Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36 /7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 roadster and coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Mike

Send a message via ICQ to Mike Clark Send a message via AIM to Mike Clark Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Clark
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW M Roadster
Tried the deer whistles yet? They mount on the front of your car and are supposed to scare the deer away.
1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster Red (gone but not forgotten)
2008 328i Sedan Gold
Old 12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Hat's On, Tops Down!

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4MR
Nope, I have not tried those things. I have seen them on one or two cars before. I have a heavy duty brush guard on the pickup and the wifes Tahoe has one too.

The incident last night was the 1st one ever for the wife. And mine was almost 20 years ago.

The best deer accident I ever saw, if there is such a thing was coming into Century Florida one night there were two semi's in front of me and I got caught by the only light in town, so when I caught up to them just before I got up to them I saw the brake lights come on and lots of smoke from tires being slammed hard. When I drove up to the two trucks, the 1st one had a deer head and body hanging down just below the windshield of the cab of the truck (it was a flat nose freight liner) and the antlers were stuck in the grill. Both the guys were scratching their heads on how to get the deer out. Luckly he had broken his neck when he hit the truck and was not trashing around. No one was hurt (other than the deer). Although the driver did have a funny smell.

Best regards

2008 Z4M Roadster
BMWCCA/ZSCCA Member
Old 12-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E46 sedan View Post
lol those are funny little creatures. I wish we had them up here in the northeast.. I caught one last year when I was down in Florida. Well, I'm glad it didn't ruin your bumper!
I'd be happy to send you all you want. They are a serious nuisance here in Texas. I spend a great deal of time trapping them, filling in their holes and patching lawn that they dug up. They love to tunnel under foundations and around bushes/trees. I've nearly broken my neck several times when I hit one of their hidden holes at full speed on my riding mower. Nearly impossible to get rid of since they breed worse than rabbits. Just let me know how many you would like.