Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: 320d
Question Compatible airbags ???

Hi,
I just wanted to know if these steering wheels have interchangable airbags ? Anyone with the knowledge ?

Thanks and here are the pics:

and

Advertisement
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Spelling Impaired

Mein Auto: '10 Mazda3 HB
Sadly no...

I believe they are different in shape. I have a steering wheel like the one on the bottom and wanted to upgrade to the M Steering Wheel. In my case it would take a new airbag which is REALLY expensive and made the mode cost prohibitive.

Are you trying the same thing?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:24 PM

Sort of....I can get both wheels quite cheap...1 without airbag (the one with multicontrol buttons) and one with an airbag...I was thinking that if they are interchangable, I could get away from buying that very expensive airbag at my dealer. Thanks for your reply...you saved me the money I was going to spend on the bottom wheel (with airbag).
Old 01-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwac
Sort of....I can get both wheels quite cheap...1 without airbag (the one with multicontrol buttons) and one with an airbag...I was thinking that if they are interchangable, I could get away from buying that very expensive airbag at my dealer. Thanks for your reply...you saved me the money I was going to spend on the bottom wheel (with airbag).
I just noticed the bottom one had no buttons. Where did that wheel come from? I thought that was the sport package wheel from the early E46's (like mine) but if I remember correctly, the SP included cruise control and steering wheel controlls (for the 323 at least). I have the buttons and had never seen that wheel without them.

Last edited by Desertnate; 01-07-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:42 PM

european models...you can get all the wheels (except the M type) with or without the buttons...
Old 01-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Spelling Impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwac
european models...you can get all the wheels (except the M type) with or without the buttons...

I didn't see where you were posting from until after my last post. I'm an idiot. I was only thinking US options.