Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
The 5th generation F01/F02 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. The redesigned 7 series leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code, offering an 8 speed automatic transmission and all turbocharged engine options.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
7 years later ...

Hello everyone, I just got a CPO 2014 750i. The last 7 I had was a 2007 750Li and I loved the car. I'm back, after 7 years.

It took me a while to find the color combo and the short version. Lots of Li with black interior.

So far I love the car, everything seems great. If anything, I wish it had double laminated windows for better wind & ambient noise insulation.

First mod is a ... downgrade. I want to swap my 20" rims for 19" or 18" with non-RFT tires. I care more about the practicality than the looks. The 20s look gorgeous but they are a bit noisy and stiff. The 19s non-RFT should improve the drive dramatically.

Thank you for having me and I'm looking forward contributing to this great forum. A few pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-19 18.38.28.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	592138   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-19 18.38.37.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	592139   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-19 16.24.44.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	592140   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-19 18.34.13.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	592141  
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-21-2017, 03:57 AM
gehmjc21 gehmjc21 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upstate NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 650i x drive retired
I would buy your 20s when you find replacements!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________
2008 E92 335i - retired
2010 B8 S4 -retired
2012 F12 650i X drive-retired
2014 B8.5 S4 - retired
2014 F10 - 550i X drive M-Sport- retired

2014 F01- 750i X-drive M-Sport
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 AM
paprmkr's Avatar
paprmkr paprmkr is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oxnard, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 461
Mein Auto: 2010 BMW 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Hello everyone, I just got a CPO 2014 750i. The last 7 I had was a 2007 750Li and I loved the car. I'm back, after 7 years.

It took me a while to find the color combo and the short version. Lots of Li with black interior.

So far I love the car, everything seems great. If anything, I wish it had double laminated windows for better wind & ambient noise insulation.

First mod is a ... downgrade. I want to swap my 20" rims for 19" or 18" with non-RFT tires. I care more about the practicality than the looks. The 20s look gorgeous but they are a bit noisy and stiff. The 19s non-RFT should improve the drive dramatically.

Thank you for having me and I'm looking forward contributing to this great forum. A few pics below.
install non-RFT to 20" and should be better. those style 303 wheels are on high demand so no issues if selling to offset other set. also if the RFT tires on your car are in great shape you can also sell. i might be interested on those for my 20" prepare for the future
but i would stay with 20" non RFT
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Din's Avatar
Din Din is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,300
Mein Auto: 750LI M3 Mustang Tundra
my 22 with regular tires rode better than those 20s RF.
__________________
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42517&dateline=1452644416
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2017, 08:23 AM
dbs600 dbs600 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York, NY
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,422
Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
my 22 with regular tires rode better than those 20s RF.
This!

Get a set of these:

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06

You'll be happy!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:14 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehmjc21 View Post
I would buy your 20s when you find replacements!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sounds good, I'll hit you up when I decide to do it.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by paprmkr View Post
install non-RFT to 20" and should be better. those style 303 wheels are on high demand so no issues if selling to offset other set. also if the RFT tires on your car are in great shape you can also sell. i might be interested on those for my 20" prepare for the future
but i would stay with 20" non RFT
The 20" look amazing but wider = noisier and I'm looking for a quiet ride. Not sure what to do at this point.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
This!

Get a set of these:

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06

You'll be happy!
Do you have these? How quiet are they on a 1 to 5 scale?
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2017, 11:58 PM
lookingfor7 lookingfor7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 17
Mein Auto:
Congrats. I got a '14 750i from BH BMW too. Did you buy the CPO wrap or maintenance plan?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2017, 07:44 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfor7 View Post
Congrats. I got a '14 750i from BH BMW too. Did you buy the CPO wrap or maintenance plan?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Thank you. The maintenance plan sounds interesting but I don't know what the maintenance will amount to so I couldn't tell if it's a good deal or not. I don't intend to pay $300 for an oil change just because I bought a 7.

What about yourself?
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 AM
gehmjc21 gehmjc21 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upstate NY
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: 650i x drive retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Sounds good, I'll hit you up when I decide to do it.
Nice, thank you!
__________________
2008 E92 335i - retired
2010 B8 S4 -retired
2012 F12 650i X drive-retired
2014 B8.5 S4 - retired
2014 F10 - 550i X drive M-Sport- retired

2014 F01- 750i X-drive M-Sport
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Mr.47's Avatar
Mr.47 Mr.47 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oklahoma
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 262
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.47
Mein Auto: F02 740Li
Keep the 303 wheels just slap on some non-RFT, get a second set of wheels for winter and use the 303 as summer set don't sell them, why because any other rims just does not match the M-package unless you go with the alpina turbines wheels.
__________________


Current:
2014 BMW 740Li Dark Graphite Metallic II /Black 39k miles
Sold:
2011 BMW X5 35d Schwarz Black/Black 66k miles
1993 BMW 740iL Oxford Green/Tan 279k miles
Gone:
1985 BMW 318i Arctic White/Cornsilk 138k miles 8.15.2008

Mr.47 D.I.Y. Guide links
**E70 6hp26 transmission fluid, pan & filter change**
**E70 Rear diff fluid change**
**E70 (35d) Belt tensioner and pulley replacement**
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-23-2017, 02:52 PM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.47 View Post
Keep the 303 wheels just slap on some non-RFT, get a second set of wheels for winter and use the 303 as summer set don't sell them, why because any other rims just does not match the M-package unless you go with the alpina turbines wheels.
I appreciate the advice I live in San Diego so I can save on the winter tires

I ordered these https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...m=83YR9ADSASXL I will install during the weekend.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-25-2017, 05:51 PM
wjjklj's Avatar
wjjklj wjjklj is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
I appreciate the advice I live in San Diego so I can save on the winter tires



I ordered these https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...m=83YR9ADSASXL I will install during the weekend.


I think you would have been much happier with the Continental DWS 06. Many of us have used them. I think the Continental DWS 06 and Michelin AS3's are the two best all around All Season tires. Why the Yokohamas?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 PM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjklj View Post
I think you would have been much happier with the Continental DWS 06. Many of us have used them. I think the Continental DWS 06 and Michelin AS3's are the two best all around All Season tires. Why the Yokohamas?


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
I'm looking for the quietest tires available, and the Yokohamas were rated as the quietest for their size. I just installed them today and they are much more comfortable than the OEM Goodyear Excellence RFTs. Absolutely love the new ride!

The OEMs were almost new so I'll store them for when I'll sell the car.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-2017, 06:00 AM
wjjklj's Avatar
wjjklj wjjklj is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisville, Kentucky USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,890
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
Glad you got what you wanted. The Continentals are pretty quiet I think though. I hated the Goodyear Excellence ROF on my 750....they were very prone to sidewalk bubbles.


Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM! (Plano,TX)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,476
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Congratulations! Clean 7 indexed.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2017, 09:59 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Congratulations! Clean 7 indexed.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Bimmerfest mobile app
Thank you.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-27-2017, 12:24 PM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM! (Plano,TX)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 10,476
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
I meant to say "indeed".

Sent from my LGLS992 using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-27-2017, 11:00 PM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I meant to say "indeed".

Sent from my LGLS992 using Bimmerfest mobile app
I swear I read "indeed". If you wouldn't have brought it up I wouldn't have noticed it
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM
dshu dshu is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: St.Louis
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 179
Mein Auto: 2012 750Li Xdrive
Considering that this car came out 8 years ago, it seems to be aging very well. I think it's a combination of the LCI and the M-sport package that's doing it for me. A dark blue exterior and a caramel interior is always a favorite of mine! Congrats!
__________________

Last edited by dshu; 03-29-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-29-2017, 04:35 PM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshu View Post
Considering that this car came out 8 years ago, it seems to be aging very well. I think it's a combination of the LCI and the M-sport package that's doing it for me. A dark blue exterior and a caramel interior is always a favorite of mine! Congrats!
Thank you. I think the central console and the back-end show the car age the most but everything else is still holding together. Like you said, the M-Sport and LEDs do wonders, without these two options the car definitely looks dated.

Personally I don't care too much about the looks nor brand. I would have bought a Ford Fiesta if it gives me what I need: power & refinement. Unfortunately you don't easily find this attribute combination until you reach the 7 / S / A8 level. Maybe the new 5er can deliver, haven't driven one yet.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Mid7er Mid7er is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midatlantic USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 184
Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Hello everyone, I just got a CPO 2014 750i. The last 7 I had was a 2007 750Li and I loved the car. I'm back, after 7 years.
Like yourself, I just got a 2014 Alpina B7 SWB, fully loaded. Still have 2002 E65 that im having a hard time letting it go! Might be better to stick with 20s but replacing with non rf tires like dws06.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-16-2017, 09:20 AM
metrathon metrathon is offline
Registered User
Location: vista, ca
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 328i, 750Li, A4 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid7er View Post
Like yourself, I just got a 2014 Alpina B7 SWB, fully loaded. Still have 2002 E65 that im having a hard time letting it go! Might be better to stick with 20s but replacing with non rf tires like dws06.
Congrats, I wish I could afford a B7

I find the F01 to be so much better than the E65 in every aspect. I wouldn't have a problem letting the old model go.
__________________
Current: 2014 BMW 750i | 2015 Lexus RX 350 | 2014 Yamaha FZ-09
Gone: 2015 Lexus GS 350 | 2012 BMW 328i Sport | 2009 Audi A4 2.0T | 2007 BMW 750Li | 2001 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 530i | 2004 BMW 520i | 2003 Opel Vectra | 2002 Citroen Xsara
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Mid7er Mid7er is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Midatlantic USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 184
Mein Auto: 2002 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
Congrats, I wish I could afford a B7

I find the F01 to be so much better than the E65 in every aspect. I wouldn't have a problem letting the old model go.
Hear ya. Driving the b7 touchy. 21" tires are prone to blowouts. Im prepared to experience that. For the amount of work into old e65 recently i am not ready to let it go. Would make a good daily driver that looks nice and fun to drive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms