Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanal View Post
As I indicated in a previous post my car which finished production on 15 Sept was on the ship Sunlight Ace, which left Bremerhaven on 17 Sept and is due in NYC on 1 October. I got this information via the Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site although the ship appears to be not one of theirs. My dealer confirmed the ship and scheduled port arrival in New York. The BMW Owners'web page did not indicate that the vehicle was enroute until yesterday, 21 Sept, 4 days after the ship left Bremerhaven. It is interesting to note that the ship is scheduled to stop first in Brunswick, Georgia on 28 Sept before going to New York.
My 535i completed production on Sept 8th and still says its at the port of exit waiting for a ship. I finally have emailed my dealer, but have yet to hear anything... whats going on

Last edited by brandonw; 09-22-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonw View Post
My 535i completed production on Sept 8th and still says its at the port of exit waiting for a ship. I finally have emailed my dealer, but have yet to hear anything... whats going on
I didn't check for your previous replies, have you checked the Wallenius site cargo tracking page? My car had finished production on 8/14 and had just missed a ship, so it took until 8/25 to board a vessel. Your wait does seem long. Why not just call them rather than wait for a possible no response to your email? They can look it up in 2 seconds and let you know if there is a hold or what the story is.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-22-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
I didn't check for your previous replies, have you checked the Wallenius site cargo tracking page? My car had finished production on 8/14 and had just missed a ship, so it took until 8/25 to board a vessel. Your wait does seem long. Why not just call them rather than wait for a possible no response to your email? They can look it up in 2 seconds and let you know if there is a hold or what the story is.
Thanks. I did end up calling my CA and leaving a voice mail on his cell phone this afternoon. I haven't heard back. Maybe its his day off, but then I didn't get a resposne to my email the other day either. I hope he calls me in the morning. If I don't hear from him by lunch, I will call and maybe ask the inventory manager to look it up for me. My hopes are that all the data I have access to is just sorely outdated. My fingers are crossed that it made it on the boat Patriot that departed the other day.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M Sport
Apologies for small hijack here. My car was enroute to Bremerhaven on 9/21. When/How do I get VIN # to check ships? Thanks.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335ci
Vin #

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
Apologies for small hijack here. My car was enroute to Bremerhaven on 9/21. When/How do I get VIN # to check ships? Thanks.
In my case I got the VIN # from the BMW customer assistance center (1-800-831-1117) after production was completed.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirerogue View Post
You can call your CA. They can easily look this up and give it to you. Someone mentioned of BMWUSA giving you that info, but I have heard they dont have or it will not give it to you. So must be based on the person you get.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ronsell
Mein Auto: 2011 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonw View Post
You can call your CA. They can easily look this up and give it to you. Someone mentioned of BMWUSA giving you that info, but I have heard they dont have or it will not give it to you. So must be based on the person you get.
I agree. Just call your CA. It's been my experience that calling BMW NA is useless.
The last time I called, the automated system said my car was at the port in Bremerhaven
awaiting shipment, while online tracking said it was at the preparation center. Even if you
talk directly with a BMW rep, he or she will most likely tell you to call the dealer.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M Sport
Thanks all. I did call the BMWUSA Customer Service number and they told me I have to get the VIN from my dealer. I'm waiting now!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335ci
I just got an email from my CA telling me that my car is "on the water", left Bremerhaven 9/21 and due in Baltimore on 10/4. I'm guessing this is WWL's Patriot? 1-800 # still says "in production, estimated completion 9/14". BMW online says "awaiting transportation". WWL's tracking says "No record found".
Old 09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Mr. Clean

Send a message via AIM to BimmerE39 Send a message via Yahoo to BimmerE39
Mein Auto: TiSi E39 / Space Gray M3
Quote:
The BMW USA Owners web page and the BMW USA phone number indicate my Week 36 Production 535ix was in port awaiting a ship. However the Wallenius Wilhhelmsen shipping company Track & Trace says my vehicle is aboard the ship, Sunlight Ace, which left Bremerhaven on 17 September and is due in NY on 1 October.
My M3 is on the same ship as we speak and I've been trying to get details on the ship location. W&W's site seems to be lagging and what I found to be more interesting is the voyage number (according to W&W) is invalid. I'm not sure if Sunlight Ace is a W&W ship and I think that might be the reason it doesn't appear on their site. Regardless I'm expecting to pick my M3 up either on October 8th or 11th. Definitely looking forward to it because the wait is unbearable at this point.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to goodmanal
Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
Sunlight Ace

The Sunlight Ace is in Brunswick, Georgia and is due in NYC on 1 October.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Mr. Clean

Quote:
The Sunlight Ace is in Brunswick, Georgia and is due in NYC on 1 October.
I knew it was supposed to be in NEAT on October 1st but I didn't know it was going to Georgia first. Thanks for that info because I just verified it on marinetraffic.com. Have fun with your new car when you get it.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Found out today that my 550i xDrive is due to arrive in port in Delaware tomorrow. I should have it by next Tuesday.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by richschneid View Post
Found out today that my 550i xDrive is due to arrive in port in Delaware tomorrow. I should have it by next Tuesday.
Very nice! I bet you're getting excited, right?

On another note I'm assuming all of us ordered our cars around the same time frame or maybe even on the same day? I ordered my car on July 23rd. How about you guys?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to goodmanal
Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
I ordered mine on 30 August.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Mr. Clean

Quote:
I ordered mine on 30 August.
So I guess that means I've been waiting a real long time then...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:02 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdepetra View Post
My 535x is also on the water. Departed Bremerhaven via the ship Thamesis on 9-15. Carrier is Wallenius Wilhelmsen. Ir ia scheduled to arrive in Baltimore on 9-29 and Savannah on 10-2. Don't know my port yet.
Your port is shown on the Design/MSRP section of your dealer's BMW ordering site -- ask him or her to scan it and send it to you.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerE39 View Post
Very nice! I bet you're getting excited, right?

On another note I'm assuming all of us ordered our cars around the same time frame or maybe even on the same day? I ordered my car on July 23rd. How about you guys?
I ordered my car on July 1st. I put down my deposit in February.
550i xDrive/ImperialBlue/Beige/anthracite/DHP/sport/vent seats/convience/cold weather/driver assistance/prem 2/sport trans/fold down rears/4 zone/ACC/HUD/cameras/night vision/ipod and smart integration.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: '08 535xi
Ordered my 550xi July 29th then converted to M Sport in early August.
Production completed on September 20th.
Arrived at port on September 24th
Apparently missed today's (28th) ship to Baltimore...hopefully the sweetie will be on the October 3rd departure. That would arrive in Baltimore on the 15th then to dealer 4 days later. So, the earliest for me at this point is an October 20th delivery.

Hey Rich, you may be the first in the forum group here to get an x-drive in the U.S. Couldn't happen to a better guy. Congratulations in advance !!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:51 AM

Mein Auto: '08 535xi
UPDATE !! I made it onto the ship MEDEA, left port on the 9/28. Will arrive in Baltimore on October 10th. Dealer delivery on the 16th !!

The BMWUSA site and the 800 number had not been updated as of this morning. It is now listed as booked on the shipping site.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 AM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
mine is sitting in Bremmerhaven waiting for a ship too. I'm hoping it makes the Tomar that is supposed to leave on the 30th (i think). I've check the shipping lines web site but it says no record. Last time my 08 got stuck in the port of Newark (NJ) for several weeks. C'mon BMW get my new 5er here!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM

Mein Auto: 335i coupe
FPNY - why did your last BMW get stuck in NJ Port of several weeks? Usually it's 2 - 4 days or so before shiping to the Dealer!

My 335is is also on the Sunlight Ace which left GA (I think) this morning bound for Baltimore.

Did any of you read about the longshoremen's strike? See attached file:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/21...Port-Terminals

Let's keep our fingers x'ed.....

michael
Old 09-29-2010, 11:32 AM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McHale View Post
FPNY - why did your last BMW get stuck in NJ Port of several weeks? Usually it's 2 - 4 days or so before shiping to the Dealer!

My 335is is also on the Sunlight Ace which left GA (I think) this morning bound for Baltimore.

michael
I had no idea why it sat there, the dealer claims to have had no info either. it wasn't until the grouchy, no sense of humor havin inspector came to look at my car pre return of my leased 08. he asked me why the front end of the car had been painted, claiming that the paint was not right thickness on his "gauge". He practically accused me of wrecking the car and having it repainted.I will admit that the car has a ding here and there, but nothing that required a trip to the body shop. That's when I started to put two and two together. I think the car was damaged in transport and repaired somewhere along the line. I told the inspector he could take a hike with his accusation, and he could take his stupid form with him. I called my salesman and gave him the benefit of my police detective questioning experience, but got nowhere with him. That's my theory.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:57 PM

Mein Auto: 528xi
Me Too

I just confirmed a deal to upgrade my 08 528xi to 535xi. BMW has a special deal for people whose 528xi lease ends before the new 528xi is available. It still costs more, but its a pretty nice way move up. If I lived in a snowless region, I would have gotten the 528i, but I've more than once felt the traction my xdrive provides and just can't be without it. I also don't want to mess with snow tires.

I decided on Black Sapphire with the Oyster Dakota. Packages: Premium 1, Premium 2, Comfort, Driver Assistance, and Cold Weather. Options: Fold Down Rear Seat, Top and Side View and Multi-Contour seats.

Since xDrive kills the parallel parking feature, I ordered top view as a consolation. Since side view puts black cameras on the front fender, jet black or black sapphire was the only color to choose. I'm hoping they will hide the camera nodules.

I ordered in advance to make sure everything goes smoothly. The forum was great in helping me in configuration.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Son of a Gun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McHale View Post

michael
Don't tell me my car is going to sit there....

The Manon has left the port in NJ, so theoretically, my 535xi is at the port, waiting for delivery to dealership (does BMW have any kind of prep center at/near the port, or all work done at dealership?). Reminds me when I first graduated from college and moved to California for work. The moving van that had my meager belongings (clothes and a small amount of furniture) was delayed for weeks, as the driver quit while in the middle of the country! Hope things work out and I receive the car soon.