Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Miras

Send a message via Skype™ to Mirasgali
Mein Auto: Bmw E65
Smile Finally getting an M5 e60... Any advice?

First of all wanna say Hi to every BMW fan here at Bimmerfest! Wish you guys safe road and no tickets!!! Let me begin my story... Right now I owe E65 BMW... 2005 model... This is my first BMW ever... I got it in 2008... (Didn`t understand BMWs until 2008 at all) When I first drove it I realized a simple thing... I WAS NOT CORRECT ABOUT BMWs... It`s an awesome car!!!!!! I used to have MBs... They are nice but not my style!!!! So e65 is very reliable car i can say... The only issue i had with it is its sound system... (i guess half of the owners experienced or experiencing the same... ) Anyway i DO recommened this car!!!!!! A week ago i finally decided to get an E60 M5... So can you guys give me some advice of what should i take care of when buying it... What is more reliable: SMG or regular automatic transmission? etc... Thank you guys upfront for any help!!! Enjoy your Bimmers and God Bless YOU!!!!!!!
Ads by Google
Old 11-10-2010, 05:37 AM
E60 M5 *****

Mein Auto: E60 M5 Silverstone II
Congrats on the decision and I wish you the best of luck in your search. There are a lot of M5s out there for sale and the pricing is pretty fair for the most part.
I would recommend doing research on the web because you can find tons on information out there from other owners. Also, when you go to drive the car insist on a long spirited test drive. I spent around 40 minutes on my test drives and made sure to test the car at high speeds (around 140MPH) and on back country roads. I wanted to make sure the brakes were warmed up and so was everything else. When shopping for this type of car the sale person should understand these requests.
Another thing I highly recommend is purchasing some sort of extended warranty coverage. This should be a dealer warranty or by purchasing a CPO M5. I do not recommend 3rd party warranties because I have had issues with them in the past.
I spent the last year looking and driving M5s and CLS55s. I finally made my decision on 10/30 of this year to pick mine up

Take your time and good luck!
*SOLD*2006 BMW M5
*SOLD*2003 BMW M3 Vert
*SOLD*1999 BMW M3 Convertible (Dinan S3)
*SOLD*2001.5 Audi S4
*SOLD*2002 VW Jetta Wagon 1.8T
*SOLD*2001 Porsche Carrera 4
*SOLD*1996 BMW M3

Last edited by TMACM5; 11-10-2010 at 05:38 AM.