DIY - E-box fan replacement
My pictures/steps --> here.
Difficulty level (1-10): About a 2; you just need to know how to use a screwdriver / allen wrench. Remember to plug everything back in, and don't drop-kick any of the modules.
E-box fan replacement basically involves the following:
- Disconnect battery
- Remove passenger side microfilter (assuming USA / left-hand drive)
- Remove microfilter clip above passenger side of e-box cover (1 screw)
- Remove e-box (electronics box) cover
- Unclip e-box fan connector (2-pin plug along interior edge of e-box closest to front of car)
- Remove IVM module
- Remove DME module
- Remove Valvetronic control module
- Remove any other modules remaining in the e-box because maybe your car is cooler than mine and you have more modules
- Remove plastic module cage (one screw at front-passenger, one screw at rear-driver)
- Remove e-box fan clamp (2 screws)
- Pull out e-box fan and its ductwork (it all just pulls apart)
- Clean out e-box and vent hole in base of e-box (rear-driver)
Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings
White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes
Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...
Last edited by Keif; 11-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.