Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 10-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Tlon Tlon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Falls Church, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
Oh yeah, what deal did you get? (if you are comfortable)
No deal yet...still waiting on invoice pricing and lease rates.

Only options available, I've been told, are the ones listed on the price sheet that's circulating in the forum. I really wanted the Comfort Seats, which I have in my current X3, but they are not offering them this time around. As for Rear Seat Entertainment, a couple of iPod touches and a power adapter for two should work for my kids.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
No deal yet...still waiting on invoice pricing and lease rates.

Only options available, I've been told, are the ones listed on the price sheet that's circulating in the forum. I really wanted the Comfort Seats, which I have in my current X3, but they are not offering them this time around. As for Rear Seat Entertainment, a couple of iPod touches and a power adapter for two should work for my kids.
How can you negotiate if they have already ordered it? I guess if you said no you would just lose you deposit.

Are you planning to lease? I didn't know people could order a vehicle to lease.

I like the RES. It is just a little something extra to separate my X3 from the others. It makes the car feel techy. I know you said I-touch but as far as the I-Pad, the holders would be OK if they had a way to integrate the 2 to show the same signal

Since all the reviews I've seen have been with the 35i or 20d, I might want to see them compare the 35i and 28i. I'm starting to lean towards the 35i.

I wonder which seats are more comfortable...regular or sports. Does anyone know? I'm more about the feel than the look for seats.

What about internet? Is it a monthly charge?

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-29-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:02 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,034
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Get the sports seats, end of story. BMW used to make regular seats that were fine, and then gave up with the newer generation of models.

My 2004 X3, standard seats: pretty good. Better than average side bolsters, fatigue-free on long (3+ hour) trips. Wish I had adj. lumbar, but no loss.

2006 325i, sport seats: even better. Fly around corners, drive the thing like it's supposed to, never slide out of place. Just as great on long trips.

3er standard seats (loaners): Hang onto the steering wheel to stay in place when cornering. Didn't like the head restraint angle. Felt more like a firm sofa than a car seat.

2010 X5, base seats: Very mediocre, at best. Fiddled with lumbar and all adjustments, still never feels right. Backache for trips over an hour. No usable side support. Lear (the company in SC that supplies some of the BMW seats) should be ashamed to put these base seats into the X5.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Tlon Tlon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Falls Church, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
How can you negotiate if they have already ordered it? I guess if you said no you would just lose you deposit.
I've ordered a number of BMWs from this dealership and they've always been reasonable. Because the car is a complete unknown, I can back out of the order at any time and get my deposit back. Wouldn't have ordered it if I couldn't, but I'm hopeful it will all work out. And, yes, you can order a leased car. I've done it a few times.

Not sure about internet services for the X3 other than emailing Google maps to the car. I don't think there is any other service.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Get the sports seats, end of story. BMW used to make regular seats that were fine, and then gave up with the newer generation of models.

My 2004 X3, standard seats: pretty good. Better than average side bolsters, fatigue-free on long (3+ hour) trips. Wish I had adj. lumbar, but no loss.

2006 325i, sport seats: even better. Fly around corners, drive the thing like it's supposed to, never slide out of place. Just as great on long trips.

3er standard seats (loaners): Hang onto the steering wheel to stay in place when cornering. Didn't like the head restraint angle. Felt more like a firm sofa than a car seat.

2010 X5, base seats: Very mediocre, at best. Fiddled with lumbar and all adjustments, still never feels right. Backache for trips over an hour. No usable side support. Lear (the company in SC that supplies some of the BMW seats) should be ashamed to put these base seats into the X5.
LOL. Thanks Az. You've become a knowledgeable and dependable source.

I like the definitive answer. I didn't want to be mixed up. If they are more comfortable, great. I didn't want seats that look better but are less comfortable.

I have an 05 X3 and the seats are cool to me. I've made several long trips with no prob. It is whatever seats are included with the Premium package. As long as they are the same or better than that, I have no complaints.

What year did the poor standard seats start coming out...just curious.

I'm starting to lean towards the 35i so I hope the 18" tires are just as comfortable as the 17". I would guess they are since most of the reviews have been with the 35i or the 20d and all have praised the ride. They probably just altered the suspension to accommodate the 18.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
I've ordered a number of BMWs from this dealership and they've always been reasonable. Because the car is a complete unknown, I can back out of the order at any time and get my deposit back. Wouldn't have ordered it if I couldn't, but I'm hopeful it will all work out. And, yes, you can order a leased car. I've done it a few times.

Not sure about internet services for the X3 other than emailing Google maps to the car. I don't think there is any other service.
Oh OK...they are probably letting you do whatever you want because they know you will come back in the future.

I'm anxious to see if you get yours in December. Most have to wait until January but maybe the dealer ordered an extra floor sample for you to sell you since you are so important to them.

Next time you talk to them, if you could ask them what internet capability you will have in the car and if there is a monthly service, I'd appreciate it. You have the right to know.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Tlon Tlon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Falls Church, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
2010 X5, base seats: Very mediocre, at best. Fiddled with lumbar and all adjustments, still never feels right. Backache for trips over an hour. No usable side support. Lear (the company in SC that supplies some of the BMW seats) should be ashamed to put these base seats into the X5.
I just sat in a base 35i X5 on Wednesday and thought the seats were absolutely terrible. They looked like they had a lot less side bolster than the pics on BMWNA of the new X3 (even without the Sport package). I hope they are different.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-29-2010, 09:57 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,034
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
The good news is that US-spec X3s have the Hi-Fi speaker system as a standard upgrade, that's a big gift from BMW NA!

The actual "standard" spec is a 5-speaker system in Europe, paired with the BMW Business headunit (no iDrive).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-30-2010, 01:04 PM
maestroX2 maestroX2 is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: BMW 328i
when your X3 will be delivered ? Many dealers here told me about 3 months wait time.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
I do like the x-line trim on the sport package, which I did not get. Probably the only thing I'll miss getting.
You have to go back and add the sports package if you are getting the black.

Take a look at this video (the second half).

!

Without the sports package, you lose the silver window trim and the silver line along the bottom (plus siver front and rear).

It's too much black with no definition.

Your aluminum rails will have nothing else to match with.

It's your money...and a lot of it. They claim you can make changes up to 6 days before. They will not be mad...they will be happy you are ADDING (more money for them).

Don't have this regret for the next 7 years telling yourself affirmations that you are cool with it and perhaps it is no big deal. lol

Go for it! LOL

Last edited by X3forlife; 10-30-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Huey52 Huey52 is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
I would definitely get the Sport package just to get the better seats. Leave no desire unfulfilled (no regrets).
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-31-2010, 06:33 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey52 View Post
I would definitely get the Sport package just to get the better seats. Leave no desire unfulfilled (no regrets).
Yeah...the no regrets thing is important when you are paying so much. This is why I would get the Dynamic Dampening package. Part of it is just the shifting to different types of handling and suspenstion (which seems like a nice option to have) but the other part is an involuntary system where the car makes adjustments for comfort.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:49 AM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
AzNMpower32 AzNMpower32 is offline
Tar Heel Faithful
Location: WNC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,034
Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Another detail: there are two instrument clusters. The basis one has a smaller LCD display, the analog Energy Control dial, and comes standard. Vehicles with Professional Nav get the upgraded one with a larger LCD display and digital range and Energy control gauges, like the 5er and 7er.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 AM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Another detail: there are two instrument clusters. The basis one has a smaller LCD display, the analog Energy Control dial, and comes standard. Vehicles with Professional Nav get the upgraded one with a larger LCD display and digital range and Energy control gauges, like the 5er and 7er.
Professional Nav? Are all the US ones professional Nav? There was only one choice.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM
maestroX2 maestroX2 is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: BMW 328i
I just got called from local dealer and they could change their incoming X3 ( the ones supposedly for demo model ). So I place an order today:-

Space Gray with Premium Package ( Leather Mojave & Fineline Wave Wood Trim) , Technology Package and Xenon headlight. My wife will mainly use the vehicle so it should be fine for her. It'll be delivered middle to end of December. Perfect timing.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestroX2 View Post
I just got called from local dealer and they could change their incoming X3 ( the ones supposedly for demo model ). So I place an order today:-

Space Gray with Premium Package ( Leather Mojave & Fineline Wave Wood Trim) , Technology Package and Xenon headlight. My wife will mainly use the vehicle so it should be fine for her. It'll be delivered middle to end of December. Perfect timing.
Cool. I guess you chose the 28i. I'm too lay to check the color of Mojave.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Tlon Tlon is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Falls Church, VA
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 311
Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
You have to go back and add the sports package if you are getting the black.It's too much black with no definition. Your aluminum rails will have nothing else to match with.
I would but unfortunately my wife does not like the thicker bolsters of the sport seats. I'd be fighting that argument every day. Definitely would like the x-line trim, though.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlon View Post
I would but unfortunately my wife does not like the thicker bolsters of the sport seats. I'd be fighting that argument every day. Definitely would like the x-line trim, though.
Did you get the chance to try both seat types? Which did YOU like better. I was curious becaue I prefer comfort over looks. I was hoping the Sport seats were more comfortable. It's silly that they won't allow the Z line separately.

LOL on the spouse. I guess you have to choose your battles but you might want to find out how much she didn't like it. It may be a minor thing to her.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Huey52 Huey52 is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: X3 (in 2011)
Seat comfort is of course a very subjective 'seat of the beholder' item. I prefer bolsters that hold me centered in the seat (sport seats), so for me that is greater comfort.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
AlexK AlexK is offline
Account closed at users request
Location: .
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Vehicles with Professional Nav get the upgraded one with a larger LCD display and digital range and Energy control gauges, like the 5er and 7er.
Stop confusing people with your Euro nonsense There's only 1 Nav available in a market that is being discussed in this thread (US market), it's NOT "professional", it's not "business", it's called "Navigation System"
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
It's too bad that they are not offering high tech options in the US. For some of the foreign BMWs you see factory installed rear entertainment systems that work with the internet or display TV. They have mobile hot spots for the car etc. You would think in a country like the US, they would try to make these options available. I guess their market research has not shown it to be worth their while.

Last edited by X3forlife; 11-01-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 AM
maestroX2 maestroX2 is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Mein Auto: BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
Cool. I guess you chose the 28i. I'm too lay to check the color of Mojave.
Yeah, 28i. We want the SUV before January when my wife goes back to work from 4 months maternity leave.

with toddler and baby, we'd like to get dark leather. Black is so common. I add Convenience Package. For $900 extra from Xenon option, it gives power tailgate and few other extra.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestroX2 View Post
Yeah, 28i. We want the SUV before January when my wife goes back to work from 4 months maternity leave.

with toddler and baby, we'd like to get dark leather. Black is so common. I add Convenience Package. For $900 extra from Xenon option, it gives power tailgate and few other extra.
I looked at the Mojave...what is it? Dark brown? ...or a dark grayish brown.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM
pault pault is offline
Registered User
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 33
Mein Auto: 328xi E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
I looked at the Mojave...what is it? Dark brown? ...or a dark grayish brown.
I'd be interested in anyones opinion when then get to see the Majave in real life. I like the look from the pictures, a change from black, slightly warm, yet still resistance to stains My wife says dark grayish brown, I won't argue
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-02-2010, 05:18 PM
X3forlife X3forlife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
I'd be interested in anyones opinion when then get to see the Majave in real life. I like the look from the pictures, a change from black, slightly warm, yet still resistance to stains My wife says dark grayish brown, I won't argue
LOL...so you wife agrees with me that it looks like a dark grayish brown? lol You may qalso have meant your wife chose the color. It's different. That's for sure. I'm not into browns and tans as much as blacks and grays. Tan can be nice if it is fully done.

Last edited by X3forlife; 11-02-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms