Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-18-2015, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto:
Trunk

Whenever I open my trunk and then close it keeps telling me that my trunk is open but the trunk is close does anybody know how I can fix it
Thank you
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i M Sport
Trunk

Dealer is my guess. Bad sensor somewhere? Maybe reset the car by disconnecting the battery for 15 min?
Old 01-18-2015, 12:33 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCam550 View Post
Dealer is my guess. Bad sensor somewhere? Maybe reset the car by disconnecting the battery for 15 min?
I'm not sure that is good advice. I thought from reading other threads, that after a battery change (or disconnection), there are many items on the car that need to be reset. By disconnecting the battery, the OP may be in a worse situation than he is currently.

Sorry, but I never really understand these threads. If the car is under warranty, then take it for warranty service and have it repaired correctly. That is why you are provided a warranty.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 01-18-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550i M Sport
Ok then. Maybe you can tell the OP what "good" advice is then other than the dealer? I figured all that he may lose is his preset radio stations and he might have to pair his phone again. That's why I hate all the damn computers in cars these days. Too many things can go wrong. Love my 57 Chevy pickup. The only thing made of plastic is the distributor cap. I'd rather replace the points versus a whole electronic ignition system of something were to go wrong. If he's worried about getting "MIXED" advice then maybe he should bypass the forum and just call the dealer. I was explaining what I would do if I were in that scenario. He doesn't have to follow if he doesn't want to.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:45 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVCam550 View Post
Ok then. Maybe you can tell the OP what "good" advice is then other than the dealer? I figured all that he may lose is his preset radio stations and he might have to pair his phone again. That's why I hate all the damn computers in cars these days. Too many things can go wrong. Love my 57 Chevy pickup. The only thing made of plastic is the distributor cap. I'd rather replace the points versus a whole electronic ignition system of something were to go wrong. If he's worried about getting "MIXED" advice then maybe he should bypass the forum and just call the dealer. I was explaining what I would do if I were in that scenario. He doesn't have to follow if he doesn't want to.
I was just pointing out there could be some risk, that's all. Of course, he can choose whatever he wants to do. When I have a problem with my vehicle under warranty, I don't fool around and try to fix it myself -- I let the dealer take responsibility for any actions -- it's on them, not me.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm