Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 01-07-2004, 06:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 M3 SG/Imola/PP/Xenon
Trying to find specs on 2 older a/d/s amps...

Tried their website wih no luck. Pulled one out of my car that was in it when I got it and the other I acquired through another car purchase. Trying to design something quick for decent sound on my daily driver.

One is a PS5 2 channel amp. I wanna say it's 2x40 1x80 or something..Dont know.
and the other is a Ph15 6 ch..6x55 or somethign?? I am just gonna run a sub box and a set of fronts and possibly rears, the 6ch may be not optimal unless it can be a decent briged amp for the fronts and a sub box....

Anyone have these or know their outputs??
Old 01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
I believe a PS5 is 40x2 or 90x1, a PH15 is like 50 or 55x6, or 120x3. Remember that these are old-school so though they will sound awesome (I still have a PQ10 sitting around) they will run rather warm, and they will NOT take a 2ohm bridged load, and I really wouldn't recommend 2ohm unbridged either.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
I believe a PS5 is 40x2 or 90x1, a PH15 is like 50 or 55x6, or 120x3. Remember that these are old-school so though they will sound awesome (I still have a PQ10 sitting around) they will run rather warm, and they will NOT take a 2ohm bridged load, and I really wouldn't recommend 2ohm unbridged either.

Thanks for the reply. After a 75 minute hold..yes, 75 minutes! I got the manuals in PDF version from A/D/S tech support. Then 5 minutes after that the same guy responded to my email..DOH!! Anyways..I am now on the lookout for the Xover they had to go with it and found one one ebay. I'd rather not get into caps and stuff with this setup for the beater. So, if anyone else needs them, I now have them..lol Gonna use the 6ch to run a set of fronts in bridged moded at 100wts/spkr and a set of rears in stereo at 55wts and the ps5 for a sub amp at 90w bridged I think.

Last edited by turbo38sfi; 01-07-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
(I still have a PQ10 sitting around) they will run rather warm, and they will NOT take a 2ohm bridged load, and I really wouldn't recommend 2ohm unbridged either.
Pretty sure I've got at least one of those sitting in a box. Along with a Sony CD Changer/DAT head unit! eBay time?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw
Pretty sure I've got at least one of those sitting in a box. Along with a Sony CD Changer/DAT head unit! eBay time?

Xover in your box? With or without cables and sub controller? I'll buy it. PM me.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Raoul Duke

Mein Auto: Great Red Shark
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo38sfi
Xover in your box? With or without cables and sub controller? I'll buy it. PM me.
PQ10. I've got another a/d/s amp too, a sub controller, passive cross-overs (I think). all the cables.

It's been a long long time. I could check the model numbers, etc. and let you know. It's all been in a box since '96.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw
PQ10. I've got another a/d/s amp too, a sub controller, passive cross-overs (I think). all the cables.

It's been a long long time. I could check the model numbers, etc. and let you know. It's all been in a box since '96.
OK, cool. Lemme know. If it wasnt' going in my winter beater maxima, I wouldnt bother. But I figure I've got this crap lying around and it's better than the crackling pioneer junk in there now. 642CSi is the model Xover Im looking for that goes w/the amp.