Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline Sixer View Post
+1

Sounds like this gal will outwit anyone regardless of the facts. Just concede to impress your girl.

OR, I couldn't help it;

1. How does it feel to drive a fashion disaster with everyone copying those LED lights? Talk about seeing folks with your exact same outfit -- must be awful.

2. Does the 1.8L engine come with a wind-up knob in the trunk?

3. I heard it has electrical problems, I think that partly explains how bad your hair looks...

OR

"Let's just agree to disagree no matter how wrong your views may be."

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
#3 might get me an elbow
# 1 & 2 are funny

The last one may just be the ticket for me

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i
Some responses :
- Who towed your car here ?
- How do you prevent the suspension from crushing the fuses ( B6? problem ) ?
- If you traded your Audi for a BMW, you could've afforded dieting.

Personally I'd just pity her poor choice.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................
Seems like all these Audi drivers are all the same. They all seem to have a lot of anger in them, I see it in their eyes when they pass me with that evil stare like I did something to them or something.

Honestly though, who cares what some Audi lady driver says. Last time I checked, parties are where your supposed to have fun, not try to make fun of someone for not driving a 650. Really... 650? Tell that Audi driver( I wont call her by her name nor will I ask what her name is) that maybe you don't want a 650? Did she not figure that maybe you can't afford a 650 nor that you even want one... I would love to know why she's driving some old VW with an Audi logo on the front and back and not driving an Audi A8 or Bentley? Tell this lady the next time you see her that I will grief over the fact that she is not driving a Bentley Continental GT.

Last edited by BMWFTW91; 12-20-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:04 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by khovik View Post
Some responses :
- Who towed your car here ?
- How do you prevent the suspension from crushing the fuses ( B6? problem ) ?
- If you traded your Audi for a BMW, you could've afforded dieting.

Personally I'd just pity her poor choice.
First two are funny.

Third one would get me dumped by the girl I am dating, and probably punched by her friend.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post

She's a New Yorker, so naturally thinks she's smarter & nimbler than slow witted Philly guys
She may be right in this case But sage advise
Being born in Bryn Mawr, I say no way!

Simply, you were unaware that you would be victim of a vicious, unprovoked attack.

But fortune favors the prepared mind - your next meeting should be very different; applied intellectual Judo.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 12-20-2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Being born in Bryn Mawr, I say no way!

Simply, you were unaware that you would be victim of a vicious, unprovoked sneak attack.

But fortune favors the prepared mind - your next meeting should be very different.
You were born in Bryn Mawr? Nice! Great area - one pizza place there that has some of the best wings around.

It was unprovoked, sneaky, and vicious. I was also buzzed, and didn't want to be overly mean (women can be mean, it's ok...men being mean is always played out as being a bully). Besides - I'm a gentle and kind furball!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335is, 2015 X1
A response that I think may have been in someones signature on here.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio. 2015 BMW X1 28iXdrive M Sport, LeMans Blue, with Black Dakota leather, Premium and Technology packages, with heated seats, satellite radio.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: assorted awesomeness
It is too late, and it'll be kind of lame if you go in there with a list of comments. But if it's brought up again, it'd be good to know if you have a manual, if she does, etc. As already indicated, you could focus on its being a pricy VW, or, "Oh. Those. Well, I kind of like the fancy light treatment, but I'm not 17 anymore." Or that you always liked driving a BMW and, since most of the narcissistic nits have moved to Audis, there's a lot less baggage. Or mention the plastic fantastic engine bay. But even though I tend to be a smartass pretty much always, when people remark about cars like that, I'll ask if they've driven one and/or let them know if I drove whatever they chose and maybe what I thought of it, but then again, I'm curious about what all cars offer or don't. That way you can also get an idea if the person with whom you're speaking chose his/her car because of how it drives, if it meets a need, or for the badge and image. If the latter, you have all sorts of ammunition. Also, car insults don't work out so well if it becomes clear that you didn't choose a car because of the image--or even in spite of it--and that you actually know how to drive it.

Edit - My reaction to the 650 comment would probably be something like, "Yes, but I personally like driving cars, not computers. Particularly computers that cost as much as a modest house." Then, if needed, something like, "Besides, in that price range, I could get an M5 and bring along more than one friend, or really go overboard and get a 911 or GT-R."

Edit again, but if I had wanted to be kind of vicious (although not a good idea with a friend of a recent girlfriend) and she was being particularly mean, I may have just ended it with, "An Audi, huh?" Then looked at her for a few seconds. "Yes, I guess you're a little too old now to pull off a Cabrio."

Last edited by Carraway; 12-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
I think we need to take a step back here and look at the bigger picture... you might be talking about your car too much for it to be the first thing that your bird introduces you to her friends with.
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

It was all in good fun. She knows I own a bmw (she loves the heated seats) and she says her friend is an audi fanatic and hates BMW. So i think it was more on her friends side. Again, all good fun, but i wouldn't mind having some come-back ammo. She said her friend loves to dish it (and take it too) - so I wouldn't let it get personal or hateful, just playful.

BTW - what do you get as an xmas gift to a girl you have been dating for about a month? Something that says "i thought of you, but no i am not psycho stalker"....She has a camry (not new) and wishes she had heated seats so I thought of getting those heated seats you put on the chair and plug into the cig lighter....but then i thought they look tacky.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Officially Contaminated

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
BTW - what do you get as an xmas gift to a girl you have been dating for about a month? Something that says "i thought of you, but no i am not psycho stalker"
A used A4 convertible
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
I care. It's not about manhood - it's about she outwitted me....ok well that's about manhood. It's the PRINCIPAL!
C'mon, you should be used to that by now.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: 335is Coupe
Quote:
So this weekend I was in NY with a girl that I am seeing. We went to a party where a great friend of hers was at. She introduced us and then said "So you like Audi, and you like BMW...discuss".

So the audi driver made fun of me a lot and she was much more quick witted then me.

The only thing I can make fun of her car is that she has a cloth convertible...not a hard top.

She definitely gave me the thumbs down on my 330 and said I wussed out and should have gotten a 650.

So I need some good come back lines...we are getting together on Wed and then New Years.

Furball
Furball, you're taking this too seriously.

Women generally are more articulate than men - even the dumb ones. It has to do with the left-brain/right-brain dichotomy.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I care. It's not about manhood - it's about she outwitted me....ok well that's about manhood. It's the PRINCIPAL!
She didn't outwit you, she out talked you. Big difference.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///m-ratede90 View Post
to be honest, furb, it's too late.

However...

A) "a 650 is like a bus, the 330 is nimble. I have good hands and i like to be touching something that responds". A sweet follow up move would be to put your arm around your lady...or not.

B) "you are a lot smarter than that a4 makes you look. I could have sworn you were a hairdresser" this will mess with her mind long after the conversation finishes. (nb don't use if she is a hairdresser, or your gf is a hairdresser, or there are hairdressers nearby)
lol! I love it!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Submarine View Post
A used A4 convertible
Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_dave View Post
C'mon, you should be used to that by now.
I may be a furball, If you prick me, do I not bleed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBinDC View Post
And talking is a woman thing!

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Furball, you're taking this too seriously.

Women generally are more articulate than men - even the dumb ones. It has to do with the left-brain/right-brain dichotomy.
Quote:
RB got this one right. She was gunning for you, Furby. Best way to shut her down is not play at all. She sounds like the type who always has to have the last word.

Next time she tries to engage you in the Audi vs BMW debate change the topic. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

(Unless of course you enjoy the verbal emasculation.)

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
RB got this one right. She was gunning for you, Furby. Best way to shut her down is not play at all. She sounds like the type who always has to have the last word.

Next time she tries to engage you in the Audi vs BMW debate change the topic. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

(Unless of course you enjoy the verbal emasculation.)
pre-frontal lobotimy imo

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I Know Nothing

Mein Auto: '10 E92 335i
Just take M-Rated with you. After the carnage is over say "My boy is wicked smart" and walk away.

(It helps if you have a Boston accent.)

2010 E92 335i
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2007 E93 328i (Sold)
2002 Ford Focus SVT (Sold)
2001 Ford SVT Lightning (Sold)
1983 BMX (Totaled... Twice)
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Audi-Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
She probably felt that you were a poser trying to impress her girlfriend. It doesn't matter if you drove a BMW, Merc, or an Audi, I'm thinking that she was simply trying to figure you out and would have asked the same thing.

Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]

Last edited by sf_loft; 12-20-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Audi-Bimmer Fan

Mein Auto: 2014 F10 M5 CP
I agree with Nordic Kat... If she's that witty, no matter what one liners you have to prepare she'll come back at you quicker and you'll be stuck again. Just ignore and pretend that you don't care or just agree and let her win if she needs to feel better for owning an Audi. IMO I don't think that she cares and is trying to see what kind of person you are.

Retired: 2010 Audi B8 S4 [trade-in], 2008 E92 335i [lemon], 2007 E92 335i [totaled]
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarney View Post
If she outwitted you and you need to come here for come backs then guess what.... she will out wit you again. There is really no point in the argument. You might be better off just complimenting her on her car and leave it at that. Just cause she is a moron and you let your GF set you up there is no reason to continue to allow it to happen. Just be nice and drop the subject. If she continues just give her a WHATEVER. Be the man and step above the fray.

HAHA. Yeah. Tell her that George Costanza line "Yeah well, the jerkstore called, they're running out of you. " Give up while you're only slightly down.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
After reading further and mulling things over for a bit, I've come to the conclusion that she was merely trying to bait the furball into giving her a ride in his 330 to prove its superiority.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to meeksdigital
Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Haha, surprised westy west hasn't chimed in with his psycho-babble audi BS yet

My buddy, who happens to drive an Audi, got in my car yesterday and goes "god damn it dude, why do you have to buy sh*t like this and make me jealous every time?!" He loved the car, and spent the next 20 minutes telling me why he thought BMWs are superior. Not that I care, really, but it sure was funny.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:

Let's just cut to the chase. Furb is smitten with this girl that he met at the party. She is probably hot and apparently witty. He wants to raise his game (with our help) in order to make himself look more attractive to her at their next meeting (already planned!).

Good times!

IMO there is no need to insult her to be witty. It might come across all wrong if you don't pull it off. I do like the idea of you getting her in your car though...

I recommend you show up in an M3 next time.

So.... is she indeed hot?

F10 M5 Alpine/Sakhir
Closed Thread