Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 AM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaynemd View Post
Let's just cut to the chase. Furb is smitten with this girl that he met at the party. She is probably hot and apparently witty. He wants to raise his game (with our help) in order to make himself look more attractive to her at their next meeting (already planned!).

Good times!

IMO there is no need to insult her to be witty. It might come across all wrong if you don't pull it off. I do like the idea of you getting her in your car though...

I recommend you show up in an M3 next time.

So.... is she indeed hot?
Great question, it mainly only matters whether she is hott or not...
Old 12-20-2010, 09:34 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Let's just cut to the chase. Furb is smitten with this girl that he met at the party. She is probably hot and apparently witty. He wants to raise his game (with our help) in order to make himself look more attractive to her at their next meeting (already planned!).

Good times!

IMO there is no need to insult her to be witty. It might come across all wrong if you don't pull it off. I do like the idea of you getting her in your car though...

I recommend you show up in an M3 next time.

So.... is she indeed hot?
Hmmm....Maybe a certain goat lover will let me borrow his refrigerater white ride?

She is cute, but I am dating her best friend (who is cuter, and likes my heated seats)

Oh wait you were asking for you?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Not a real doctor.

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Coupe
Interesting!

Win by outclassing her. Tell her you really respect Audis. (It's ok to lie.) Tell her that they're beautiful cars and that they're really forcing BMW to up their game.

"So why do you own a BMW?, she asks. "Oh," you say, I've always loved BMWs."

No matter how she bugs you to explain... don't. Turn it around and ask her how she likes the interior... If she could get any Audi , what would she get? How come she didn't? Be elusive. If you're lucky, she'll go crazy trying to figure you out. Be incredibly modest. Admire her good taste. And quietly smile whenever the topic returns to the BMW. The goal is to intimate that you know why the BMW is superior, but you're too nice and modest to explain at the risk of offending. If you're lucky, she'll also get the impression you just don't think she'd be able to understand.

You'll come off as a nice guy, and she'll come off as a self-centered busybody.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

'09 328i Coupe: MT, Monaco Blue, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, CA, Logic7, HD Radio, IPod
Ordered: 14Jan09; Delivered: 24Feb09 from Stratham, NH BMW
Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 AM
GONE

Mein Auto: .................
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Hmmm....Maybe a certain goat lover will let me borrow his refrigerater white ride?

She is cute, but I am dating her best friend (who is cuter, and likes my heated seats)

Oh wait you were asking for you?
We need pix.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 AM
smooth like butter

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i | '14 F15 X5
Quote:
It was all in good fun. She knows I own a bmw (she loves the heated seats) and she says her friend is an audi fanatic and hates BMW. So i think it was more on her friends side. Again, all good fun, but i wouldn't mind having some come-back ammo. She said her friend loves to dish it (and take it too) - so I wouldn't let it get personal or hateful, just playful.

BTW - what do you get as an xmas gift to a girl you have been dating for about a month? Something that says "i thought of you, but no i am not psycho stalker"....She has a camry (not new) and wishes she had heated seats so I thought of getting those heated seats you put on the chair and plug into the cig lighter....but then i thought they look tacky.
Appliances and gadgets for women never work as presents. Let me repeat. Never. Try a box of chocolates instead.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 12-20-2010, 10:01 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Just tell her you drive what you like, you aren't a badge whore.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:06 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 3 series Coupe
she's comparing her 211HP 4 Banger to an I-6.. CMON!
tell her u'll race her car anyday...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007 BMW 328i Coupe|Sapphire Black|Gray Poplar Wood Trim|Premium Package|Sports Package|Navigation iDrive|Park Distance|Aero Body Kit|Logic 7
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFTW91 View Post
We need pix.
I was thinking of that, but then it popped in my head "C2C III".

Or was it pics of her friend that you were asking for?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Become the Bull

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline Sixer View Post
+1
2. Does the 1.8L engine come with a wind-up knob in the trunk?

3. I heard it has electrical problems, I think that partly explains how bad your hair looks...

I Lol'ed hard

2009 335i Coupe - Delivered 7/23/2009
Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Montego Blue 335i
I have to....

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
It was all in good fun. She knows I own a bmw (she loves the heated seats) and she says her friend is an audi fanatic and hates BMW. So i think it was more on her friends side. Again, all good fun, but i wouldn't mind having some come-back ammo. She said her friend loves to dish it (and take it too) - so I wouldn't let it get personal or hateful, just playful.

BTW - what do you get as an xmas gift to a girl you have been dating for about a month? Something that says "i thought of you, but no i am not psycho stalker"....She has a camry (not new) and wishes she had heated seats so I thought of getting those heated seats you put on the chair and plug into the cig lighter....but then i thought they look tacky.
One month? Give her more of what you gave her on the 3rd date. Oh ya.... and stop hitting on her bff in front of her.

F10 M5 Alpine/Sakhir

Last edited by mlaynemd; 12-20-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcreese View Post
Get a new girlfriend.
Yes.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
If it's the 1.8t you could ask her how those coilpacks are holding up (1.8t's are infamous for these problems.)

Then tell her "yea that's a nice ride, for a grandma."
And if she has experienced the camshaft needing to be replaced due to wear from the lobe that drives the HPFP....
Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: '08 Montego Blue 335i
Quote:
One month? Give her more of what you gave her on the 3rd date. Oh ya.... and stop hitting on her bff in front of her.
Oh snap!

This could be a perfect Seinfeld episode titled, "The Switch" if you're able to pull it off.

Last edited by bam; 12-20-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Audi drivers are pansies. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

- Mike

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
Audi drivers are pansies. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

- Mike
What, no dig to use to best effect?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
What, no dig to use to best effect?
I maintain, and always will, that every Audi driver really wants to own a BMW. Trust me on that.

The only real dig is the lack of RWD product. No Audi will ever kick its tail out and do a powerslide. I've been sideways in R8s, but throttle application pulls things back in. BMWs are simply more "involving" to drive (hmm... at the expense of stability?).

- Mike

Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
I was going to show up in an M3. However, just show her pix form C2CII and say you know the guy who drives that car. That should be enough. You can even say "I can get you a ride in that car"

If that doesn't work (unlikely), I think a "whatever..." in a high pitched, effeminate voice (as suggested above) followed by a flounce across the bar would be the best though. She will immediately recognize you as a secret S4 driver and rethpect your ride.
Also available in Alpine White...

Last edited by ///M-ratedE90; 12-20-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
SHANE

Mein Auto: BMW 328i 2008
Quote:
So this weekend I was in NY with a girl that I am seeing. We went to a party where a great friend of hers was at. She introduced us and then said "So you like Audi, and you like BMW...discuss".

So the audi driver made fun of me a lot and she was much more quick witted then me.

The only thing I can make fun of her car is that she has a cloth convertible...not a hard top.

She definitely gave me the thumbs down on my 330 and said I wussed out and should have gotten a 650.

So I need some good come back lines...we are getting together on Wed and then New Years.

Furball
Id tell her that she is driving an overpriced volkswagen with bright LED's. And say that she must have not driven a BMW before and that is why she bought the other German competitor
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335Is
C'mon man it's really simple with Audi people...Volkswagon for starters which should provide enough ammo if not go back a few years and mention if that was the car that ran over people without touching the gas pedal back in the 80's + why do they mention BMW in EVERY commercial? Inferiority complex.And those freaking led lights make you look like your driving a flashlight....So Rice.I could go on and on and on.........If you're gonna own a bimmer toughen up and trashem all!!!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Automotive Monomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop362 View Post
C'mon man it's really simple with Audi people...Volkswagon for starters which should provide enough ammo if not go back a few years and mention if that was the car that ran over people without touching the gas pedal back in the 80's + why do they mention BMW in EVERY commercial? Inferiority complex.And those freaking led lights make you look like your driving a flashlight....So Rice.I could go on and on and on.........If you're gonna own a bimmer toughen up and trashem all!!!!!
VW Group = Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche... nothing in there that screams embarassment.

It is interesting to see how nervous BMW owners get around Audis. I don't see your knees shaking around the Subaru camps...

- Mike

Old 12-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Cruising 280 Top Down

Send a message via Skype™ to petriej
Mein Auto: '99 M3 Cab & '05 X5 4.8is
Give her some liquor filled chocolates. I got them for someone one year and it went over great. The ones I bought were shaped like bottles and had Hennesy, JD, etc. Assortment pack.

I dated a girl who drove an Audi and she would bring up the fact that we clash on that front. The relationship didn't last very long. I agree with a previous poster: acknowledge that you disagree and play the nice card. 'Kill them with kindness' is a very effective way to overcome an Audi-crazed jackass. Especially if you will be interacting with them often. Just don't be too soft on your end, or you'll end up looking like a pushover.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
Furb,

I am worried. What is the point of me tearing the exhaust pipes of Toyota Prius's (Prii?) on behalf of the brand if you are going to crumble at the first Audi driver you meet????

I'll tell you what, I know a girl with A4 vert, 3.0 (I think) with S-line package. I will see what I can do to fix all this the next time we are at the lights on the way into work!
Also available in Alpine White...
Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: 06 330i ZPP, ZSP, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcreese View Post
Get a new girlfriend.
BEST STRATEGY
Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 06 330i ZPP, ZSP, 6MT
Quote: