Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35i
Build Your Own Option is Up!!!

It's finally available to US buyers under the X3 link.
Ads by Google
Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Thanks! Finally -- I have been checking several times per day.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Still a bit glitchy and I don't understand how one can order the HUD without sat nav.........huh?

I generally don't like packaging options (a la carte is better, more flexible) but thesedays, most of the option schemes are determined by feedback from dealers who order for the dealer lot. Could be worse, I suppose. I am pleased with the flexibility of being able to order sport seats in leatherette, and surprisingly, the packaging kind of makes sense, especially the Sport options which makes me happy. The wheel choices are nice too, although I still don't understand why BMW doesn't allow full customization like European orders. Hint BMW NA: It's a great way to make $800 or 1000 off folks who want a particular design..............

The orange reflector in the headlamps is garish, almost as awful as the earlier E90/E91 3er. But it's irrelevant to me, I'd never buy the F25 because it strays too far from the original concept of an agile, exciting-to-drive SAV. I guess that's what the E84 X1 is for, right?

Last edited by AzNMpower32; 10-28-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X3, 2008 MT X3
boy the 35i sure goes over 50k easily

still I like it. Have I mentioned I would like it better with a manual transmission? Just sayin...
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Did anyone notice that you can not have "smart phone integration" without adding navigation? I hope no smart phone integration doesn't mean no bluetooth.

(OO \ (|||) (|||) / OO)
Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Adding nav also adds leather? it doesn't say that in the detail?

Also, wood time is only available in the $3k Premium package, but the pricing sheet listed it as a stand alone $0 option???
2007 X3 3.0si

Past:
2008 328xi
2004 325xi
1997 328iS
Old 10-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Still nothing for Canada, grrrrrrrr
Old 10-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcolanto View Post
Adding nav also adds leather? it doesn't say that in the detail?

Also, wood time is only available in the $3k Premium package, but the pricing sheet listed it as a stand alone $0 option???
Nav and leather are completely separate. I think they're still working the kinks out, as the options page looks slightly diff than when I visited earlier this afternoon.

The premium trim choices (wood, real aluminium) are no-cost choices but you have to order them with premium package on the xDrive28i. On the xDrive35i, the trim choices are all no-cost choices.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Thanks

My observations

1. Interesting that the car they have been showing us all along has had the "sports package" and thus the outer trim and roof rails.
2. Intersting that if you go without the sports package that the color of the center piece of the front and real bumpers get to be color coated instead of silver color.
3. I won't get the smart phone because I'm waiting to see what the Rear Entertainment System options are and they need that space for the DVD player.
4. The Sports package is interesting. I can't decide which I like better. It might come down to whether the sport seats are more comfortable. I don't see a huge difference in the Steering wheel except it probably won't be heated. I remember before Sports SW couldn't be heated. I might just add the aluminum roof rails for $250 and call it a day. Ultimately since I'm used to looking at it with the sport features, I'll probably get it.

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-28-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM

I'm glad the the tool is finally up. I placed my order last week, so it didn't help me but now it just gives me more pictures and details to pour over. Love having the 360 degree view now. I think I'm happy with all the options I got and I'm not sure there is much I would have changed in my order now seeing the options. I do like the x-line trim on the sport package, which I did not get. Probably the only thing I'll miss getting. I'm definitely glad I got Fineline Wave trim instead of the aluminum or siena. Do not like the Siena at all with a black interior.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...b-9c7dc479fa00

Does anyone know what the smartphone integration is? I assume it's just a cradle to plug a phone into instead of having a dangling cord, but does it have any other advantages?

Last edited by Tlon; 10-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:10 PM

Oh, and the other thing that was news to me: 80gig media server!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
I'm glad the the tool is finally up. I placed my order last week, so it didn't help me but now it just gives me more pictures and details to pour over. Love having the 360 degree view now. I think I'm happy with all the options I got and I'm not sure there is much I would have changed in my order now seeing the options. I do like the x-line trim on the sport package, which I did not get. Probably the only thing I'll miss getting. I'm definitely glad I got Fineline Wave trim instead of the aluminum or siena. Do not like the Siena at all with a black interior.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...b-9c7dc479fa00

Does anyone know what the smartphone integration is? I assume it's just a cradle to plug a phone into instead of having a dangling cord, but does it have any other advantages?
You can still change your mind and add the Sports package. You have up to 6 days before they build. They won't be building American until the end of January.

If you didn't get the Sports package, you should at least add the roof rails for $250. You might need it one day to carry something, go skiing etc. It just gives more options and doesn't look bad.

The smartphone integration seems to be a cradle for charging and something to let your phone share messages with the CPU. I'd like to get it but I will get the Rear Entertainment System when it comes out and will need that space. Bluetooth is enough. It would be nice on a long trip without having to use a car charger. It is possible it might be necessary if you want your car to read e-mails but I'm not sure.

On a separate note, the MPGs on the 28i is pending but the 35i boasts 26MPG on the highway. That's impressive. The city is still only 19 though.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:21 PM

Mein Auto: 11 E93is & 11 F25 N55
Smart phone integration uses a snap in adaptor to charge the phone and extends the range of the phones antenna using the car.

I believe it is not required for the BMW Connecteddrive Mobile Office, as long as the car has the Combox controller (6VC) which comes with 609 Navigation system and 639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth. All germany built cars starting with Sept 2010 production have the Combox, but I believe the X5 was delayed until October 2010 builds.

I didn't order the smart phone integration for my 2011 335is convertible and not sure if I will for the 2011 X3 when the M sport package is available 2nd quarter 2011. However, the BMW Connecteddrive mobile office support does not depend on the smart phone integration as my build date 9/8/10 335is has the mobile office (609 + 639 yields addition of 6VC to build)

Finally, the push e-mail and SMS of the Mobile Office requires a phone that has Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile). The Blackberry Torch and Droid X has this Bluetooth profile, however, the iPhone does not. Hopefully, phone manufactures can push this Bluetooth update via a software update.

I would interested in who has ordered a 2011 US spec X3 already if the 6VC is included in the build spec. Its added by BMW NA when the order is placed with manufacturing ie AG.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubed View Post
boy the 35i sure goes over 50k easily

still I like it. Have I mentioned I would like it better with a manual transmission? Just sayin...
Have I mentioned I will like it better with a diesel? Just saying ...
Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
You can still change your mind and add the Sports package. You have up to 6 days before they build. They won't be building American until the end of January.
I'm being told by my dealer that the 28i is being built in the first week of December and the 35i in the first week of January.

Quote:
If you didn't get the Sports package, you should at least add the roof rails for $250. You might need it one day to carry something, go skiing etc. It just gives more options and doesn't look bad.
I got the roof rails, and probably will hold off on the Sports Package, though it's tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Finally, the push e-mail and SMS of the Mobile Office requires a phone that has Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile). The Blackberry Torch and Droid X has this Bluetooth profile, however, the iPhone does not. Hopefully, phone manufactures can push this Bluetooth update via a software update.
That's a bummer. I hope Apple steps up, but they've resisted this since the beginning, I think. May have to get a Droid!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I'm being told by my dealer that the 28i is being built in the first week of December and the 35i in the first week of January.

I got the roof rails, and probably will hold off on the Sports Package, though it's tempting.

Cool. Thanks for the info. So is he saying you will get your car in December (if you got the 28i)?
You know we will be asking you for pics and a full detailed review of every inch of the car followed by questions. I hope you are ready.

What color did you get?

Yeah...It's good you got rails. It probably adds value. Is it just me or are you guys feeling paranoid about driving 70 MPH with something attached to those little things? lol If something happens, they will just blame us for not fastening it properly.

And we will be waiting for the video they provide you of your car being built at the plant. lol Wouldn't it be funny if we found out it was a scam and they just have like 8 videos (one of each color) that they choose from to send to each person. lol

Do you have any info on whether they will be offering a Rear Entertainment System? That just gives the car an even more techy look.

Do you have information on the internet? Will it be a mobile hot spot and is there a monthly charge?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535ix and 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamoured View Post
Did anyone notice that you can not have "smart phone integration" without adding navigation? I hope no smart phone integration doesn't mean no bluetooth.
It does not...smart phone integration is not the same as the bluetooth capability.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 AM

So I built both vehicles exactly the same and the price difference was $3, 300. I guess it just comes down testdriving the two to notice whether you feel a difference (good or bad...since the 35i has 18 inch tires but also this turbo injected...

I wish they had tossed in something else free like heads up display ...to bring the difference to $2000.

There is a chance they could phase out the 28i in a couple of years like they did to the 2.5 E83...which would really drop the value.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
My mistake, adding the cold weather package adds leather, not nav. (also not listed in detail)

I don't want to spring for the premium package just to get wood that is no cost on the 35i...if it's free for the 35i, it should be free for the 28i, bummer!
2007 X3 3.0si

Past:
2008 328xi
2004 325xi
1997 328iS
Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for the info. So is he saying you will get your car in December (if you got the 28i)?
You know we will be asking you for pics and a full detailed review of every inch of the car followed by questions. I hope you are ready.

What color did you get?

Yeah...It's good you got rails. It probably adds value. Is it just me or are you guys feeling paranoid about driving 70 MPH with something attached to those little things? lol If something happens, they will just blame us for not fastening it properly.

And we will be waiting for the video they provide you of your car being built at the plant. lol Wouldn't it be funny if we found out it was a scam and they just have like 8 videos (one of each color) that they choose from to send to each person. lol

Do you have any info on whether they will be offering a Rear Entertainment System? That just gives the car an even more techy look.

Do you have information on the internet? Will it be a mobile hot spot and is there a monthly charge?
nMy dealership offered to order both a 28i and a 35i with the options I wanted, to see which I'd like better. The options were not all that unique, so they didn't think it'd be a problem to sell the other one. Here's what I ordered:

Jet Black
Black Leather
Premium
Technology
- Heated Seats
- Heated SW
- Power Lift
- Roof Rails
- Premium Sound
- Satellite Radio
- 40/20/40 split seats
- Fineline Wave wood

and Xenon headlights on the 28i. I think that's it.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: .
Sad to see such limited choice of interior trim... 2 awful cheap-looking wood trims and a "mandatory" aluminum trim
Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BMWX3 View Post
Still nothing for Canada, grrrrrrrr
Last week when I went for oil change, I asked the service adviser about when the new X3 is coming in, her reply was we get them here 5-6 months after they come in US. So, we should be seeing them around June 11.

(OO \ (|||) (|||) / OO)
Old 10-29-2010, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
Have I mentioned I will like it better with a diesel? Just saying ...
Or even...wait for it...a Diesel with manual transmission!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying pig.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	252384  
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
nMy dealership offered to order both a 28i and a 35i with the options I wanted, to see which I'd like better. The options were not all that unique, so they didn't think it'd be a problem to sell the other one. Here's what I ordered:

Jet Black
Black Leather
Premium
Technology
- Heated Seats
- Heated SW
- Power Lift
- Roof Rails
- Premium Sound
- Satellite Radio
- 40/20/40 split seats
- Fineline Wave wood

and Xenon headlights on the 28i. I think that's it.
So you don't know which one you are getting? You will test drive a different vehicle when it comes out and decide then?

You'll have to keep us informed. I might have to test drive both to see if it is worth the $3300 extra. I wish they could throw in some other incentive for the 35i

How about internet and Rear Entertainment System. Can you call your dealer to see if they are offering an RES?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
It's finally available to US buyers under the X3 link.
Oh yeah, what deal did you get? (if you are comfortable)