Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
how is BMW Performance Chip ? does it work?

hi guys, any recommendation on which computer chip is the best and does it really increase ur horsepower by 30-60? i currently own a 2010 326~~
Ads by Google
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Become the Bull

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
All "chips" are basically ECU tunings. Depending on the type/company this is accomplish in 1 of 2 ways. One is by literally plugging into the ECU and re-mapping the ECU, changing turbo psi, shifting, etc. The second way this is accomplished is done through a "piggy back" system. A second computer unit is plugged into the ECU (placed in its container) and it changes the codding while the car is operating. These types of system sometimes throw off error codes that can be a pain in the a$$.

BMW performance chip produces modest gains. For the power output....it's way overpriced. The thing it has going for it is that it will definitely NOT void your warranty as it is a BMW product.

There are lots of other tunes out there that produce a much better power output for a cheaper/equivalent price. However, these tunes can potentially void your warranty. You'll get a total divide from members here on the validity of that statement. Some will be all "yo man, don't worry about it. i take my system out every time i go for an oil change and they can't tell!!" others will be like, "dude, don't do it!!! once codes are thrown off those sleuth SA's can tell and they'll void you ENTIRE WARRANTY!!!" There are companies out there that back their tunes up with their own warranty (DINAN), they guarantee that is their system causes any type of problem, they fix it.

Look at some of the sponsors here, they sell most of the majors tunes; DINAN, JB3, OE Tuning , Active Autowerke, Vishnu, just to name a few.

2009 335i Coupe - Delivered 7/23/2009
Old 10-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyskyisme View Post
hi guys, any recommendation on which computer chip is the best and does it really increase ur horsepower by 30-60? i currently own a 2010 326~~
This increase is generated by changing the boost pressure of a turbo in 335. There is not a lot you can do with 325. You could get a Sprint Booster which will make the car feel quicker due to a faster throttle response, but won't add power. Otherwise, you need a different car...trade up for a used Mustang GT or Subaru STI
Also available in Alpine White...