Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535xi
1600 miles on 535i X Drive

What a great car! Acceleration is fantastic. I use the Normal and Sport settings. Normal is great on the highways and I like the Sport setting on the back roads. Steering is excellent except on tight, slow maneuvers. I find it a little stiff to make my turns in the driveway, etc., other than that is is fine. X drive is great, the car feels like it is glued to the road. Speed comes on fast and effortlessly.

I love the car. It is the most beautiful car I have seen in many years. It looks like a classic. The interior is perfect! The car has had no problems and it is the finest car I have ever driven.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	259166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	259167   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	259168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	259169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033-1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	259170  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	259171   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	259172   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	259173  
2011 535i X Drive - Space Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Wood Trim, Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Cold Weather Package, Active Seat Ventilation, Premium Packages 1&2, Smartphone Integration.

2012 BMW R1200RT light magnesium, Sport/Touring Motorcycle
Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 750i x drive
Excellent vehicle - enjoy!

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 12-20-2010, 03:54 PM
um, i dunno

Mein Auto: 08 535xi
and just think, it's all yours! Don't ya love walking up to it? Sometimes I go out to my driveway just to look at it....
Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM

And is it not great that, as more of us get our F10's, the true greatness of this vehicle is now being realized and conveyed the Forum members. I completely sympathize with those who have the legitimate problem with the grinding and I am very happy that the grinding problem now seems to be resolving with the replacement of the valve block. However, I feel that the true greatness of the F10, as well as this Forum, have been poisoned by a select one (oops, I mean a select minority), who has made repeated inflammatory remarks to disparage the F10 when the one (oops, I mean the minority) does not even own an F10.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
The heated steering wheel has spoiled me forever. I used to live in NE, and driving to the train station with gloves on was a daily ritual. Also, the heated seats fire are almost too hot, and the heat comes on microwave fast. You never consider the HVAC system in a car when you buy one, but this is the best I've ever experienced. Not sure if it's a BMW thing or a F10 characteristic.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
The heated steering wheel has spoiled me forever. I used to live in NE, and driving to the train station with gloves on was a daily ritual. Also, the heated seats fire are almost too hot, and the heat comes on microwave fast. You never consider the HVAC system in a car when you buy one, but this is the best I've ever experienced. Not sure if it's a BMW thing or a F10 characteristic.
+1 I am still stuck in the Northeast much of the time and it has been extremely cold this December. Long live the heated seats and the heated steering wheel.

2014 750ix M Sport
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPark01 View Post
The heated steering wheel is a great thing! If I could take it off I would bring it in the house and sleep with it. The heated seats are great too and although I usually keep them on for only a short time they sure do keep you warm. Unfortunately for me this year, I am still using my company car most of the time and it sits out in the driveway and turns into an ice box and I freeze for the first ten miles. My BMW has spoiled me and I may have to stop driving it until spring as I suffer so much now since I have experienced a few moments of pure bliss.
2011 535i X Drive - Space Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Wood Trim, Sport Package, Sport Transmission, Dynamic Handling Package, Cold Weather Package, Active Seat Ventilation, Premium Packages 1&2, Smartphone Integration.

2012 BMW R1200RT light magnesium, Sport/Touring Motorcycle
Old 12-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyj View Post
The heated steering wheel is a great thing! If I could take it off I would bring it in the house and sleep with it. The heated seats are great too and although I usually keep them on for only a short time they sure do keep you warm. Unfortunately for me this year, I am still using my company car most of the time and it sits out in the driveway and turns into an ice box and I freeze for the first ten miles. My BMW has spoiled me and I may have to stop driving it until spring as I suffer so much now since I have experienced a few moments of pure bliss.
It's hard not to drive a free car. I have a 16 year old lexus LS that is the family beater. I just can't part with it. It's crap compared to the F10, but it has never broken down, everything works, I've done all the maintenance with my own two hands and it's free motoring 1 owner car.
But every time I get into the F10, I feel quite regal.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i MSport Xdrive
Great Pictures and Beautiful Color combination for your Xdrive.
Final week ((I hope) of waiting for mine. This is becoming quite torturous . Maybe I should avoid this site and go cold turkey...

Current:
2014 BMW 535i Xdrive Msport Dark Graphite/Mocha Nappa
Tinted Side/Rear Reflectors|Black Chrome Emblems|M Rear Spoiler|Rear Sunshade| Carbon Fiber Fender Trim | LCI M5 Grilles | M Performance Exhaust Tips
2010 Volkswagen CC 2.0T DSG Island Gray/Black
Retired:
2011 BMW 535i Xdrive DSB/Venetian Beige
Old 12-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysid View Post
Great Pictures and Beautiful Color combination for your Xdrive.
Final week ((I hope) of waiting for mine. This is becoming quite torturous . Maybe I should avoid this site and go cold turkey...
This is the exact reason I couldn't order a car. Even though I paid for things I didn't really want, to get other things that I did. The waiting would have been utter torture. Automotive blue balls.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: 'O7 525xi
Not a huge fan of this body style , yet.

The Volvo styled nose is really kinda of a put-off. Saw an '11 550 at the stealership about two months ago and it was really nice over-all. The i-drive knob was over by the passenger side , which was odd. It seemed a bit less roomy than the E60 also , IMO.

I'm sure in two years one will be in my driveway.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst1 View Post
Not a huge fan of this body style , yet.

The Volvo styled nose is really kinda of a put-off. Saw an '11 550 at the stealership about two months ago and it was really nice over-all. The i-drive knob was over by the passenger side , which was odd. It seemed a bit less roomy than the E60 also , IMO.
Never equated the F10 front to a Volvo design . Never had iDrive before until now. The knob, for me, is in the perfect location. Your right hand just falls right to it. It would be too close and cramped for it to be on the left side of the console, IMO. It took me a while to like the E60 (never had my own). For me, the F10 was an instant BMW classic -- no mistaking what it is. Most people who see mine are impressed and feel it looks powerful just sitting there.

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Qualityhound

Mein Auto: 2011 535Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyj View Post
What a great car! Acceleration is fantastic. I use the Normal and Sport settings. Normal is great on the highways and I like the Sport setting on the back roads. Steering is excellent except on tight, slow maneuvers. I find it a little stiff to make my turns in the driveway, etc., other than that is is fine. X drive is great, the car feels like it is glued to the road. Speed comes on fast and effortlessly.

I love the car. It is the most beautiful car I have seen in many years. It looks like a classic. The interior is perfect! The car has had no problems and it is the finest car I have ever driven.
Beautiful car! It's fun almost before you push the start button. In three months you'll love it even more. Best wishes.