Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 12-16-2010, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 740I
MK IV Upgrade/ info and select button

I recently upgraded from the small nav screen to the wide screen. I knew that the info and select buttons would not work with the new display. I had the MK II unit. I just upgraded the nav unit from a MK II to a MK IV and thought that would solve that problem. It didn't. I believe it has the latest upgraded software V32. Any suggestions? Thank you, Tom
Ads by Google
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 740IL
I chased this issue for awhile with Bimmernav when I upgraded from MKIII to MKIV and I have found that there is no solution as far as I can tell to make the soft keys i.e. select button work after this upgrade. I put out several posts on the main E38 forums and all ideas submitted ultimately failed to make this option operational again. I even reinstalled my MKIII to see if the feature would re-established itself as operational after the downgrade and it did so I know the issue is with the upgrade....and Bimmernav is playing "dumb" regarding a solution.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 740I
Thank you for the reply. I know the info button sets up the radio and I already selected the way I wanted it to work before I changed the head units out. I don't recall what the select button does. I can live with out either button not working but I like everything to be operational if I can make it that way. Thanks again for the reply. Tom