Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i Sophisto/Oyster
New Born is Almost Home

My titanium silver/everest grey 535 arrived in port yesterday, which means she's only a 5ish hour drive from being home in Atlanta What's the typical time between arrival in port and delivery at the deliver? I have heard anything from 4 days to a week, it just depends on the trucker - is this true?

P1, P2, sport, convenience, side/top view camera, ipod/usb, split fold seats

EXCITED!
Ads by Google
Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 X5 4.8i
Lucky! Mine too is arriving at port, but port of exit this week... 3-4 more weeks before I get mine. I'm in Atlanta as well. What dealer did you use?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 5.0
I'm a little behind you. My 550 is on the Curitiba currently somewhere in the Atlantic due into Brunswick around Sep 23. I figure by the time it clears customs and makes the ground transport to Texas I'll see it sometime in early October (although the dealer seems to think they can still pull off Sept).

Currently have a 2008 X5 4.8 and thought I would be replacing it with another X5, I was impressed driving the new F10 and surprised myself and my sales guy when I ordered the 550.

I feel like a kid tracking Santa cross the Atlantic at Christmas

550i Alpine White/Black Nappa, PP2, sport, comfort access, heads up display
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonw View Post
Lucky! Mine too is arriving at port, but port of exit this week... 3-4 more weeks before I get mine. I'm in Atlanta as well. What dealer did you use?
Bought it from Nalley in Decatur. Sales person was Jose Ceballos. He did a great job and really worked hard on my behalf. Car buying is definitely more pleasant when you have a good sales person!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadesidon View Post
Bought it from Nalley in Decatur. Sales person was Jose Ceballos. He did a great job and really worked hard on my behalf. Car buying is definitely more pleasant when you have a good sales person!
I bought from Nalley as well. My CA is Thad. I have been pleased with him and my questions during the ordering process. My last three were from United. I got so tired of then dicking me around and insulting me, I walked away from their dealership for good. Do you know if the cars for Atlanta come into Charleston or Brunswick or both?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
Mine came into the NJ port on the same date. Not sure if your goes to NJ or now. Should be at my dealer (in NJ) by Tuesday 9/21
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Okay so I just found out that the actual delivery date to the dealer is Friday the 24th which is a week after what I was told initially. It is going to take a day to get tinted, and they won't tint on the weekend, so I will probably take delivery right at the end of the month. I am not happy.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Okay so I just found out that the actual delivery date to the dealer is Friday the 24th which is a week after what I was told initially. It is going to take a day to get tinted, and they won't tint on the weekend, so I will probably take delivery right at the end of the month. I am not happy.
I would say hang in there, but I need to be telling myself that. My car is sitting at the port waiting for a boat. My build completion date was 09/08. It seems to be taking forever.... oh the waiting....
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 5.0
Quote:
A week at the Vehicle Prep Center in Brunswick doesn't sound right, especially to just get the car to Atlanta. I'd ask your CA what the delay is, speciffically if there was any damage to the vehicle during shipping.

Hopefully it's just a delay on the ground transport and they'll surprise you and get it to Atlanta sooner.