Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 AM

Mein Auto: 528xi
Pick Up Advice, Expectations

When the day comes and you go to take delivery at the dealer. What advice do you have about what to check, confirm, etc such that you don't have regrets, later? Other than the money stuff. For example, confirm your options are there, paint. What kind of training did your dealer give you?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
All of these are important. I like to have another person along with me. A friend is better than my wife. They look the car over for nicks, scratches, dents (you name it).
You might want to be darn sure what you hope to have demonstrated to you. I think the i drive and some of the settings are worth a detailed run through.
Schedule the pick up at least 2-3 hrs befor the dealership closes. Remember you have paid for this training and be prepared to learn. These are my opinions/suggestions.
ohhhhh have someone like my wife (an accountant/book keeper type) look at the paper work, but no she is not available to do this for you.
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 11-24-2010, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 528xi
All Season Tires

Anyone know how I can tell by looking at a tire whether it is a summer or all-season tire? I'm picking up my 535i xDrive in 2 hours. I'll ask the dealer of course, but curious.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 525d 2011
if the tire has "M&S" on the sidewall it's a all-season tire