Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Half of what you paid plus shipping. Use UPS if possible, then DHL. Packaging is not required. I always offer a guarantee. Within 3 days of receipt, provided that they have not been mounted, if they are not satisfied for any reason, they can return them for a full refund of purchase price and original shipping. The buyer pays the return shipping. I always have my used stuff inspected locally and I provide photos, including detailed photos of any problem areas. I also provide accurate descriptions. With my guarantee and approach, I have always sold my stuff at a fair price and no one has returned anything to me. They were treated fairly and there were no surprises. if you offer a guarantee the sales response is much better.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 12-03-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
dmoney

Mein Auto: 535i Sport,335is vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharding View Post
Half of what you paid plus shipping. Use UPS if possible, then DHL. Packaging is not required. I always offer a guarantee. Within 3 days of receipt, provided that they have not been mounted, if they are not satisfied for any reason, they can return them for a full refund of purchase price and original shipping. The buyer pays the return shipping. I always have my used stuff inspected locally and I provide photos, including detailed photos of any problem areas. I also provide accurate descriptions. With my guarantee and approach, I have always sold my stuff at a fair price and no one has returned anything to me. They were treated fairly and there were no surprises. if you offer a guarantee the sales response is much better.
Thanks for the advice! I did just add your note about the guarantee to the listing on Bimmerfest, wheels and tires classified section.
And then various other BMWs over the years including M5, 540i, 530ix, 740i Sport
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 328i sedan, '02 525iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnemer View Post
Thanks. Any thoughts on going with non-runflats?
I do. It's not been a problem. We lived many years without runflats (granted we had a spare tire). I just stick a can of fix a flat in the trunk, don't get the tire pressure sensors on and let the dash light stay on all winter. Granted this is on my 328i sedan but it's the same idea. I run the Dunlops non runflats in the winter and they do great. That light on the dash is a bit annyoing but I can live with that. I can check my own tire pressures.

Can't wait to get the '12 535i sedan MT when I say goodbye to my '09 328i sedan MT.
2011 Lexus ES350 (wife's)
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 AM
dmoney

Mein Auto: 535i Sport,335is vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnemer View Post
Yes you are right. After all of this discussion and internal debate, I was just advised that a friend of mine who had an M5 (2008 M5, I think) is sending me his BMW oem wheels (M Double Spoke 184 wheels with 245-45R18 tires.) Now I need to find out if the TPMS sensors will work on my F10....or I will have to buy new sensors.

I posted a question last night in the E60 forum, but haven't gotten any concrete answers. (I am not trying to SPAM; if I could figure out how to delete that post I would...)
I have just installed the BMW OEM Style 184 18" wheel/tire package (with Michelin PilotAlpins--245/45R18's front and rear) and they look great.

For anybody interested, this package was formerly used on a 2008 BMW M5. This package fits perfectly with my F10 (535i with sport package.) The TPMS works perfectly as well. (I have a June 2010 built 535i, so the TPM's are the same.) The TPM's were changed over in September 2010 builds, so if you have a F10 that was built post Sept 2010, you will have to change the TPM's.
And then various other BMWs over the years including M5, 540i, 530ix, 740i Sport