Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Mr. Clean

Send a message via AIM to BimmerE39 Send a message via Yahoo to BimmerE39
Mein Auto: TiSi E39 / Space Gray M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst101 View Post
Don't tell me my car is going to sit there....

The Manon has left the port in NJ, so theoretically, my 535xi is at the port, waiting for delivery to dealership (does BMW have any kind of prep center at/near the port, or all work done at dealership?). Reminds me when I first graduated from college and moved to California for work. The moving van that had my meager belongings (clothes and a small amount of furniture) was delayed for weeks, as the driver quit while in the middle of the country! Hope things work out and I receive the car soon.
BMW has it's own building at NEAT which does some of the vehicle prep. I believe the vehcile prep center at NEAT also repairs the car if it was damaged during transit (which from my understanding happens very rarely) The dealership does diagnostic work and installs any factory accessories that were not installed by the factory (iPod cables, etc.) as well as preps the car for use on the road. I know I'll be able to pick up my car on October 8th from Darien but I'm waiting until the 11th because my schedule is going to be hectic next week.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM

Mein Auto: 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerE39 View Post
BMW has it's own building at NEAT which does some of the vehicle prep. I believe the vehcile prep center at NEAT also repairs the car if it was damaged during transit (which from my understanding happens very rarely) The dealership does diagnostic work and installs any factory accessories that were not installed by the factory (iPod cables, etc.) as well as preps the car for use on the road. I know I'll be able to pick up my car on October 8th from Darien but I'm waiting until the 11th because my schedule is going to be hectic next week.
Thanks for the info. Best of luck to you and safe driving!

Tom
Old 09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sport Package
Has anyone confirmed their car is on the Tomar? It's leaving port as we speak and I haven't seen my VIN on board. Does anyone know how long it takes to confirm the car is aboard? Thanks in advance.
BMWCCA Member #458528 www.bmwcca.org

"If Things Seem Under Control, You're Not Going Fast Enough"
Mario Andretti
Old 09-30-2010, 05:54 PM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
i was hoping my car would be on that ship, but all i get is no record when i search. other posters are saying there are other shipping lines that are used so our cars may be on one of them.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPNY View Post
i was hoping my car would be on that ship, but all i get is no record when i search. other posters are saying there are other shipping lines that are used so our cars may be on one of them.
Let hope for Tomar, TOMAR, TOMAR, TOMAR!!!!

Mario Andretti
Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Going crazy! My 535 X-drive arrived at Baltimore yesterday and BMWUSA.com already shows it at the prep center. I'm guessing between finishing at the center and Bavarian Motor Transport just 7-10 days to Minneapolis!

Recap: ordered August 6; built and loaded for transport Sept. 15; at Baltimore port on Sept. 29.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 PM

oh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McHale View Post
FPNY - why did your last BMW get stuck in NJ Port of several weeks? Usually it's 2 - 4 days or so before shiping to the Dealer!

My 335is is also on the Sunlight Ace which left GA (I think) this morning bound for Baltimore.

Did any of you read about the longshoremen's strike? See attached file:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/21...Port-Terminals

Let's keep our fingers x'ed.....

michael
So, I was at dealership today, and they told me about the strike -- said my car could be sitting at the port for days. They're not happy, as they need to replenish inventory, and they need the cars that were on "my" ship.... Sigh. Fortunately, my dealership is only miles from the Port, so once they start working again, it shouldn't be too long to get the car.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to goodmanal
Mein Auto: 2011 535i XDrive
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site said my car was on the Sunlight Ace which is now moored in Baltimore and was scheduled to be in NY today. My dealer just emailed me that my vehicle is on the Fidelio which is currently crossing the "pond" and is due in NY on 6 October.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanal View Post
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen web site said my car was on the Sunlight Ace which is now moored in Baltimore and was scheduled to be in NY today. My dealer just emailed me that my vehicle is on the Fidelio which is currently crossing the "pond" and is due in NY on 6 October.
Good luck! My dealer just e-mailed me to say the car is in Port Bayonne, the strike is over, and they should have it by next Friday.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i
Quote:
Goodmanual: Do you mind me asking what week production you had and when it was completed?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 PM

It was Week 37 production and was completed about 15 Sept.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:32 AM

Confirmed, my new ride is on the Tomar! Yeeeehaaaaa!!!! I should have her in my garage by the 17th!

Mario Andretti
Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 AM
um, i dunno

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, mine made the TOMAR as well, I just got an email from my sales guy, he says it left on the 30t!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO
Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
um, i dunno

and the web sites says no record in the tracker...
Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Xdrive, MSport
Same here for the TOMAR. Can't wait for her to get her big a$$ to the states. Only 12 days to go.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:59 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Very strange. I've had 4 cars shipped by WW (1 MB, 3 BMW) and I never saw a logistics error on their site. Are you seeing "Booked at Terminal", "Received at Dock", "Loaded on Vessel" for your VIN on their site? I almost think their info would be more accurate than your dealer. If you see "Cleared Customs" and "Discharged" I think your car was on the first ship you mentioned. They wouldn't keep tracking the wrong serial number, it is scanned at each step like a UPS package. You sure you have the right VIN?

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 10-02-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
and the web sites says no record in the tracker...
The TOMAR is scheduled to arrive in NY on 10/13. Are you putting your VIN in the right-most field, Cargo ID? Give it another day, WW is very good with their web info, in my experience. Try just the last 7 digits, it will match any cars with that string.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 10-02-2010, 10:07 AM

I confirmed my VIN with the dealer. He says the car is on the Fidelio which is due in NY on 6 Oct. I just rechecked the WW site and it says my car was loaded on the Sunlight Ace which is due in NY tomorrow. I'll soon know which is correct.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 AM

I am happy for you guys all getting confirmation from your dealer and the quick shipping turn around from production. I can't wait to see some pictures. I am still not getting anywhere. Car is still at the port of exit and I was week 35 production. Its been confirmed at the port of exit for over 2-weeks. My CA on Wednesday said thats what his system showed. I cant get any thing else from them as to info or as to what might be going on. I would just like to have someone look into it further. Is that to much to expect at this point? I have emailed him again this morning, as I didn't get a response from my email yesterday morning. What would you do? Call BMWNA Monday? Someone has to be able to tell me where a 4,000 lb car is.... SO FRUSTRATED.....

Nothing on the WW site still....

Last edited by brandonw; 10-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonw View Post

I am happy for you guys all getting confirmation from your dealer and the quick shipping turn around from production. I can't wait to see some pictures. I am still not getting anywhere. Car is still at the port of exit and I was week 35 production. Its been confirmed at the port of exit for over 2-weeks. My CA on Wednesday said thats what his system showed. I cant get any thing else from them as to info or as to what might be going on. I would just like to have someone look into it further. Is that to much to expect at this point? I have emailed him again this morning, as I didn't get a response from my email yesterday morning. What would you do? Call BMWNA Monday? Someone has to be able to tell me where a 4,000 lb car is.... SO FRUSTRATED.....
Yes, call BMWNA Monday and don't take "no" for an answer. If they say your dealer has the info and they don't, insist on speaking with someone higher up. There is no reason a sold vehicle is sitting at the port for 2 weeks. Someone needs to call the port and determine where the vehicle is and what the status is. Just keep saying it's unacceptable that nobody can give you information and don't give in. You can be very nice but just keep insisting that you need information today. Is your dealer nearby? I would go there in person and ask to see your status page online. If there is a "hold" they should see that information. I would have to see the page online myself to believe what they are telling me.

Last edited by markl53; 10-02-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO, mine made the TOMAR as well, I just got an email from my sales guy, he says it left on the 30t!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO
Guys, I'm on the beach at Sandy Hook Striped Bass fishing with views of NYC. I'll keep an eye out for the Tomar and sound the alarm on her arrival!

Mario Andretti

Last edited by Slaymaster; 10-02-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Porsche C4S
"Schedule for Production"

Mine was just updated on the "Track Your BMW" site to "schedule for production." Any idea how long until next stage, "awaiting transport"?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
Woo hoo congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 10-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Mine was already finished being built by the time the website showed it just going into production. Dealer computer system is the only reliable way to know anything. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:33 AM

My car is finally confirmed to be on the water. K-line's Aegean Highway, due in Brunswick next Tuesday, October 12. At least I can rest knowing its no longer sitting at the port of exit.