Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Blitz355
Mein Auto: E36 4/5, Prev E30
i think you are all stupid :P
Those spacers look mad scary, that bay is mad dirty, and you are freaking scary looking hahaha.

BTW why are you worried about the oil pan if you are running stock suspension? Does the pan lay that low that even stock ride height is iffy?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
dream chasin'

Send a message via AIM to anstead610
Mein Auto: 24v e30 -88 toyota pickup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz355 View Post
i think you are all stupid :P
Those spacers look mad scary, that bay is mad dirty, and you are freaking scary looking hahaha.

BTW why are you worried about the oil pan if you are running stock suspension? Does the pan lay that low that even stock ride height is iffy?
Did you read anything in this thread? I think it was said more than once that I have coilovers and I wasn't going to install them again until after winter. Do you see my sig?, do you think I will own a stock ride height car ever?

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Nope, only read the first page
my bad. After the first page it sounded like it was just going back and forth. You car looks sick btw, some nice fitment there.

edit: I only read like half of the first page haha. I was getting pissed about reading about a welded oil pan.

Last edited by Blitz355; 10-17-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Nope, only read the first page
my bad. After the first page it sounded like it was just going back and forth. You car looks sick btw, some nice fitment there.

edit: I only read like half of the first page haha. I was getting pissed about reading about a welded oil pan.
Blue car is now stripped. Black one in the pictures is what I am going to be driving as soon as the exhaust is done.

The "scary" looking person you're referring to, is fcsteve, my picture is not posted. I didn't take a self portrait for the forum.

This e30 is now being parted out. NO body panels are for sale, bumpers/fenders/hood/mirrors/valance or front turn signals. Everything else is up for grabs. Euro grills/cluster are sold, suspension/brakes/LSD/rear tails are already spoken for.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 PM

^Gotcha. Sorry for calling you scary. Fcsteve, you are scary stay away from me :P.
Do Work, get that exhaust done.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
^Gotcha. Sorry for calling you scary. Fcsteve, you are scary stay away from me :P.
Do Work, get that exhaust done.
The welder I bought can't weld stainless steel. I bought it and never saw anywhere that it couldn't weld stainless. I was on the website a week ago looking at it to get more specs for the outlet I need to plug it in. Said "cannot weld aluminum or stainless steel", which was changed AFTER I bought the welder. I paid 200 for it and selling it for 100. Wednesday I take my car to the exhaust shop and they're going to fab up my exhaust to my spec and put it up.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:40 PM

ah. Try and get the company to help you out. Thats bull.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to bimmeupscottiee
Mein Auto: 1987 325is
Why cant it weld stainless? If it is a MIG and will weld steel you should be able to switch to stainless wire and weld.

"I knew a guy who bought a used car through a newspaper. Ten years later...bam...Herpes."
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmeupscottiee View Post
Why cant it weld stainless? If it is a MIG and will weld steel you should be able to switch to stainless wire and weld.
It's a mig welder and can weld "mild steel". It's alright, I am paying an exhaust shop 300 to do all the work. Worth it to me because I work monday through friday at 7 AM til 3 PM so I don't have the time except on the weekends, and at that rate it will never get done.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Mein Auto: 1988 325e
^ I know and hate that feeling. Knowing you can only work on your car on the weekends for a few hours blows. Even worse when you are in the middle of a big job you can't put the car back together because something went wrong.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyw1se View Post
^ I know and hate that feeling. Knowing you can only work on your car on the weekends for a few hours blows. Even worse when you are in the middle of a big job you can't put the car back together because something went wrong.
That's how my whole swap went. I would get **** ready to get dropped in and things would go wrong. I ordered an aluminum thermostat housing(which I paid more for) and they sent me a composite one. I called and told them I wanted my aluminum one I paid for. The guy said "I was a BMW tech for 15 years, the composite housing is much better quality than the aluminum" and I said "i've heard about them cracking and breaking". He replied with "I have put so many on these motors when I was a BMW tech, never had an issue". I told him i'll take his word for it, went out and fcsteve torqued it to spec, what do you know, it cracked.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: Ducati 916
^^ Have you considered the possibility that steve is just freakishly strong?

And I'd take pics of the cracked housing, and send the pics to the ********* that sold it to you.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
^^ Have you considered the possibility that steve is just freakishly strong?

And I'd take pics of the cracked housing, and send the pics to the ********* that sold it to you.
He said send it back for a refund, I am just too lazy to send it back.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
BMW...riceless

no matter how uber-strong steve is...torque spec is torque spec...
Old 10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eieio4tn View Post
no matter how uber-strong steve is...torque spec is torque spec...
It honestly didn't even get to torque spec before it cracked.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
BMW...riceless

kidney looks kewl...i know white isn't the favorite color of some, but i am thinking of just smoking all lenses and windows, then blacken kidney. know of any pics of an alpine white done that way...want to see if it will look good.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eieio4tn View Post
kidney looks kewl...i know white isn't the favorite color of some, but i am thinking of just smoking all lenses and windows, then blacken kidney. know of any pics of an alpine white done that way...want to see if it will look good.
Tinted windows on an e30 doesn't look good. Very few made it look decent, and it was on black e30s with light tint.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 AM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
liek mine! except you dont like my style haha.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 AM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by anstead610 View Post
Tinted windows on an e30 doesn't look good. Very few made it look decent, and it was on black e30s with light tint.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by markseven View Post

Old 10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
dream chasin'

car is in the exhaust shop right now getting the exhaust put on. it looks pretty ****ty and not worth the 300 im paying for all of this.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Why didnt you get it done where steve got his done?

"I knew a guy who bought a used car through a newspaper. Ten years later...bam...Herpes."
Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 PM
dream chasin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmeupscottiee View Post
Why didnt you get it done where steve got his done?
Steve drove to his moms boyfriends shop every time he wanted a weld. If I wanted to do that I would pay his shop and drive 20-25 minutes to the shop everytime I wanted a weld. Steve has far more time and patience than I do to do every cut. I work monday through friday at 7AM.

I would have had the car back today, but the guy called me about 20 minutes ago and said his welder blew up. So now I will have it back tomorrow around 3:30-4:00.

EDIT: while he was under there he noticed the guibo's 2 out of 3 nuts were loose. 1 was gone. How in hell that happens is beyond me. I tightened them pretty damn good when I put the driveshaft on.

Last edited by anstead610; 10-20-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
610EUROs

Mein Auto: 90' 24v, 89' 325is
i cut and lined mine up by myself, and just brought it down to my moms to have welded. he asked my mom and her bf, they kind of blew it off like they just didnt want to do it

anstead just wanted to pay to have it done rather then doing it himself and having it welded by a shop. because of that i hear it looks like crap

if you want something done right .. do it yourself.

build: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=382667
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsteve View Post
if you want something done right .. do it yourself.
I agree with this. But he aslo has a point working everyday makes it harder to do stuff like that.

Closed Thread