Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 08-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Mein Auto: bmw 318ci
Angry p0370 error code

Hi can anybody tell me what I need to replace I have aP0370 Timing Reference High Resolution Signal "A"
Old 08-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Mein Auto: 330i
OBD Code P0370refers to
The optical sensor provides a high resolution signal to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) by counting pulses on the sensor disk located in the injection pump. The high resolution is one of the most important inputs by the PCM for fuel control and timing. This test monitors the number of high resolution pulses which have been missed (not detected). It's based on a comparison between the number of pulses that were detected since the last pump cam pulse and the number of the pulses that should have occurred. There are approximately 64 high resolution pulses for every cam pulse.
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0370
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
Possible causes of OBD code P0370
- Open or short in the optical sensor circuit - Optical sensor connector - Damaged optical sensor - Damaged PCM or ECM The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: A number of high resolution pulses missing (internal to PCM (64 to 1 ratio) per every 8 cam reference pulses.
Possible Solutions
- If damage, repair optical sensor circuit - Replaced optical sensor - Replaced PCM or ECM

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search