Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 AM

Mein Auto: 1985 528e
Bad hesitation on a 528e.

Hi all,
I have been getting a bad hesitation while driving, it does not effect idle and the car never stalls. The best way for me to describe the problem is that while driving at either a constant speed or while accelerating all of a sudden it is like I take my foot off the gas. After about 1 or 2 seconds response to acceleration will return and this will go on for the entire time I am driving. Whether it is cold or hot does not seem to matter either. It has been getting worse the last few days and I am hoping that someone can help me pin point the problem. PS The problem seemed to start when I had my Catalytic converter and o2 sensor replaced.
Regards,
Lee Mullican
1985 528e 151K
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Cars
I would first go back to whomever replaced the cats and the O2 sensors. At the same time they are looking at the work they did have them replace the fuel filter.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 01-12-2004, 05:57 AM

Mein Auto: 1985 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP
I would first go back to whomever replaced the cats and the O2 sensors. At the same time they are looking at the work they did have them replace the fuel filter.

Cheers,
Bill
Thanks for responding Bill,
The fuel filter was also changed as I did not mention that in my original post. Can the primary fuel pump (in tank) cause this condition? It seems to happen when turning also.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by mremail1964
Thanks for responding Bill,
The fuel filter was also changed as I did not mention that in my original post. Can the primary fuel pump (in tank) cause this condition? It seems to happen when turning also.
Any updates Lee? What did you find out?