Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Awesome power!

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpin Weiss 335ci
Formula 1 2011 <<<<SPOILER>>>>

Her we go, ready or not...

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Oh boy. Here we go again!

I can't wait for March 2011!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 528i Sedan
Four months is a short off-season, but I'm sure there will be action on the driver front ... and maybe a few teams changing names or ownership as well.

2006 325xi / Sparkling Graphite / Terra / Walnut/ Steptronic /Premium Package - Nav / Xenons || iPod Adapter | Blacklines (retired 5-1-2014)
Old 11-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
How many days until the next GP? wonder what I'll do every second Sunday morning until then?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Old 11-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
So, Vettel is going back to Abu Dhabi next weekend, to do the tire testing with Pirelli. Webber is going on vacation.

With the way that things fell apart for Webber, is there anyone that thinks that it might be possible that Webber will NOT drive for RBR next season?

That thought crossed my mind after qualifying on Saturday.

----------------------

For some reason, Barrichello is continuing with Williams next season, but Hülkenberg has been let go. Where will he end up?

Heidfeld is also unemployed again.

Lotus Cars Ltd is buying a stake in Renault, which also allows Kubica to walk away if he wants to.

And finally, Sir Richard Branson will be donning a flight attendant uniform for Air Asia, and working a shift on a long haul flight.

----------------------

Lastly, how long will it take for franka to find this thread?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2263 View Post
How many days until the next GP? wonder what I'll do every second Sunday morning until then?
Is there a countdown timer somewhere on the web?

I wonder if anyone could write one for this thread!

Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
March
13.3. Bahrain (Sakhir)
27.3. Australia (Melbourne)

April
10.4. Malaysia (Sepang)
17.4. China (Shanghai)

May
8.5. Turkey (Istanbul)
22.5. Spain (Barcelona)
29.5. Monaco

June
12.6. Canada (Montreal)
26.6. European GP (Valencia)

July
10.7. Great Britain (Silverstone)
24.7. Germany (Nürburgring)
31.7. Hungary (Budapest)

August
28.8. Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

September
11.9. Italy (Monza)
25.9. Singapore

October
9.10. Japan (Suzuka)
16.10. South Korea (Yeongam)
30.10. India (New Dehli, provisional)

November
13.11. Abu Dhabi
27.11. Brazil (Saġ Paulo)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Awesome power!

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpin Weiss 335ci
[quote=Patrick;5625846
Lastly, how long will it take for franka to find this thread? [/quote]

No fair PMing, guys.

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: E39 540i Sport
[QUOTE=Patrick;5625846]
With the way that things fell apart for Webber, is there anyone that thinks that it might be possible that Webber will NOT drive for RBR next season?

That thought crossed my mind after qualifying on Saturday.
QUOTE]

Yes Webber will be out, should be out. He nevers was that good and has always been an ass on the track. He does not fit in with the team. Can him.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy
Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Lastly, how long will it take for franka to find this thread?

It will take until now after reading about the last race which I did not see. Great God Vettle won. Hurray for him and RBR and time to loose Webber.

I was in Detroit on personal business and got home about 2 hrs ago and just read about the race for the first time. So that is done and its all 2011. So obvious.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy
Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Allow me to be the first person to predict that if Kubica truly does end up driving for Ferrari, he will win the driver's championship

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 PM
racer wannabe

Mein Auto: '12 X5,'08 535i, '03 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
Allow me to be the first person to predict that if Kubica truly does end up driving for Ferrari, he will win the driver's championship
Not with Santander as a main sponsor...
Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 AM

Speed TV is scheduled to show the race at 12 noon EST today. McLaren's Whitmarsh has said the track has no where to pass, that the end of the long straight should have a high speed corner and not a chicane.

Was the race boring due to lack of passing, aside from the championship suspense aspect?

Old 11-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka View Post
Was the race boring due to lack of passing, aside from the championship suspense aspect?
Yes.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Heads are going to roll in SF.

Good bye Chris Dyer... and Massa too?

Who said that Kubica would not drive for SF next year?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM
racer wannabe

Quote:
Heads are going to roll in SF.

Good bye Chris Dyer... and Massa too?

Who said that Kubica would not drive for SF next year?
Kubica would be great for Ferrari but I don't think Ferrari is going to be great for Kubica. It's all about timing.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Crazy View Post
Kubica would be great for Ferrari but I don't think Ferrari is going to be great for Kubica. It's all about timing.
And as we have repeatedly seen, being teammates with El Banco has never been a smart move.

It might even been worse with Santander than it ever was for Barrichello during his years as #2 with SF.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:09 AM
racer wannabe

That's sad but true.
Kubica would be perfect for SF, his character, all business no drama approach is what they need after team orders controversy. On top of that he's as quick as Alonso and more consistent, speaks perfect Italian and understands the culture, part that Kimi was lacking.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
That's sad but true.
Kubica would be perfect for SF, his character, all business no drama approach is what they need after team orders controversy. On top of that he's as quick as Alonso and more consistent, speaks perfect Italian and understands the culture, part that Kimi was lacking.
I would add that he is very skilled at working with his engineers, albeit that he can be quite negative at times! Ok, perhaps direct is a better word for it.

I could also see him doing well with MB or McLaren.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Ferrari is going nowhere for several years w/o a wholesale change including the CO, whatshisface.

Mate*****z said that Webber would stay on in 2011. BIG mistake. Also that RBR would look pretty foolish now if they had backed MW 3 or 4 races back. How true.

Who here was for that strategy, pushing MW with Vettle in support?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:40 AM
racer wannabe

Quote:
I would add that he is very skilled at working with his engineers, albeit that he can be quite negative at times! Ok, perhaps direct is a better word for it.

I could also see him doing well with MB or McLaren.
McLaren definitely but not sure about MB, he wasn't happy at BMW and Stuttgart's influence on the team could create similar situation.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Is that a diesel?

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka View Post
Quote:
Yes.
That made me feel better for missing it. Tilke tracks suck, they should hire the guys that worked on Silverstone. Glad that I did not place any bets at Vegas!

Quote:
You think Renault will come back strong next year? Their engineers are pretty good; they had one of the most efficient F-Ducts. I get the feeling Renault/Kubica might surprise next year.

Quote:
And as we have repeatedly seen, being teammates with El Banco has never been a smart move.
Kubica is one driver El Banco "fears" and he's good friends with him. I still wouldn't want to be his teammate.
Massa must have been thoroughly demotivated. F1 drivers are ultra-competitive and as much as they want to drive fast and win, I don't think he was in a mood to help FA. I like Massa and Ferrari and don't really care about FA so I'm not complaining! And what was the deal with him gesturing at Petrov?? Did he expect him to move over I had predicted that Petrov would somehow manage to crash his car in to the podium, looks like he crashed FA's hope for a podium
Old 11-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Santander flipped Petrov off after they crossed the finish line.

Classy.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Cogito Ergo Zoom

Mein Auto: 325iT
Can't see Kubica going to Ferrari just yet . I'm sure they'll give Massa one more year to see if he can get his act together . If he had driven to his potential , thay could have beat McLaren in the constructors . Also , and obviously , Ferrari want a solid number two to back up Alonso . He is still one of the top three drivers (Hamilton and Vettel the others) and given the car and no more stupid mistakes from the pit wall , he can surely deliver the goods .

Renault came out with a great F-duct , but it took them most of the year and it all goes away for next year . I see them in a tight battle for fourth with Mercedes next year with Ferrari , McLaren and RedBull once again fighting it out at the front .

And yes , heads must roll. Looks like Chris Dyer will be the fall guy , but from the sound of it , he was the one making the calls from the pit wall so it's deserved .

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...?id=1338939628
"I May Be Going To Hell In A Bucket But At Least I'm Enjoying The Ride"
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Mein Auto: E65,03 cobra
So what are the rule changes for next year I know f-duct and double deck diffuser banned, increased min weight, adjustable wings anything else. I hope they change safety car rules they just don't make sense we missed a lot of good battles cause of them.