Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-30-2010, 05:50 AM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
Didn't make the ship :(

I got up bright and early this morning, ran to my pc, went to the track and trace web site, put my numbers in.....no record. I guess I have to wait till for next ship on the 6th.

So much for sold cars having a priority.

FPNY is sad

Last edited by FPNY; 09-30-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPNY View Post
I got up bright and early this morning, ran to my pc, went to the track and trace web site, put my numbers in.....no record. I guess I have to wait till for next ship on the 6th.

So much for sold cars having a priority.

FPNY is sad
Not sure whether I did it correctly, but I NEVER found a record for my car. I finally found it on the BMW website stating that it was at the destination port. Your car might be on the "high seas".
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 AM
um, i dunno

i can only hope that this is the case...maybe there is no record and it's on its way....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 5.0
I'm guessing you went to the W&W web site for tracking. It's possible that it may go on a different carrier. The port of entry for my dealer is Brunswick GA, I was watching the W&W schedule between Bremerhaven and Brunswick and went through the same dissapointment you're feeling when I watched 2 ships leave and no record of my car on either of them.

It was right after that I got an update from my dealer saying my car was on a K-Line ship and was going directly to Brunswick.

Don't fret, it may be in transit, give your CA a call and see if it made a different ship.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335ci
According to my CA my car is "on the water" and due in Baltimore on 10/4. If it's on a WWL ship, that would be the Patriot. But my tracking attempts at their site continues to return "No records found". It may be on a different carrier.

So I agree, don't give up hope!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 AM
um, i dunno

My salesman says he called the port and they are loading cars when he spoke with them. I don't know what that means, but as of this moment, it's not on a ship. I cant figure out how they load all those cars on in one day at port, it must be quite an operation...
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPNY View Post
My salesman says he called the port and they are loading cars when he spoke with them. I don't know what that means, but as of this moment, it's not on a ship. I cant figure out how they load all those cars on in one day at port, it must be quite an operation...
I'm going to be a little skeptical on that one. . . . . . . . based on the time of your posting it's almost 8:30PM in Bremerhaven, while the ship yard may be loading calls I'm not sure they'd have someone in the office answering phones.

I hope he's right.