Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 12-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Mein Auto: Automobile
M5 as a daily driver

Anyone have experience with an M5 as a daily driver? Also for long road trips? I am guessing it isn't the greatest car for long distance drives/to rack up high KMs??

My old man really wants a M5 but I am a bit weary about recommending him to get it since he puts 50 000km on a car per year.
Ads by Google
Old 12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
I know a few M5 drivers.
It is a highly technological car with plenty of electronics that can be problematic.
If he drives a lot of km per year, the fuel costs will be high but owners thoroughly enjoy them while under BMW warrantee.
Since the car does drink fuel the range on a full tank is limited perhaps under 300 km
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: E60 M5
I've had an 06 M5 for 2 years now. It's my daily driver so in the winter I use a set of winter tires/wheels. I put 15K miles a year on the car with no issues. Of course, you need to have a lighter foot in the winter but you're sure to have a smile on your face all year long with any M5 as a daily driver.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: '07 M5
Red face

Just recently got my '07 M5 for a daily drive in the S. California traffic (screw all of you on the 91!). To be quite honest though: I do love it. As the car is my first car, I tend to not get such a bad case of road rage while driving it (it's stick too). So I guess it will really depend on the driver's whole mental perspective. For me: the care eases the soul. So it's just full of win.