Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds > Mobile Electronics and Lighting

Mobile Electronics and Lighting
Car Stereos, Cell Phones, DDEs, HIDs, foglights etc...

Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by balu4k View Post
Technic, I am new to this forum and so not able to PM you. can you PM with the payment details. I need the harness for 328 xi coupe 2009 with 10 speakers hifi system to put in JL 600/6 amp.
Please use PM when allowed...
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to starbai
Mein Auto: 92 Prelude, 04 S2000
The amp I'm going to be using, JL audio 600/6 has the balanced inputs that will be needed.

Though as far as inputs go, it still requires RCA inputs as there is no 'speaker level ports' (if thats the right terminology.

Will 3 of these, connected to your your harness work, Technic?

http://www.jlaudio.com/xd-clraic2-sw...ker-wire-90435
Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
The amp I'm going to be using, JL audio 600/6 has the balanced inputs that will be needed.

Though as far as inputs go, it still requires RCA inputs as there is no 'speaker level ports' (if thats the right terminology.

Will 3 of these, connected to your your harness work, Technic?

http://www.jlaudio.com/xd-clraic2-sw...ker-wire-90435
The XD600/6 can create 6-outputs from the 4 OEM HU inputs (set its Input switch to "4CH"). No RCA splitters required.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 PM

please excuse my ignorance, I'm trying to learn as I go here...

But looking at the 'input section' of this amp, they look like 6 RCA female plugs... if your harness puts out 6 speaker/like wires... that is doesn't end in an RCA terminal of some sort... would I not need something to go from your harnesses individual 'speaker wire' to an RCA connection that this amp will need?

Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
please excuse my ignorance, I'm trying to learn as I go here...

But looking at the 'input section' of this amp, they look like 6 RCA female plugs... if your harness puts out 6 speaker/like wires... that is doesn't end in an RCA terminal of some sort... would I not need something to go from your harnesses individual 'speaker wire' to an RCA connection that this amp will need?

Please take a look at the XD600/6 installation document, page 7, "Input Mode".

It is available at the JL Audio site.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Please take a look at the XD600/6 installation document, page 7, "Input Mode".

It is available at the JL Audio site.
Okay thanks for the tip there. I did go and find the owners manual document. From what I read there, I can see what you're saying about 4 channels in (I guess it has some sort of internal crossover for the subwoofer signal)--- understood now. Thanks.

That still leaves me with my initial question however. From what I can tell by the looks of a few pictures of your harness by various members, its a connector that plugs into the OEM harness... and out the other end comes a bunch of (for lack of correct terminology) speaker wire, and other relatively high gauge remote turn on wires etc.. etc... (looks like a headunit harness) -- either way I didn't see it ending in any RCA plugs that can be plugged into an AMP (male OR female)

That installation document you suggested I read through says "Input connections are via up to three pairs of traditional RCA-type jacks."

My question to you is, do I use something like what I posted before (and the bottom of this post), in order to make that transition from your speaker wire type of input to an RCA input? Or does your harness end in RCA inputs and I'm just misinformed?

Also I PMed you on e90post requesting help on all kindsa stuff.. but i think after a few days of research I've gotten it all figured out. I still need to know however, how to purchase the harness/speaker adapters/and speaker spacers I may need (4" for the doors) if you're willing to sell them to me -- If for some reason you'd prefer me to PM you here please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

Last edited by starbai; 11-25-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Okay thanks for the tip there. I did go and find the owners manual document. From what I read there, I can see what you're saying about 4 channels in (I guess it has some sort of internal crossover for the subwoofer signal)--- understood now. Thanks.

That still leaves me with my initial question however. From what I can tell by the looks of a few pictures of your harness by various members, its a connector that plugs into the OEM harness... and out the other end comes a bunch of (for lack of correct terminology) speaker wire, and other relatively high gauge remote turn on wires etc.. etc... (looks like a headunit harness) -- either way I didn't see it ending in any RCA plugs that can be plugged into an AMP (male OR female)

That installation document you suggested I read through says "Input connections are via up to three pairs of traditional RCA-type jacks."

My question to you is, do I use something like what I posted before (and the bottom of this post), in order to make that transition from your speaker wire type of input to an RCA input? Or does your harness end in RCA inputs and I'm just misinformed?

Also I PMed you on e90post requesting help on all kindsa stuff.. but i think after a few days of research I've gotten it all figured out. I still need to know however, how to purchase the harness/speaker adapters/and speaker spacers I may need (4" for the doors) if you're willing to sell them to me -- If for some reason you'd prefer me to PM you here please let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.
The HiFi harness wires directly to the XD600/6 and to any balanced-inputs aftermarket amp. See the first page of this thread for a picture of the harness.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
The HiFi harness wires directly to the XD600/6 and to any balanced-inputs aftermarket amp. See the first page of this thread for a picture of the harness.

Well, there are RCA cables going into the amp, so I assume from the best I can tell in the picture that those are coming from the harness.. which is good news...

I sent a PM to you with my paypal address for the invoice... ready pay whenever you're ready to accept payment!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
Do you make a cable that lets me bypass my factory amp so my new head unit (Dynavin clone) drives my speakers?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbyrd View Post
Do you make a cable that lets me bypass my factory amp so my new head unit (Dynavin clone) drives my speakers?
No, sorry.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: E90
No PM rights yet....

Looking for harness for 2009 E90 with HiFi. Have space in Distribution Block. PM me with payment details and anything else you need. Thx.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpawlson View Post
No PM rights yet....

Looking for harness for 2009 E90 with HiFi. Have space in Distribution Block. PM me with payment details and anything else you need. Thx.
HiFi harness is on backorder until mid January...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Ring Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Dirtboy Send a message via AIM to Dirtboy Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
Mein Auto: E46 E83 E30- all M sport!
How can I get one of these harnesses?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
How can I get one of these harnesses?
Please use PM by mid-January or so...
Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E90 318d
Hello Master tecnich! i need help i have done cic upgrade from CCC, and have today the ugly black amp from Lear, my cic shows Logic 7 options, and i have an logic7 amp from a another car E92, is there anyway that i can get it to woork with the logic7 amp? or with this harness?

i want to buy one can u send me a pm?

Last edited by badsha30; 01-13-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: editing
Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha30 View Post
Hello Master tecnich! i need help i have done cic upgrade from CCC, and have today the ugly black amp from Lear, my cic shows Logic 7 options, and i have an logic7 amp from a another car E92, is there anyway that i can get it to woork with the logic7 amp? or with this harness?

i want to buy one can u send me a pm?
Your problem is one of coding the CIC to recognize your current system (HiFi). No harness of mine will solve that.

Contact forum vendor BimmerTech for coding details.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 AM

Mein Auto: BMW E90 318d
But this harness u make will woork with other amps, so i would like to buy one!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha30 View Post
But this harness u make will woork with other amps, so i would like to buy one!
The HiFi harness is on backorder until next Friday. Please contact then via PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 328I
Harness

I am interested in your Harness. I have sent PM

Quote:
This harness helps replace the OEM amp (black case) of the following models:

1999-2006 E46 3-Series and M3 HiFi (standard) and Harman Kardon (optional) sound system OEM amp
2006-2009 and 20011.5-on E90 and E92 3-Series HiFi (standard) sound system
2007-on E93 3-Series and all E9x M3 HiFi (standard) sound system
2008-2009 and 2011.5-on 1-Series HiFi system (standard)

Harness features include:

- labeled speaker input wires
- OEM remote turn on activation by relay
- OEM HU/iDrive RCA output cables

No OEM wires to cut, tapped or spliced. Just unplug OEM amp, connect this harness to your aftermarket/balanced inputs-compatible amp and then plug it into the OEM audio harness. Aftermarket amp requires connection to the OEM battery 12V and ground, harness will not provide power to aftermarket amp.

Price is $75 shipped in the USA. PayPal accepted...

Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328i
How do I pay for the harness?

Last edited by kaypops; 03-15-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:20 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

HiFi harness is back in stock...
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 328i
MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you, After reading thru tons of posts on upgrading the OEM HiFi stereo - I took the advice of reading thru Technic's Sisters Audio upgrade and installed the JL XD600/6 and a pair of SWS underseat Subs with the Technic Plug N Play Harnesses and all I have to say is GOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went a lil more aggressive on the Sensitivity Dial and I really dont know how long these OEM door and rear Dash will handle that level of punishement but I will keep it that way until they blow out and then upgrade them later. These Harnessess made everything so damn easy to install that I was done with the install (Amp & Subs) in about 3 hours total - I was completely amazed at how easy and how fast and extremely Painless it all was.

I cannot Thank you enough.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prican_2000 View Post
MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you, After reading thru tons of posts on upgrading the OEM HiFi stereo - I took the advice of reading thru Technic's Sisters Audio upgrade and installed the JL XD600/6 and a pair of SWS underseat Subs with the Technic Plug N Play Harnesses and all I have to say is GOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went a lil more aggressive on the Sensitivity Dial and I really dont know how long these OEM door and rear Dash will handle that level of punishement but I will keep it that way until they blow out and then upgrade them later. These Harnessess made everything so damn easy to install that I was done with the install (Amp & Subs) in about 3 hours total - I was completely amazed at how easy and how fast and extremely Painless it all was.

I cannot Thank you enough.
Thanks...
Old 03-21-2013, 02:54 AM

Mein Auto: 330D E92
Hi Technic. Looking to order the HIFI harness for my E92. Will send you my details via PM in the next 24 hours after I am allowed on the form. Cheers.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: e 90
Hi Technic. Looking to order the Hi-Fi harness for 2009 lci e 90.. I am newbie here and therefore no PM rights yet. but listening to your advice after reading a lot.. i am going with jbl ms-8 and will update the speakers down the road. any help is really appreciated.