Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335d ZMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Boy oh boy enigma. I've called, I've asked, and one gets a full tank with VIP Delivery; think whatever you want, doesn't faze me. I'm obsessed with all and this is but one thread... fault me for prefering exlusivity in what I do; no worries. And, for the record, I've already requested Bernhard; no way I'd opt for t&a over brains, esp. on a first go at ED, no telling on the second. A little too serious, my friend.
Dude, go to the gas station or become a celebrity..those are your only choices.
ED 24.05.2006 X3
ED 27.07.2005 X3
Old 09-28-2010, 03:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Agreed. I think this question has been answered several times now the same way.

/End of Thread

2011 335d: Deep Sea Blue, Chestnut Brown, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, CA, Ipod/USB

ED: 7/12
PCD: 9/20

Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 135i Convertible
I once heard a comedian say that we've become a society of people walking around feeling entitled to feel slighted. With all due respect to dbs, that's the sense I'm getting here. Dude, you are SO setting yourself up to ruin an amazing expericence by wondering if soemone else is getting a crumb more than you. I can just imagine your anxiety, as you wait in the lounge, complaining that your free food isn't as nice as someone else's free food, and wondering if the gas tank will be full. And what happens if it isn't? Is that going to put a damper on your day?

And as for "A private room for delivery catered with gourmet food and a sound and light show tailored to the individual, as well as dinner reservations at an ultra high end restaurant" - who the heck wants that? It's about the car - not some high-end meal.

Not trying to give you a hard time - just telling you to RELAX. There will ALWAYS be people who get more than you, and people who get less. If there is a VIP delivery, resign yourself to the fact that it's not available. Not for you, anyway, cause you're not Katy Perry, and you're not shooting a show at BMW Welt.

So just sit back, enjoy, and resign yourself now to the fact that the gas tank may or may not be full. (I don't recall, cause I really didn't care.) And, by the way, when it was redelivered in the states, it did come with a full tank.

Oh, and that "sound and light show tailored to the individual" may well refer to the one-on-one interactive computer-based intro and driving simulation your personal rep will show you before the delivery. It includes your name, and some specific features of your car.

And now, to answer your question: nope, I didn't reschedule delivery. I took delivery on Monday, and then found out that the museum wasn't open that day. So I went back the next day for that, and as noted, they welcomed me to use the free lounge (with buffet) again. They also gave me tix to go up the olympic tower next door - regularly about $10 each, IIRC.

You're gonna have a blast - if you let yourself!

Last edited by pinmagic; 09-28-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpira View Post
I agree - your characterization of Freimann as "007" is spot on.
I'd say more like Alias.

Bond wouldn't need secret gates--he'd find some other way in, either charm or an underground tunnel.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 325is
You are picking up A CAR. You happened to decide to do it on vacation. BMW owes you what you paid for. A car. Not dinner and handjobs and unlimited amounts of petrol.

You are not a precious snowflake. Stop thinking you are so god dammed important and stop trying to impress yourself, because its not working on us. You are coming across as a whiny child, which is the antithesis of the"VIP" you picture yourself as.

To paraphrase han solo, you suffer from delusions of grandeur.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
You can confirm all you want, but I can tell you (as others have) from my own experience that you do NOT get a full tank of gas. BMW used to give out a full tank of gas prior to the Welt.
With VIP delivery (not available to BMW NA customers), you do get a full tank of fuel. The BMW Welt was limited by the fire dept. as to how many new cars could be in the building with a full tank and that number was, I believe, 5 or 6 at any one time.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old 09-28-2010, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Some good words, Pinmagic, but you have it wrong - not to mention everyone else does as well. Simply put: not once have I felt entitled in life. And, no, I'm not Katy Perry or whoever that is from the prior link. Everyone is just a bit hung up on the "VIP" name of this delivery type. It is NOT for VIP's, but for people who want something more, above and beyond (isn't that why so many of you have gone on European Delivery in the first place anyway; something more than the common delivery of your car in the states?). This is about a level of service that is POSSIBLE and can be paid for and I wanted to know if anyone here knew about getting it for the US Market (FOR A FEE or whatever the case may be) - whether there was someone special to ask, etc. Overall, once I understood that no one knows here, I should've just been on my way, instead of playing to all the hate; no need to educate you if you're not curious. Anyway, I'm going to have a ball regardless (I'm not planning to have a bad time - come on now!), and the next time you guys are up for ED, I guarantee you'll do your very best to get down to the bottom of this as I have here, or, maybe not.

Last edited by dbs600; 09-28-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Love the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 Convertible
My last ED was pre-Welt. Very much looking forward to seeing the Welt in Novemeber. But...

The "fire department" excuse for not filling the tanks sounds suspicious (how many German parking garages have offices and malls on top of them? They are filled with cars that are filled with gas). If BMW really wanted to give you a free tank of gas but couldn't due to some fire department regulation, they'd hand out coupons for the closest gas station to the Welt.

Quote:
With VIP delivery (not available to BMW NA customers), you do get a full tank of fuel. The BMW Welt was limited by the fire dept. as to how many new cars could be in the building with a full tank and that number was, I believe, 5 or 6 at any one time.

Current Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible
Silverstone/Fox Red. DCT, ZCV, ZCW, ZP2, EDC, 19", Premium Sound and Satellite Radio

Coming Soon:
2000 E38 740iL

Recent Former BMWs:
2008 E60 535xi (via European Delivery)
ED Trip Report Link
2003½
E46 M3 6-Speed
2004 E53 X5

BMWCCA Member since 2002

Last edited by cvb; 09-28-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 AM

Mein Auto: E60 M5,
Quote:
Some good words, Pinmagic, but you have it wrong - not to mention everyone else does as well. Simply put: not once have I felt entitled in life. And, no, I'm not Katy Perry or whoever that is from the prior link. Everyone is just a bit hung up on the "VIP" name of this delivery type. It is NOT for VIP's, but for people who want something more, above and beyond (isn't that why so many of you have gone on European Delivery in the first place anyway; something more than the common delivery of your car in the states?). This is about a level of service that is POSSIBLE and can be paid for and I wanted to know if anyone here knew about getting it for the US Market (FOR A FEE or whatever the case may be) - whether there was someone special to ask, etc. Overall, once I understood that no one knows here, I should've just been on my way, instead of playing to all the hate; no need to educate you if you're not curious. Anyway, I'm going to have a ball regardless (I'm not planning to have a bad time - come on now!), and the next time you guys are up for ED, I guarantee you'll do your very best to get down to the bottom of this as I have here, or, maybe not.
If amenities are what you require then you should have done an S Class Mercedes Benz, you would have been given a voucher from the airport to a 5 star hotel where MB would have picked up the tab for the night. Then the next day you would have also recieved a voucher for the taxi ride to the delivery center in Boblingen, where you would have recieved the MB equal of the premium lounge food available, and your car would have been delivered with a full tank of gas. Oh unfortuneately that is the standard MB delivery package for all cars. Maybe there is an enhanced program but I have not experienced it in all my deliveries, and last time they recognized me as a returning customer.

As for the tours offered by the two companies MB beats BMW by a country mile.

M DREI und M FUNF at ElkHart Lake

Current Fleet
14 Audi S4 - Sons daily driver
13 C63 AMG. Coupe Devlpmnt Pkg 12 Sept. ED Delivery
12 K1600 GT One Lap of America-Sold
11 X5d (X Funf) ? PDC Delivery
10 C300 4Matic ED Delivery
05 E500 4Matic ED Delivery
01 M3 (M DREI) Sunny Sunday Service
01 Honda RC51 Sons Bike
99 Ducati ST 2 My Bike
95 Suburban 2500 Heavy Duty Mule
67 Mini Cooper S Just Makes You Grin
60 Triumph TR 3 - X 2

Last edited by M FUNF; 09-28-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by M FUNF View Post
As for the tours offered by the two companies MB beats BMW by a country mile.
I found the BMW Dingolfing tour to be much better than the Benz Sindelfingen or Porsche Stuttgart tours. The Audi Ingolstadt tour is worse. The BMW Munich likely isn't that good either. Rule of thumb - the closer you can get, and the smaller the tour group, the better the tour. But - any tour is better than no tour.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454
Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 135i Convertible
Fair enough,dbs - it was definitely a good question to ask. I think you just came across as a little - ahem - strident. But if there is another level of service available, it'd be nice to know. Personally, I think it's just like everything else in life - there's 1 level of service for us peons, and another for the celebs.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going to have a ball regardless (I'm not planning to have a bad time - come on now!)
Well, that's all that matters.

BTW: When I went, the factory was closed for August break. I knew that going in, so I made it a point to head to the VW Glass Building factory in Dresden for a tour. They make the Phaetons there. (Those things sell for up to $180K! )

That was a pretty cool tour - I recommend it, if you're in the area.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Quote:
This is about a level of service that is POSSIBLE and can be paid for and I wanted to know if anyone here knew about getting it for the US Market (FOR A FEE or whatever the case may be) - whether there was someone special to ask, etc. Overall, once I understood that no one knows here, I should've just been on my way,
I thought my post regarding its (lack of) availability from BMW NA was clear, no?

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Per BMW NA, there is no super deluxe, top secret VIP Delivery program for U.S. customers. The program may be available in other markets but it is not a U.S. option.
Quote:
I thought my post regarding its (lack of) availability from BMW NA was clear, no?
Yes, it was, thank you, but in light of what you said earlier...

Quote:
As far as I know, BMW decided not to go the VIP route. I'm not sure if the VIP lounge was ever finished actually. I didn't even ask about it on my last two visits but I was told earlier that BMW had decided against a VIP program.
...did you reach out to and get certain confirmation from a contact of yours at BMW, as you seemed to originally believe the program was not available?

I did follow up with this...

Quote:
Yes, it is available for other markets (Germany), but why not the US? Why not give US customers the ability to spend more for VIP Delivery?
...but I also felt compelled to respond to this...

Quote:
I guess the point is, you are not, a VeryIP, if you have to pay for it. VIP status is usually conferred rather not purchased.
...which resulted in the past 10+ posts.

Alright, I have now spent, and wasted, a bit too much of my time here. Case closed.

Thanks for everyones help!

Last edited by dbs600; 09-28-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: E60 M5,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I found the BMW Dingolfing tour to be much better than the Benz Sindelfingen or Porsche Stuttgart tours. The Audi Ingolstadt tour is worse. The BMW Munich likely isn't that good either. Rule of thumb - the closer you can get, and the smaller the tour group, the better the tour. But - any tour is better than no tour.
I was not referring to the factory tours which I felt were about equal, I was referring to the 5 day tour packages offered by each manufacturer. MB is a much better deal financially.

M DREI und M FUNF at ElkHart Lake

Current Fleet
14 Audi S4 - Sons daily driver
13 C63 AMG. Coupe Devlpmnt Pkg 12 Sept. ED Delivery
12 K1600 GT One Lap of America-Sold
11 X5d (X Funf) ? PDC Delivery
10 C300 4Matic ED Delivery
05 E500 4Matic ED Delivery
01 M3 (M DREI) Sunny Sunday Service
01 Honda RC51 Sons Bike
99 Ducati ST 2 My Bike
95 Suburban 2500 Heavy Duty Mule
67 Mini Cooper S Just Makes You Grin
60 Triumph TR 3 - X 2
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Having done an ED, I can confidently say that the experience can't get much more "VIP" w/out chicks and blow.

Sure, not having a full tank of gas sucks, but as I understand it (JSpira can correct me) that has more to do with fire prevention requirements, than a desire to stiff us out of $80 in gas.

Quote:
I guess the point is, you are not, a VeryIP, if you have to pay for it. VIP status is usually conferred rather not purchased.
That is probably dead on. The Welt Manager showing up for a photo op while you sign the book is more of a marketing scheme than anything else.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered Troublemaker

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
What????? No chicks and blow during delivery????? What kind of second rate joint are they running in Munich? This. Will. Not. Do.

2005 E53 X5 4.4i, Imola Red over black, Sport, Premium, Cold, Hybrid Audio Technology Imagine 6.5's

2011 E90 M3, Melbourne Red Metallic, Fox Red/Black, 6-speed, Premium 2, Heated seats, iPod/USB, Technic harness, JL 6/600