Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Mein Auto: 550I
Compleation to boat??

Hey guys quick question if any of you have any experience with this. My car is scheduled for completion tomorrow. There are two ships leaving port tomorrow as well and then no more boats leaving for a week. Any shot my car completes production and catches a boat same day? Or will it more then likely sit in port for another week waiting for a boat?

J
Ads by Google
Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to goodmanal
Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
This does not directly answer your question, but it is 340 miles from Dingolfing to the port of Bremerhaven. The cars are transported to Bremerhaven by train. I would think that there is a low probabiity of production completion and delivery to Bremerhaven on the same day.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i
99% that it will not make it. Its too fast. Your car will probably sit at port for 5-10 days. Certainly it could be sooner, but that is rare. Also, from recent experience, there are many more boats leaving than you think. BMW uses multiple shipping carries. Mine sat at port for 2- weeks and finally picked up a K-line ship that more or less makes a bee-line to Brunswick, GA. Several fewer stops than the W&W lines. Thus, a shorter time on the water and in the end cancels out your car taking longer at the port.

Hang in there (pot calling the kettle black). Once you get confirmation that your car is on the water, you will be much more content. Also, usually once you get confirmation of your car being on a boat, its usually about 2-3 days after its already underway.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:14 AM

Mein Auto: 550I
Hey thanks for the replies guys! I knew it was a long shot but figured I'd ask...