for the purposes of criticizing someone, an automatic degradation isn't necessary.

I've been a bmw fan forever (I had a 1984 318i through all of highschool and I graduated in 2000), so I know what having a bmw is all about. I dont plan on losing that loyalty anytime soon, but there is a negativity on these boards associated with differing opinions that really does discourage constructive discussion.