Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-13-2010, 07:16 PM
It stings the nostrils!

Mein Auto: LRP Edition M3 and 328i
Can I Sue?

After 2 months of M3 ownership, I have concluded that my cup holders are too small and are severely inadequate for holding my morning drink of choice - a large dunkin' donuts iced coffee. Just this morning, as I was pulling my ridiculously low riding M3 out of the elevated dunkin' donuts parking lot exit, my coffee almost spilled on my new novillo leather seats. Luckily I caught it in time, but I have been thinking about the incident ever since and become overcome with mental anguish.

I would like to put together a class action lawsuit, but in addition to my inadequate cup holder claim, I would like to add other claims against the evil corporate giant that is BMW.

Does anyone have any ideas about what else we could sue for?
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Mein Auto: 328i Coupe
Let's add to the suit that these BMW's make you want to speed all the time on the highway which always end in a costly ticket by the cops.

ZPP,ZSP
Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Coupe4me View Post
Let's add to the suit that these BMW's make you want to speed all the time on the highway which always end in a costly ticket by the cops.
Ill second that, I never want to but I always am, it never happens when I drive my truck. Coincidence? I think not, it is the cars fault. I would also add that because the car is fast it makes me want to accelerate quickly which eats away tires, and because they use performance tires they are expensive and not readily replaced which in is very dangerous. In essence BMW makes me drive around with tires that are too dangerous to operate with.

2009 335i Sedan| Space Gray Metallic | Black Dakota | Aluminum | Premium | Sport | Cold Weather | Steptronic | Paddle Shifters | iDrive/Navigation | Comfort Access | Parking Distance | iPod | Sat Radio | JB3 | Dual Cones
Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoven View Post
After 2 months of M3 ownership, I have concluded that my cup holders are too small and are severely inadequate for holding my morning drink of choice - a large dunkin' donuts iced coffee. Just this morning, as I was pulling my ridiculously low riding M3 out of the elevated dunkin' donuts parking lot exit, my coffee almost spilled on my new novillo leather seats. Luckily I caught it in time, but I have been thinking about the incident ever since and become overcome with mental anguish.

I would like to put together a class action lawsuit, but in addition to my inadequate cup holder claim, I would like to add other claims against the evil corporate giant that is BMW.

I think you should sue Infiniti instead. If they had done a better job of convincing you to buy a G37, you wouldn't be having this problem with the BMW cup holders. Therefore, it is totally Nissan's fault.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
While you're at it, why not add Dunkin Donuts to the list for exercising gross negligence in its failure to design a cup that adequately fits in your cup holder with less risk of unintended spilliage.
PCD 12/21/2010: 2011 335i Coupe 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic | Saddle Brown Dakota | Premium Pkg | M Sport Pkg | Harman Kardon | Navigation | iPod/USB | Sirius | Smartphone Integration | Heated Seats | Comfort Access
Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 E92; '07Lexus GS350
The standard sound system which makes that in a Kia Rio sound like Lincoln Center!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Perhaps you could sue for child support for the unintentional impregnation of a lady friend resulting from her heightened attraction to you because of the type of car you drive.
PCD 12/21/2010: 2011 335i Coupe 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic | Saddle Brown Dakota | Premium Pkg | M Sport Pkg | Harman Kardon | Navigation | iPod/USB | Sirius | Smartphone Integration | Heated Seats | Comfort Access
Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Just a 328i

Send a message via AIM to SYN ACK
Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:

Reading this post gives me mental anguish, and now I'm confused on whether I should sue you, BMW, Dunkin Donuts, or the parking lot pavers.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Omnes rationi moderatum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Mood Altering Substance Addiction. It's blatant evilness investing money into things like the JOY ad campaign to lure unsuspecting people into the addiction.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 10-13-2010, 10:24 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
why not sue Dunkin Donuts for making the cup too large?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 AM

Mein Auto: '07 328xiT
I would like to sue for eliminating the smoker's package. Even though I don't smoke, I use the lighter receptacle to power my GPS. This will force me to spend thousands extra for the navigation system when I get my next car.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Don't Judge Me!

Send a message via Yahoo to GiaGiaJa
Mein Auto: Sedan 328i iDrive AT
I think next morning you should put that cup in between your legs(top off..of coz), spilled your coffee and let it burned..."part" of the body.
More sentimental that way

Ohhhhh.... The ultimate attraction
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein
Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Audi-Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
Anything is possible. If a fat woman can sue McDonalds for being fat and win, why not?

Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]
Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: assorted awesomeness
Well, did a person you found attractive seem disinterested in you and your car? You could claim that the entire reason you bought it is because of the stories that it will make you irresistible.

Or you could sue because the suspension is built and tuned in such a way that you seek out twisty back roads or even go for a drive just to go, rather than simply commuting on the freeway. Thus, you have used more gasoline while creating increased wear on your brakes, tires and car, all while losing valuable time that could have been spent working on more graphically-intense Power Point presentations or contemplating the psychological makeup of porcupines.

Or you could sue BMW for providing seating options that can be stained by iced coffee, or Duncan for selling a tasty liquid substance with a tendency to stain and allowing people to drive off with large containers of said substance, knowing full that a spill is quite possible.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 AM

Mein Auto: 5
You should put the cup of iced coffee between your legs, then sue Dunkin Donuts for "shrinkage."
Old 10-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Don't "Sue"!

DSX is "Sue" at the weekend and Wednesday evenings.

Find another name..."///Margaret"?
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Convertible
First, you must make it a class action suit to extract maximum dollars for minimum gain to the offended party (you).

Second, you don't want to leave anybody out, BMW, Dunkin Donuts, the cup manufacturer, even the Columbian's who got you hooked on that evil coffee.

Third, make sure that everyone realizes the emotional component of having to drive a car that sits too low, goes too fast, uses too much fuel and attracts attention when people hear it's exhaust.

I'm not sure how you are even able to write about it, but there is going to have be some therapy. Maybe that cute Kia with the gerbils.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Just a 328i

Send a message via AIM to SYN ACK
Mein Auto: 328i
Now I have decided to sue McLoven for abandoning his own thread. Great way to stir the pot and bail on us.. you bum!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E91 328xiT
Maybe your ridgeback can sue you for alienation of affection since his picture used to be the large picture in your signature and now is just your tiny avatar - obviously showing you love your new car more than your dog...
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 AM
It stings the nostrils!

Wait - no one wants to sue me for the insult of carrying around a sloppy iced coffee drink in a precision german automobile?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
Don't "Sue"!

DSX is "Sue" at the weekend and Wednesday evenings.

Find another name..."///Margaret"?
I'm 'sewing' you, M-rated, for alienation of affliction.

I've been to Germany many times, my wife's maternal grandparents are from Bavaria. The closest thing I have ever seen to a Dunkin Donuts in Deutschland is an apfelkuchen shop in Donauworth. Clearly they have no experience with our 64 oz Big Gulps and Iced Coffees. In fact, I think that if you drink anything in a car in Germany they figure you must be either a gastarbeiter or an American tourist. Same class.

Making a case against them using "knew, or should have known" will be difficult. Oviously they do no research on the American market, as evidenced by the fact that our BMWs won't operate for more than two weeks without coughing up a fuel pump or injector poisoned by ersatz gasoline.

This will be a tough case but it should be pursued anyway because this is America, and this is what we do!

(Aside to M-r: You recently posted that you were seeing a "girl". Pics or it didn't happen. And don't try any of that Photoshop cut and paste crap with me, I know how that works.)
Old 10-14-2010, 06:28 AM
It stings the nostrils!

This morning the snowflake indicator came on, and the idrive notification was so loud that it almost made me swerve into oncoming traffic. I could have been killed because of that stupid "gong" noise. Can I sue for that?

How about the HPFP - wait, the M3 doesn't have that. Its has software though - and surly the software configuration must limiting performance in some way! Can I sue?
Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 AM
It stings the nostrils!

MR + DSX =
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E91 328xiT
Quote:
MR + DSX =
But wait...he's suing you for alienation of "affliction" - does that mean he thinks he has an affliction of some sort - maybe he doesn't want that big sloppy kiss your smiley is laying on his smiley...

Last edited by renaultf1; 10-14-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:03 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
as I was pulling my ridiculously low riding M3 out of the elevated dunkin' donuts parking lot exit,
You should sue BMW form aking a ridiculously low riding M3....Then sue the parking lot maker for not configuring the parking lot ramps to your ridiculously low riding M3. I am going to sue every city in the world for making ridiculously high curbs which graze the lower portions of my car, and sue the companies that maknig the 8 inch parking barriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Coupe4me View Post
I also think we should sue the cops for stopping us and causing us mental anguish. Sue them for also being on the road because just their presents gives me migraines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
I think you should sue Infiniti instead. If they had done a better job of convincing you to buy a G37, you wouldn't be having this problem with the BMW cup holders. Therefore, it is totally Nissan's fault.
I sued Hyandai for making a silly Accent. The unsightliness of it makes me cry. The tears get on my stearing wheel.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.