Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 11-01-2014, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750i F02
BMW F01 2009 transmission jerking

hey guys i need some help i have 2009 bmw 750i with 0ny 55k miles got the car with 48 the transmission would jerk only when you would be coming to a stop or turns when you slowdown then re accelerate as soon as i would press the gas i would get a thump felt like the torque converter was disengaging anyway took it to a shop they said it was mechatronics unit had it rebuild then the car started to jerk when up shifting and when i would pull up to a stop 1-2 sec after i would stop the car would jerk and my first problem did not go away. after driving the car for a few hundred miles the jerk i would get when i would pull up to a stop went away i think that was the adaptations adapting the rebuild mechatronics anyway after that the shop said i need a brand new one so we got it in everything was fine for 2 days or so then everything was back again after that i had the u joint replaced, then i was told by the bmw dealer that it needs a system upgrade and new air boxes so did that and Changed the MAF sensors spark plugs air filter after that feels like i have more power but the transmission still jerks. could it be that the mechatronics is a bad one because the car shifted better with the old one and some of the things it does now it did not do before and i also found that the crank case vent valve the hoses where so dry they where like chips and they where all broke so i replace them to the engine is so much smother now. and another thing when im driving slow the car will downshift harsh feels like its in sports mode. i had the car checked by few shops there are no codes that come up everything is fine even BMW dealer said that the car is perfect i dont get this can anyone help
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 740Li (F02)
not to scare you, but the tranmission of the 7series cannot be fixed, it must be replaced as an assembly, except for its valvebody/mechatronics. if replacing the mechatronics and reprogramming doesnt work, then prepare yourself for a $12k tranny replacement

i had mine replaced and it had no symptoms of jerking etc.... at 12,000miles.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 750i X Drive
probably not the issue but my e65 had horrible issues when downshifting, felt like you were being rear ended. Turns out after 5 trips to the dealer, numerous "fixes" that it was the guibo, whatever the f*ck that is. No problems after that.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:02 PM

well the guibo is just another name for the u goint its the thick rubber piece that goes between the trans and the drive shaft this car has 2 of them they also have one between the shaft and rear diff. i was told that this could be the issue but nothing.

if it goes down that its the trans i guess i will just have to rebuild mine its just everyone is telling me its not the trans that its some temp sensor the shop i take my cars to are saying that it could be the trans oil temp sensor or thermostat if they are bad then the trans oil pressure is going to be off and get the wrong signal to trans and the trans would not shift right but i dont think that this would cause all this that is why im here trying to see iff anyone had this
Old 11-01-2014, 07:06 PM

and sometimes when i do the throttle reset it smooths out then goes back

did anyone have problems with there torque converter?
Old 11-01-2014, 07:50 PM
2009 F02

Mein Auto: 750li, XJ8
what is the throttle reset?

2009 750Li - Space Grau Metallic, Camera pkg, Conv pkg, Driver Asst pkg, Lux Seat pkg, Lux rear seat pkg, Prem sound pkg, Sport pkg, HUD, Massaging rear seats, Smartphone integration, Sat radio, MTEC H8 4750K Halo lights
Old 11-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Isn't it best to have the dealer read any stored faults codes on your car before you reach further into your pocket? Don't do any "throttle reset" before you head there.

The faults codes might narrow down the issues.

The grocery getter
Old 11-02-2014, 04:56 AM

the dealer checked for fault codes and told me everything was good no codes
Old 11-02-2014, 05:03 AM

after that i took it to some bmw shop they only work with bmw and they could not get any codes too so im going to take it to another shop on 5th we will see what they say
if there was a fault code that came up that would make my life easy so we will see this sucks i already put out like 5k and looks like it just got worse
Old 11-02-2014, 02:47 PM

hey guys just took my car out for a drive noticed that it take my car real long to heat up even when driving the transmission jerks when cold and it stops when it heats up did anyone ever have this happen ?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnikodave View Post
the dealer checked for fault codes and told me everything was good no codes

Did you ask the shop foreman to go for a drive with you? It's not asking much if you're paying them. I bet you, he'll find something wrong. Btw, not every issue has a fault codes stored. I would insist they go for a drive with me. Pls stop wasting your money going from indy to indy. Sometimes you gotta trust the dealer.

The grocery getter
Old 11-06-2014, 03:34 PM

so i took my 750 to the shop today again the reason why i could not get a fault code is because before trying to read the codes i would turn the car off i herd when you do that the codes can clear when you restart so i left the car on for them and they found that the DME is done i herd that the e65 e66 had this issue when the DME is bad there is miss communication between the DME and trans and this would cause the jerking i guess same thing with the F01 F02 so after changing the mechatronics,the guibo this car has 2,the transmission oil filter and sealing sleeve sealing adapter, MAF senors, crank case vent valves, spark plugs, system upgrades after all this it was the DME now its perfect i thought i would need a trans i wonder did anyone have this with there car? is this common?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
so i took my 750 to the shop today again the reason why i could not get a fault code is because before trying to read the codes i would turn the car off i herd when you do that the codes can clear when you restart so i left the car on for them and they found that the DME is done i herd that the e65 e66 had this issue when the DME is bad there is miss communication between the DME and trans and this would cause the jerking i guess same thing with the F01 F02 so after changing the mechatronics,the guibo this car has 2,the transmission oil filter and sealing sleeve sealing adapter, MAF senors, crank case vent valves, spark plugs, system upgrades after all this it was the DME now its perfect i thought i would need a trans i wonder did anyone have this with there car? is this common?
The dealer replaced my DME last year at their expense cause they accidentally 'fried" it. It sucks as I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive from Germany. But then while mine was getting fixed, I drove their X3 like I stole it I was just testing it to see if my wife could upgrade her E83 to that one.

Hope the new DME solves your problem.

The grocery getter
Old 11-07-2014, 03:40 AM

did they fry it when doing they where updating the systems?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
did they fry it when doing they where updating the systems?
Since I wasn't paying for it, I didn't care to know. Sorry this might not help you. However, I don't think they purposely "fried it". I think it was an accident on the technician part. That dealer has been great to me. Can't rub salt on the wound.

But I do know that a DME can be re-program by a 3rd party shop. RPM Motorsports Canada re-program used DME to the best of my knowledge. They made 3 OEM keys for my E38 just by me sending my EWS module to them. They are pretty good too. Thought you would like to know this before you for out $$$ for a new DME.

The grocery getter