Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Canadian configurator is up

And the cold weather package is missing!! Hard to believe but true, first I thought it will be standard but no, heated rear seats and steering are not standard. As usual price is about 5k more than USD equivalent despite us being at parity or higher these days. The US technology package is split into two, executive and technology packages here. Leather is NOT part of premium package and yet premium package costs more. Lumbar support is not in premium package but in executive package and addidng executive package automatically adds premium too. In all, the packaging sucks north of the border in my opinion.

(OO \ (|||) (|||) / OO)
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamoured View Post
And the cold weather package is missing!! Hard to believe but true, first I thought it will be standard but no, heated rear seats and steering are not standard. As usual price is about 5k more than USD equivalent despite us being at parity or higher these days. The US technology package is split into two, executive and technology packages here. Leather is NOT part of premium package and yet premium package costs more. Lumbar support is not in premium package but in executive package and addidng executive package automatically adds premium too. In all, the packaging sucks north of the border in my opinion.
LOL. It sounds terrible. They are screwing you guys. They should give you the same deal and just raise the destination charge.

Maybe they feel you guys make more money or not enough people buy. I noticed that Europeans pay more for things too when you compare to American equivalents. Maybe the Canadian government is charging something extra (like a Tax). I don't know if it is covered under NAFTA because it is built in SC or whether it counts as a German company. I bet it is some tax to cover your universal healthcare. Maybe you have higher emission standards. Something is up.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Wow, 59 700$ the way I would like mine, lol. Good thing i'm not ready now to buy, hopfully the packages changes for 2012 MY

Edit: Just realised it has heated seats+steering with the convinience package.

Last edited by 06BMWX3; 11-09-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3forlife View Post
LOL. It sounds terrible. They are screwing you guys. They should give you the same deal and just raise the destination charge.

Maybe they feel you guys make more money or not enough people buy. I noticed that Europeans pay more for things too when you compare to American equivalents. Maybe the Canadian government is charging something extra (like a Tax). I don't know if it is covered under NAFTA because it is built in SC or whether it counts as a German company. I bet it is some tax to cover your universal healthcare. Maybe you have higher emission standards. Something is up.
It's always been like that, VW-Audi-MB........Plus, in Québec province, we have 16% taxes on top of the prices........
Old 11-09-2010, 03:49 PM

I'm gonna start doing like X3forlife, talking to myself

I really like the sports seats and the 309 that comes on the sport package. I also like the brushed aluminium trim better then the Wave brown wood trim.

Damn, I really did not like the F25 when the first pics came out, but now I LOVE it, and want one real bad. Been on the config for the last 2 hours, lol
Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BMWX3 View Post
I'm gonna start doing like X3forlife, talking to myself

I really like the sports seats and the 309 that comes on the sport package. I also like the brushed aluminium trim better then the Wave brown wood trim.

Damn, I really did not like the F25 when the first pics came out, but now I LOVE it, and want one real bad. Been on the config for the last 2 hours, lol
It's cool. lol I always assume people are reading. I read and don't always write so feel free to write as much as you like. I especially like new information. I also like thoughts and concerns ...even positive thoughts to keep me hyped.

They say it is Ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer yourself
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
It's always been like that, VW-Audi-MB........Plus, in Québec province, we have 16% taxes on top of the prices........
Wow...16% tax...that's plain nuts. As liberal as I am, I'd join the Tea Party if we started talking like that. lol

If you bought in the US with a friend's address they would find you when you register right? lol

It sounds like you want to buy a car in FL (no state taxes, US price) then somehow get it up there. The meter would favor MPH though so you'd have to read the little numbers underneath. If you are right about this 5K over plus 16% taxes that would save you about 14.5K. lol

Oh...NH has no state taxes either and it's closer to you. lol

Last edited by X3forlife; 11-09-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
M
Quote:
Wow...16% tax...that's plain nuts. As liberal as I am, I'd join the Tea Party if we started talking like that. lol

If you bought in the US with a friend's address they would find you when you register right? lol

It sounds like you want to buy a car in FL (no state taxes, US price) then somehow get it up there. The meter would favor MPH though so you'd have to read the little numbers underneath. If you are right about this 5K over plus 16% taxes that would save you about 14.5K. lol

Oh...NH has no state taxes either and it's closer to you. lol
Close enough already man. I live in Alameda County which has a 9.75% sales tax on everything, including new, used, and private party vehicle purchases. Basically 10% and it goes up regularly.

And yeah, the pricing and packaging does look like is sucks big time.

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp
// 1999 Chevy Tahoe //

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 11-09-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
M

Close enough already man. I live in Alameda County which has a 9.75% sales tax on everything, including new, used, and private party vehicle purchases. Basically 10% and it goes up regularly.

And yeah, the pricing and packaging does look like is sucks big time.

Sent from my Droid using BimmerApp
Wow...that's nuts.

We went from 5% to 6% a few years back.

I guess when I see how bad those packages and prices suck it makes me feel better about what they are offering us.

Their Sports package is just 19" tires.

If I could cut stuff out of our package, I would cut out
-comfort access
-rear manual shades
-power liftgate

I'd rather save the money but here they package them with things you like like the cargo net or Xenon headlights.

They have their Z line with their premium package.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:29 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
I wish there was sports package for 28 - the seats are so good, I'm concerned with potential HPFP problems in 35 (I have 335i and HPFP was replaced). I also wish servotronic was an option, I think it adds some artificial feeling to steering, I tried it in previous X3 and I did not like it.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankkr View Post
I wish there was sports package for 28 - the seats are so good, I'm concerned with potential HPFP problems in 35 (I have 335i and HPFP was replaced). I also wish servotronic was an option, I think it adds some artificial feeling to steering, I tried it in previous X3 and I did not like it.
In the US, there is a sports package with the 28i...but in Canada your sports package with the 35i only included the 19" wheels from what I remember. They must have had the sports seats under some other category. For example, our Z line is in sports while yours is under premium.

I hear ya on the servotronic. The best solution would be to have an on/off switch because it seems like one of those things that would take a week to decide on.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Quote:
Edit: Just realised it has heated seats+steering with the convinience package.
Sorry, but I don't see convinience package for either model. For 2.8i they offer Technology, Executive and Premium package and for 3.5i it adds dynamic comfort and sports package to previous list.

Heated "front" seats and steering are standard on both models but there is no option for heated rear seats anywhere and it doesn't say if ski passthrough and headlamp washer is standard or option or if it is available at all.

This packaging is just crazy, and shows just how out of touch with market BMW is in my opinion.

(OO \ (|||) (|||) / OO)
Old 11-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't see convinience package for either model. For 2.8i they offer Technology, Executive and Premium package and for 3.5i it adds dynamic comfort and sports package to previous list.

Heated "front" seats and steering are standard on both models but there is no option for heated rear seats anywhere and it doesn't say if ski passthrough and headlamp washer is standard or option or if it is available at all.

This packaging is just crazy, and shows just how out of touch with market BMW is in my opinion.
LOL. There is probably a BMW Canada that made the choices of what to include in the packages. I'm just so uncomfortable wit it and I feel bullied.

In addition I sort of felt that you had no permission to a la cart most items found in the packages.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:

Your right, I build it so many times, that I got confused with the packaging name

If I ever get the F25, it will be the 300hp engine for sure, HPFP proplems or not
Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 PM

And with 3 kids, I really hope they will offer rear heated seats on 2012 MY
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
Quote:
The seats are probably already installed with the heating elements. It could be as easy as buying a couple switches and connectors to hook them up. Thats the way it is for the E83.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I must say, heated seats or not, the car seems to warm up pretty quickly.

I would say within 2-3 minutes the car is warm...just my guess. That's not true with all cars.

The configurator is extremely limiting and annoying. They don't offer a facts and specs page. It makes me grateful for BMW USA.

Last edited by X3forlife; 11-10-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

BMW CA has been like this for years and I feel kind of sorry that BMW NA treats Canada like an afterthought, packaging everything for simplicity's sake and limiting flexibility. There's no reason for that because BMW manufacturing is very flexible and the system has the ability to accommodate a la carte orders.

The BMW CA configurator mirrors that of most other countries and requires Java to function well. For years I've criticised the BMW US website to the point where I don't use it anymore because it's not as informative or detailed, and lacks the microsites offered in other countries.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 e91 X-drive, 6MT
I've tried to configure X3-35i with little or no options. But i want a good stereo. I clicked the Hi-Fi option and guess what: it will cost me $6300 to have it. Comes only with bunch of stuff I don't want. Isn't it nice?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 AM

I cant find the towing capacity rate, probably still at 3500LBS ?? Anyone know?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

From the Owner's Manual

Towing Capacity for all models:

Unbraked: 750kg
Braked up to 12% gradient: 2000kg
Braked up to 12% plus increased towing capacity accessory: 2400kg
Braked up to 8%: 2000kg
Braked up to 8% plus increased tow capacity accessory: 2400kg
Permitted rear axle load: 1430kg (xDrive20d, xDrive28i), 1440kg (xDrive35i)
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Azn, that must be Euro specs, no?? Only asking, cause we usually get different towing specs in USA and Canada......
Old 11-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Quote:
Azn, that must be Euro specs, no?? Only asking, cause we usually get different towing specs in USA and Canada......
Yeah that's based on the EU system. I know the hitches are different, but I can't imagine a reason why the capacities would be too different from each other.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
For the record, it is a composed 12.87% (6.5% provincial over 6% federal IIRC).
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
For the record, it is a composed 12.87% (6.5% provincial over 6% federal IIRC).
+1% in Jan 2011

Ah bin, si c'est pas LE Saintor de guideauto (je suis Sacha si tu m'avait pas reconnu)