Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series

5 Series
Ask questions and discuss the 5 Series here. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
1999 528i head rest adjustment

hey guys,

i must be hella dumb or something but i just couldn't bring up nor down the head rest down at all on my 1999 528i.

is there any special button or some knob that i need to push or pull in order for me to move up or down the head rest?

please advise!
thanks

ps. yes! i've already read the owners' manual and it doesn't really say how to adjust the head rest...
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2004, 06:11 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by waapples
hey guys,

i must be hella dumb or something but i just couldn't bring up nor down the head rest down at all on my 1999 528i.

is there any special button or some knob that i need to push or pull in order for me to move up or down the head rest?

please advise!
thanks

ps. yes! i've already read the owners' manual and it doesn't really say how to adjust the head rest...
Power adjustable. It's the same button you use to tilt the seat backrest. Push it up or down to adjust the headrest.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 01-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
Power adjustable. It's the same button you use to tilt the seat backrest. Push it up or down to adjust the headrest.

ah ha~~~

man, hopefully i didn't break the mechanism of the headrest, because i was pushing it down hard last night! arg!!!!

i'll play the trick when i get off in about 5mins

thanks!