Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Time Shift

Who's found this nifty "DVR" like feature on the Satellite Radio?

Listening to my favorite Lithium station this morning, paused it to get the top of the hour news and weather on the local AM station, back to Satellite and started the track where I left off.

This is too much!

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)
Ads by Google
Old 12-03-2010, 07:39 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Who's found this nifty "DVR" like feature on the Satellite Radio?

Listening to my favorite Lithium station this morning, paused it to get the top of the hour news and weather on the local AM station, back to Satellite and started the track where I left off.

This is too much!
Actually, I learned of it when I read the online owner's manual (several times) while waiting for my 535i to be built and shipped . There's a lot of good information in there, believe it or not.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 12-03-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:51 AM
now driving number eight!

Mein Auto: 2007 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
Actually, I learned of it when I read the online owner's manual (several times) while waiting for my 535i to be built and shipped . There's a lot of good information in there, believe it or not.
If we all read the owners manual we would miss the illuminating discourse that comes from posting one's question before all the accumulated knowledge and experience on this board! This feature was actually demoed to me in the 2 hour orientation at the PDC along with so many other cool features that I may have forgotten or not imprinted.

Please be a little understanding that some of us (me) may be suffering from early forms of dementia, lifelong learning disabilities, or other malaises that are yet to be covered by government healthcare like the new stomach band surgery for overweight people (why BMW does not see fit to offer side bolsters on US cars).

"sometimes you're the windshield .... sometimes you're the bug"

2014 328i Mojave Metallic
2009 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 328i Black Sapphire Metallic
2007 Honda S2000 Berlina Black
(Hey Jim... am I diversified?)