Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E36 M3 (1995-1999)

E36 M3 (1995-1999)

Old 09-17-2010, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: 525i
anybody have a VF engineering supercharger?

Hello everyone! Im thinking about buying VF Engineering's supercharger for my 98 4dr m3 manual. I know what the specs are but does anyone have one? What sort of performance gains have you noticed? What does your 1/4 mile time look like now? I have a $5000 budget and $4500 doesn't seem bad for VF's upgrade. ANY INPUT?
Ads by Google
Old 09-17-2010, 02:48 PM
European Auto Source

Mein Auto: M3
If you want to maybe save a tad bit more on the S/C kit as well, we've got Bimmerfest pricing for you as well, so make sure to PM me if you get the kit.

As for the M3 the OBDII models usually see a bit more torque but not by much, it's usually about 5-10ftlbs more than the OBD1 models.

HP Rating will get you around 360 at the crank, and 295ftlbs at the crank as well. Every aspect of this kit has been fully engineered for high quality fitment and highly demanding performance and expectation. VF's in-house horizontal, turning and milling CNC's and plastic molding plant, GIAC's industry reputation and track record, and Vortech's reliability have been fully exploited to create a product with internationally un-rivaled material technology, quality, and performance.

As far as 1/4 times, I haven't seen any listed, but with around 290-300rwhp, you'll certainly be taking away a decent amount of time on your 1/4 mile races. PM me for forum pricing or more info.

Blog | YouTube | facebook | twitter | flickr
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M3 sc
I've got one. I was one of the first. When I bought it Sean and Nic assured me that they would have the intercooled intake manifold and other stuff for an 11psi stage 2 within 6 months. 5 years LATER. i'M STILL FREAKING WIATING....

While the stage ONLY kit is well made and works well, there is NO upgrade path. They quit doing anything for the E36 guys, and went on to the E46 guys.

You will probably see in the 290ish rear wheel hp range. It will heat soak when it's hot, and the car will feel like it lost 40Hp, because it has.

Do not buy a E36 kit from VF. Save yourself a lot of headache and buy either a Dinan, RMS, or Active HKS system. At least that way you will have the possibility of future upgrades. You will want to upgrade because boost is addictive.