Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:41 PM

Mein Auto: 550xi
Went to production

I was given a production number today for my 550xi. I am hoping things progress quickly, but was told probably late November or December. What has been the general trend to go from "on order" to production? Any insight is apreciated.
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550xEYE View Post
I was given a production number today for my 550xi. I am hoping things progress quickly, but was told probably late November or December. What has been the general trend to go from "on order" to production? Any insight is apreciated.
The production number does not mean much. The key is the scheduled production week.
Ask your dealer to tell you the production week for your 550xi.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:29 AM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
i must be right in front of you. My car was in the paint shop early last week. I'm assuming it's finished being built. Now comes the hard part, the wait and wait and wait and wait...
Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550xEYE View Post
I ordered my 535i on 7/24 (Saturday) and it went to production status on 7/26 (Monday). It happened so fast I couldn't add the iPod/USB option that I contemplated over that weekend. My dealer changed an order already in place to my specs and it moved immediately from 112 to 150 status. It all depends on your dealer allocation slots and if there is anything "limiting" about your order, like the first X drives for example. They weren't built until a certain date.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i xDrive
same happened here :-x I placed an order on 9/25 (sat) and it went into production 150 status on 9/27 (Mon)...I thought of adding Head up display (HUD) and they said its too late !
Old 09-29-2010, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i xDrive
One clarification. I placed my order on 9/25-Saturday and y'day (9/28) I wanted to add teh HUD (head up display) and called my dealer and he said he can't do anything as its in production (status 150). Now I just checked on bmwusa.com by using the production number he gave, but it only shows as "On Order" under Start !!! so is the dealer lying to prevent more changes coming onto the vehicle (note I already have some issues the way he dealt my order with out disclosing the MACO and advertising fees !!).

I am attaching a snapshot of the image from the bmwusa.com on my order (and also the order shows up incorrectly as well !)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	track.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	248186  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Mr. Magic

Mein Auto: 2001 330i and 2011 535i
The bmwusa website is notoriously lagging the real status, and also the features are usually not accurate. I went through this process last June/July. bmwusa website still says my car is at the preparation center, and I picked up last July. Ignore bmwusa website, and if you really want the HUD, see if they can grab another car before status 150. I can't see why they wouldn't accommodate you especially when you add pricey features.