Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Bigger trunk

I just wanted to start a separate thread seeing if others agree with me that the larger trunk is stupid.

They should have put every extra inch in the back seat? Why?

Since front seats can move back, giving the 4 inches to the back seat also gives the ability to have the 4 inches be used in the front or back.

Extra trunk space? Why? The trunk space was perfect. Whenever more is needed, folding the seats down and using the cargo net helps.

If they couldn't decide, they should have made seat backs that can be moved ...one other car maker does that.

What do you guys think? lol
Ads by Google
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 2009 AT
The current X3 has a very nice interior layout. It has very good use of space and feels spacious. The boxy back end makes the back tall - I don't know if the new X3 has lost that advantage.

Trunk space is important as too many SUVs are headed towards being hatchbacks which are pretty useless for hauling stuff around. Good point of differentiation in a utilitarian car.

They aren't trying to put a third row of tiny seats back there are they? I saw a set in an X5.

If an SUV doesn't have significant trunk space, I would rather go with a better-riding sedan that has back seats that flip down to access the trunk for long items.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPXYZ View Post
The current X3 has a very nice interior layout. It has very good use of space and feels spacious. The boxy back end makes the back tall - I don't know if the new X3 has lost that advantage.

Trunk space is important as too many SUVs are headed towards being hatchbacks which are pretty useless for hauling stuff around. Good point of differentiation in a utilitarian car.

They aren't trying to put a third row of tiny seats back there are they? I saw a set in an X5.

If an SUV doesn't have significant trunk space, I would rather go with a better-riding sedan that has back seats that flip down to access the trunk for long items.
I think the current model has just the right amount to trunk space. Unless you hall things for a living, it is cool. In addition it is a huge amount of space with the seats folded down and the cargo net up.

It's not a big deal. I didn't want them to make it smaller but I think it would have been wise to give every single inch of the 3 and 1/2 inc expansion to back seat legroom...particularly because the front seats can be pushed back. This means the owner has a choice of using it in the front or back.