Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM
DINAN STAGE3

Send a message via AIM to jowin m
Mein Auto: 2007 750li
2007 750li "Transmission Fault"

Can someone shed some light on this issue, for some reason sometimes when i drive the car it just shuts off and goes in neutral. When i try to start the car i get nothing! not even a noise or anything. After about 10 repeated trials, the car just miraculous starts i have noooooo idea why this happened, have this happened to anyone before? Lastnight when i turned the car on again i got a message say Transmission Fault, however when i turned the car off and turned it back on....... everything went back to normal .........

Pleaaaaaaaaaassseeeeeee can someone shed some light on this!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
'' Blue Pill Tester ''

Mein Auto: 05 BMW 745Li
Sorry, really sorry to hear this kind of problem, my friend. Make sure you check your battery and charging system. As stupid as it may sound, it does have a lot to do with it. Also make sure you check if she (the car, not your lady...lol) goes to sleep after you parked her. I'd say approximately a good 30 minutes or so, she should go nighty nighty. In a case she still goes partying after 30 minutes or so or she never goes to sleep at all, that should be your problem right there.
You should load your battery and check your charging system ASAP.

Good Luck. Don't get stranded with a car like yours. It's pretty...lol Honestly...when that happened to me one time on highway, I felt so insulted/embarrassed.

Beautiful car is hard findBeautiful girls are just around the corner.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw 745LI
try this, it will help....
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=457581
Old 09-06-2010, 05:05 PM

you have to change the Integrated supply module....
Old 09-06-2010, 06:18 PM
DINAN STAGE3

thanks alot i will look into it.... really really appreciate it guys.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:25 PM
DINAN STAGE3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikob View Post
you have to change the Integrated supply module....
i think your right.... i read the "horror" story posted in the thread and the issue seems identical
Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM

don't wait and don't waist your time and money, just go to bmw and buy the part from them and change it, its just 20min job...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM

if you have more questions feel free to ask
Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
DINAN STAGE3

I've bought the part.... I've successfully changed it and the car won't start at all......
Old 09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
DINAN STAGE3

Ok so I took the battery out...the car starts now, however there seems to be a check engine light that has appeared now
Old 09-08-2010, 10:58 AM

car starts at first try each time you try to start?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
DINAN STAGE3

Bro your the the best man the car is running perfect now i paid 108.88 for the part did it myself, and for the most part everything is running great... Cheers oh and the check engine light isnt there anymore after i started driving it.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:03 PM

enjoy the last days of the summer in your bmw.....
Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikob View Post
enjoy the last days of the summer in your bmw.....
Great help ikob. Good luck jowin!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Hello,

Where is the Integrated Supply Module located exactly and is it easy to change?
2007 / 750Li
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM

thenit757 read this http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=457581
Old 10-16-2010, 01:59 AM

Smile Integrated Supply Module

Changed out the Integrated Supply Module to fix start problem / transmission fault code as you suggested.
No issues for over a month!!

Thanks IKOB!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:52 PM

I'm happy that i can help....
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM

Mein Auto: 750LI
integrated supply module

ikob.. Iam just now going through the same problem and its frustrating.. im gonna buy the supply module part like you adviced.. the guy at bmw said after you change the part, the car needs to be programmed or else it wouldnt function.. is that true or they just saying that to make some money? thanks bro let me know
Old 12-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Tirona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk750LI View Post
ikob.. Iam just now going through the same problem and its frustrating.. im gonna buy the supply module part like you adviced.. the guy at bmw said after you change the part, the car needs to be programmed or else it wouldnt function.. is that true or they just saying that to make some money? thanks bro let me know
I got a new power supply module. Pm me if you want since u in NY. Its plug n play. Nothing to program. Just need to clear the errors
Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: '02 745LI
Bumping this thread because I'm happy to have found it!

Bought my 7 a couple of months ago and have had intermittent no-start issues. On a few occassions I'd press the ignition and only get a little clicking/popping sound. No starter turnover at all. I'd press a few more times and nothing. If I waited 15-20 minutes and tried again it would fire right up.

Well, I was picking up a new key fob from the dealership and while sitting in the service bay the car wouldn't start. Just made the click noise. The mechanic said I needed a new battery. I knew that the battery that was in it was an off-brand installed by the indy dealer I bought the car from so I figured a good battery might do the trick. They put in the new battery... and the problem remained. So, they said I needed a new starter. $700 for the starter and $1100 labor! I told them I'd just wait 15 minutes or so and try again. Well, sure enough I got the car started finally. When I put it in drive and pulled away a bunch of error messages popped up on the iDrive display and said I should proceed cautiously to the nearest BMW service center. I u-turned back to the service bay and had them look into it. They found no errors and after stopping/restarting the engine the errors did not reappear.

I drove back to the office and realized I'd left my paperwork at the dealership so I called and asked them to grab it and I'd come pick it up. When I went out to the parking lot I tried to start the car... no click this time, just a little whirring noise. I tried a few times. Nothing. Went back into the office for 15-20 minutes then went out and tried again. Nothing. Now, I am getting irked about this problem. I'm thinking I'll have to have the car towed to the shop, get a rental, etc... and spend $2k on a new starter.

I went back into the office and pulled up the forums and searched. I found this thread with a service bulletin reference that would have applied to my car but was not on the list of service work performed. I printed it off and took it with me. Someone here said that if they kept pushing the ignition for 4-5 minutes the starter would eventually engage. I did that, and sure enough after God-knows how many pushes the starter finally turned over. It was about 4-5 minutes.

Went back into the service area and showed the service manager the service bulletin info from this post. Apparently, BMW has pulled this SB from their systems because it wasn't listed. Still, I told the manager I'd pay for the part to rule it out as the issue. He agreed and I bought it for $112 and one of his techs put it in for free. The tech told me he didn't think it was the problem. He still said I need a new starter (and I may, because the starter does drag noticeably). After he replaced the module I fired up the car the first time. I turned it off and fired it up again just fine. I drove it back to the office and turned it off and on a few times and it fired up each time.

I am hopeful that this is reason I've been getting the intermittent no-start conditions. We shall see. Thanks, IKOB! Even if it turns out that I do need a new starter, this was a very inexpensive potential alternative and worth ruling out before dropping major coin on a new starter!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 PM

Mein Auto: 02 745 LI
Help!

The same thing is happening to me except for I get an error that says "Drive Control" "Drive Moderately". I was wondering if this still hints at the Integrated Supply Module needing to be replaced? My car has cut off on my twice now while going about 5 MPH. The car goes into neutral and when I press the stop button it shuts off and won't turn back on for about 5-10 tries. I took it to a indy shop and they said maybe the entire DME module but they were uncertain. Said it could be 1400 for the part alone. I want to try to the Integrated Supply Module, but I am not getting any transmission faults. BTW I'm new here! I appreciate the help.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:32 PM
745Li

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI
I just replaced the integrated supply module and I unplugged my battery to try to remove the errors. My car wont start. There are new errors as well and the front drive cluster just blinks off and on. Any help??!!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
745Li

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI
Ronin Autowerks in Fullerton, CA Excellent work! Recommended if you need work on your BMW.

Last edited by Alpine745li; 03-04-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 745i
in my case it was the power module which is located in the trunk.

2002 745i