Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
03 745Li mirrors

Hey all I just have a quick question bout the side mirrors on 745 li. When you go on reverse aren't the suppose to go down or it's something that you can turn on turn off? Or was it an option on the car? And how do you fold the mirrors? I will really appreciate any information. Thank you for your time
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CCCP*** View Post
Hey all I just have a quick question bout the side mirrors on 745 li. When you go on reverse aren't the suppose to go down or it's something that you can turn on turn off? Or was it an option on the car? And how do you fold the mirrors? I will really appreciate any information. Thank you for your time
I dont think it was an option till 06 or 07...

and you can fold the mirrors manually on a 745. it takes quite a bit of power with your hand, but it can be done. again, I also believe you could electronically fold the mirrors in an 06 or 07

dont know but that's what I think

Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CCCP*** View Post
Hello - I believe the function is turned on when the mirror selection switch (on the door handle of the driver's side) is switched to the left. When it's switched to the right this disables the feature and the mirror wont adjust down.

I hope this helps!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad745 View Post
Hello - I believe the function is turned on when the mirror selection switch (on the door handle of the driver's side) is switched to the left. When it's switched to the right this disables the feature and the mirror wont adjust down.

I hope this helps!
Thank you very very much my friend ur info helped a lot. I'm going to pick my new car tmrw I was just looking at it today and it didn't work. Tmrw I will check it out but I know that's the problem I know the button ur talking bout. One more time thank you very much. And sorry bout the dumb question
Old 09-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Grindin

Mein Auto: 2003 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad745 View Post

I hope this helps!

Yes this is true!

Photobucket
Old 09-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745 Li
+2 on the switch on the drivers door. And remember the only dumb question is the one not asked...