Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
I got dissed by an Audi Driver - help

So this weekend I was in NY with a girl that I am seeing. We went to a party where a great friend of hers was at. She introduced us and then said "So you like Audi, and you like BMW...discuss".

So the audi driver made fun of me a lot and she was much more quick witted then me.

The only thing I can make fun of her car is that she has a cloth convertible...not a hard top.

She definitely gave me the thumbs down on my 330 and said I wussed out and should have gotten a 650.

So I need some good come back lines...we are getting together on Wed and then New Years.

Furball

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Just say "Nice Passat" next time you see this person. Then ask her if that one has the diesel engine in it.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i Sports Wagon
Get a new girlfriend.

2010 535i xDrive Sport Wagon (April 2009): Deep Sea Blue / Cream Beige / Sport, Premium, Cold Weather Packages
2011 335i xDrive Coupe (April 2011, European Delivery): Le Mans Blue / Oyster-Black / M Sport, Premium, Convenience Packages
Old 12-20-2010, 05:59 AM
I do my crosswords in pen

Mein Auto: OEM+ 330i
We need more information pertaining to the model of her Audi, there are plenty of insults to be cultivated depending on that.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:16 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Like the passat

I am not sure. It was late and I was buzzed, and cold. Just saw it briefly. Audi convertible. A4 maybe? It looked the more docile versions - the "cuter" rides. Not brand new for sure.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Like the passat

I am not sure. It was late and I was buzzed, and cold. Just saw it briefly. Audi convertible. A4 maybe? It looked the more docile versions - the "cuter" rides. Not brand new for sure.
She obviously had a base model A4. Probably a 1.8T or 2.0T. Big time fail. Was she a G-MEN fan?

Don't stand for that Furb. Rub it in her face that she's driving an expensive Passat and the G-Men are a bunch of frauds.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Philosopher-king

Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcreese View Post
get a new girlfriend.
+1
2008 E91 station wagon 20K miles "Classic" BMW inline six, six-speed manual transmission, Alpine, Terra, Xenons, ZSP, ZCW, ZPP, PDC, CA, alarm, M shifter and M brake handle, Euro rear fog light switch, Euro aspheric mirrors, rear power outlets, Euro split armrest, Garmin nüvi custom cupholder mount, Lidatek, V-1 built-in remote display.

"I will give up my stick shift when you pry it from my cold dead hand!"
Old 12-20-2010, 06:28 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

I like the girl that I am dating. She drives a camry. I asked her about the Lexus (I called her Camry a rebadged lexus) and she straight out said "Toyota is a way better car then a Lexus"....how can you not like a girl who says that about a Lexus?

@E-sub....G-men?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Officially Contaminated

Quote:
I like the girl that I am dating. She drives a camry. I asked her about the Lexus (I called her Camry a rebadged lexus) and she straight out said "Toyota is a way better car then a Lexus"....how can you not like a girl who says that about a Lexus?

@E-sub....G-men?
The New York Football Giants.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
The New York Football Giants.
Yea....crash and burn for them this past weekend I giggled when they lost a game they should have totally won!

So far we got:

"How's the passat and the diesal", passed smoothly into a giants loss.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 AM
I do my crosswords in pen

Mein Auto: OEM+ 330i
If it's the 1.8t you could ask her how those coilpacks are holding up (1.8t's are infamous for these problems.)

Then tell her "yea that's a nice ride, for a grandma."
Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
tappa tappa toit

Mein Auto: hoopty
Lol who cares? It's not like your manhood is at stake. Some people prefer one car over the other. Not a big deal. Tell her to shove it. End of story.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:08 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujjuman View Post
Lol who cares? It's not like your manhood is at stake. Some people prefer one car over the other. Not a big deal. Tell her to shove it. End of story.
I care. It's not about manhood - it's about she outwitted me....ok well that's about manhood. It's the PRINCIPAL!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Bad Lieutenant

Mein Auto: S65B40 Powered
Quote:
So this weekend I was in NY with a girl that I am seeing. We went to a party where a great friend of hers was at. She introduced us and then said "So you like Audi, and you like BMW...discuss".
You mean to tell me this is ALL she could think you could talk about at a party, in New York?

If she was a dude ...

Old 12-20-2010, 07:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Convertible
If she outwitted you and you need to come here for come backs then guess what.... she will out wit you again. There is really no point in the argument. You might be better off just complimenting her on her car and leave it at that. Just cause she is a moron and you let your GF set you up there is no reason to continue to allow it to happen. Just be nice and drop the subject. If she continues just give her a WHATEVER. Be the man and step above the fray.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Quote:
I care. It's not about manhood - it's about she outwitted me....ok well that's about manhood. It's the PRINCIPAL!
To be honest, furb, it's too late.

However...

a) "A 650 is like a bus, the 330 is nimble. I have good hands and I like to be touching something that responds". A sweet follow up move would be to put your arm around your lady...or not.

b) "You are a lot smarter than that A4 makes you look. I could have sworn you were a hairdresser" This will mess with her mind long after the conversation finishes. (NB Don't use if she is a hairdresser, or your GF is a hairdresser, or there are hairdressers nearby)
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Combat Commuter

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 335i
Delete

It has already been said.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
OK Furb, here's what we have to work with:

1) She's a New Yorker, so naturally thinks she's smarter & nimbler than slow witted Philly guys

2) She drives an Audi, probably an A4 'vert - ha!

3) You like your girl friend, so Ms. Audi's not attractive enough to keep your eye on her ball

Your basic smartass.

So, allow as to how she *might* be right about some of her ideas. You'd like a ride!

Plan ahead - be friendly - you should have her drive you to any number of destinations you may have to visit that day, or night. Take care of your errands without having to worry about driving or parking.

Throw her a bone from time to time - 'Yes! You might be right about _______________.' A fine dinner's in order, but when the check comes, it's Dutch Treat - you're not on intimate terms! If by then she wants to be, I'm certain you can field that one.

On parting wish her well and thank her for a stimulating day or evening. You've enjoyed her company and the performance of a fine German machine!

Leave a few Audi vs BMW questions open, but whatever you do, don't end it showing her she's wrong, regardless of how true that is. You don't want to burn that bridge, as you may be back to NY, and have need of transportation.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-20-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
Quote:

So the audi driver made fun of me a lot and she was much more quick witted then me.

The only thing I can make fun of her car is that she has a cloth convertible...not a hard top.

She definitely gave me the thumbs down on my 330 and said I wussed out and should have gotten a 650.

So I need some good come back lines...we are getting together on Wed and then New Years.

Furball
Ahhh Furby, there are great cars but at various price points.
The only way you can be outwitted is when you think so.
I like my 330i and I like my neighbors Audi R8. Both are great cars but at hughly different price points.

Don't worry what other say or how witty they may be.
Be concerned about your thinking.
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Mein Auto: '08 Montego Blue 335i
Quote:

Furball
Just tell her that she's slamming your bmw because she's jealous and she wants one or just say that the only reason why she has an Audi is because she couldn't afford a bmw. Say it nicely and calmly and then walk away and don't look back.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi saloon,2006 H3
Tell her the jerk store called and they're running out of her.

And if that fails, tell her you slept with her wife. Before the coma.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 335d & X5 35d
I think this is an easy one to solve... Tell her "you don't know how much better BMW is until you've driven one". At that point, hand over your keys and tell her to take it for a drive...

If she turns you down...you win....
If she takes your offer, well she's no longer around and you can enjoy the party.

good luck...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 AM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarney View Post
If she outwitted you and you need to come here for come backs then guess what.... she will out wit you again. There is really no point in the argument. You might be better off just complimenting her on her car and leave it at that. Just cause she is a moron and you let your GF set you up there is no reason to continue to allow it to happen. Just be nice and drop the subject. If she continues just give her a WHATEVER. Be the man and step above the fray.
+1

Sounds like this gal will outwit anyone regardless of the facts. Just concede to impress your girl.

OR, I couldn't help it;

1. How does it feel to drive a fashion disaster with everyone copying those LED lights? Talk about seeing folks with your exact same outfit -- must be awful.

2. Does the 1.8L engine come with a wind-up knob in the trunk?

3. I heard it has electrical problems, I think that partly explains how bad your hair looks...

OR

"Let's just agree to disagree no matter how wrong your views may be."

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-ratedE90 View Post
To be honest, furb, it's too late.

However...

a) "A 650 is like a bus, the 330 is nimble. I have good hands and I like to be touching something that responds". A sweet follow up move would be to put your arm around your lady...or not.

b) "You are a lot smarter than that A4 makes you look. I could have sworn you were a hairdresser" This will mess with her mind long after the conversation finishes. (NB Don't use if she is a hairdresser, or your GF is a hairdresser, or there are hairdressers nearby)

Ohh - considering the sex talks I hear her having option A sounds great. My mom's a hairdresser so option B won't offend me, and that matters most

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
OK Furb, here's what we have to work with:

1) She's a New Yorker, so naturally thinks she's smarter & nimbler than slow witted Philly guys
She may be right in this case But sage advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
Just tell her that she's slamming your bmw because she's jealous and she wants one or just say that the only reason why she has an Audi is because she couldn't afford a bmw. Say it nicely and calmly and then walk away and don't look back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR328 View Post
I think this is an easy one to solve... Tell her "you don't know how much better BMW is until you've driven one". At that point, hand over your keys and tell her to take it for a drive...

If she takes your offer, well she's no longer around and you can enjoy the party.

good luck...
This was good until the part about letting her drive my ride...Can't let Audi cooties get on my black leather, it shows like danderoff!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR328 View Post

good luck...
Or this.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Closed Thread