Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 330i Sport
Quick X3 35i Test Drive

Hello,

The other day I was looking at smaller SUV's and stopped by my local BMW dealer. They had a brand new X3 35i outside as well as a pristine 2008 M-Sport X3 CPO. I test drove both back to back.

The new X3 35i was loaded to the gills:
Alpine White with Sand Beige Nevada Leather
Sport Activity Package: $1,250
Convenience Package: $1,150
Cold Weather Package: $1,150
Premium Package: $3,450
Technology Package: $3,200
Heads Up Display: $1,300
Satellite Radio w/1 year subscription: $350
Premium Hi-fi: $875

Total MSRP w/Destination: $54,650!!!!

The interior is almost like a leap forward from the 08 model that I looked at. It has all the newest BMW controls/nav screen etc. I drove the 08 first and while I loved that more than I thought I would, the interior instantly looked dated next to the new model. However I liked the M-Sport steering wheel in the 08 model, just felt better to the touch.

It felt much lighter on its feet than the 08 did. Even in Sport + the ride seemed much smoother than the 08 model. While the 08 had a nice engine note and good power and felt hunkered down and fairly substantial, the turbo in the new 35i was effortless and paired with the new 8 speed auto made for a very quick little suv.

The new X3 is nice, but is it $50k+ nice? I don't know.
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2010, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: VW
Hi all, first time post on this forum.

Hey did you test drive the one in Bellevue? Sounds like the one I recently test drove.

Yeah I'm kind of on the fence about the new X3. I really like it, but when I think of spending 55k for this thing, I don't know if it's worth it, especially when looking at some of the competition. Of course I don't need quite all the bells and whistles this one has but still when I use the online configurator, I always end up around 52k anyways

Also the CA told me no negotiations since the car is new and in such high demand, full MSRP only. Now I know that's just a line he's using cause it was my first time in, but still, I'm gonna shell out 55k and they can't even throw in the wheels I want or premium hi-fi as incentive? Come on!

So now I sit thinking should I wait till all the hype dies down and the first time buyers are done, and maybe even wait for any kinks to be worked out in this new model, or should I be more practical and get something more economical.

Even still the new X3 is pretty nice, and I can't seem to stop thinking about it...

Last edited by SabianX3; 12-23-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Let Apple rewrite iDrive

Mein Auto: 2006 650i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm317 View Post
The new X3 is nice, but is it $50k+ nice? I don't know.
Amazingly, a fully optioned Ford Edge is about $40K. IMO the BMW is $10K better, especially if you own and enjoy the car for many years, and amortize the extra $10K over those years. But it's certainly a personal decision.
  • Dakota Black+Ruthenium
  • 6-speed manual
  • Sport Package
  • Premium Sound Package
  • Cold Weather Package
  • HUD
  • Sirius satellite radio
  • Upgraded to M6 wheels upon delivery
  • iPod adapter upgrade 11/2007
  • 35% window tint
  • 3M Paint Protection Film
Old 12-23-2010, 04:59 PM

Sabian, yes the one in Bellevue. They told me ordering now, I could get the car in March.

ShinySteelRobot, yes it is everyone's personal decision and it is just the way the market is going. In general the new models are getting bigger and more expensive. For BMW this is also partially to make room for the incoming X1 I suppose.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW X3
Quote:
Hello,

While the 08 had a nice engine note and good power..
how was the engine note on the new one and did it feel fast
Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Sabian, yes the one in Bellevue. They told me ordering now, I could get the car in March.
Ah cool! Yeah I test drove last Saturday and was told if I ordered it then, I'd get it near the end of Feb... looks like they are already to March already in less than a week, hmm...

btw I think they are getting a black 28i in soon if it isn't there already. Gonna go take a look at that as well just to see it in a differnt color and interior. Wish they had more colors and interior options to look at.

Last edited by SabianX3; 12-23-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
I'll tack on my review

30 second summary:

The 2011 X3: Moving further mainstream.

What's Great:
  • Punchy engines; the 35i is more than necessary.
  • Noticeably improved interior and passenger space.
  • Enough technology to satisfy tech-savvy folks.

Where it falls short:
  • More distant, less involving
  • Boot (trunk) space not hugely improved.
  • Doesn't stand out in any specific way.

The actual review (for anyone who's bothered to read)

The good thing is that I had a great comparison vehicle to drive before the test drive. As I snaked my way through US 522 in Louisa County and then onto I-64, my 2004 X3 and I were one in harmony. On the two-lane country roads, the X3 was at home in the banked corners and once I hit the "derestricted zone" on I-64, I had about 25km of almost free-rein, cruising between 120 and 140km/h. My main purpose of going to the dealer was to pick up parts, so I didn't have massive intentions of test driving the new X3.

First of all, the X3 looked pretty much as I expected........because I saw it at the Greer factory before release, and also in Greenville the day after its official release. The front looks chic and clean regardless of headlight choice without the excess flab of the X5. The rear end still leaves a bit to be desired (despite having the wrong colour turn signals) but looks are subjective so I'll move on.

Upon sitting in the interior, there's a lot to like. The interior materials and design have moved onto something befitting a $40k vehicle for the most part. Passenger space front and rear are improved, although BMW seems to be "mini-sizing" many dash structures to create more space. The instrument panel is small, the glovebox even smaller, and the climate controls/preset buttons border on "too small to easily see". Avoid the light wood trim- I know it's real but it's unconvincing. The contrasting leather stitching is a nice detail, but I would appreciate a split-sliding centre armrest like the 3er, as it sits a bit low and back for comfort. The sport steering wheel feels nice, although the buttons have lost their tactile feedback.

I wasn't flattered when the sales rep zinged 5000rpm right out of the gate with a cold drivetrain, but the twin-turbo 6 is not new to me so the forward whoosh of speed is expected and fun. Once I got in the driver's seat, we meandered our way onto the highway. I dipped the throttle, the transmission responded promptly, dropping 2 or 3 gears and acceleration is swift. I capped it at 110km/h; VA state and Henrico police were out in force that day and trying to explain that 306bhp is good for at least 160km/h on a test drive would be futile at best. But the power, response, and technology is there.

But I think the "Joy of Driving" part of the brand got left behind.

First of all like all current BMWs, the basic suspension and seats just don't cut it. The Pirelli P7 tires* were fine and it rides softly, but the standard suspension sags a bit much when pushed. And the same goes for the rest of the car: It's sufficient for most drivers but the end product falls short for anyone who's driven an older BMW.
The electric steering is "good enough" but not great. The whole car feels heavier and less agile despite weighing about the same as the old X3. It's still competent in the bends but if you took the BMW badge away, the overall experience no longer stands out as distinctly BMW.

Certain things I can forgive. The test car only had 80km on it, so I will reluctantly forgive the weak brakes (although they're not significantly upsized from the E83). The 8AT was rough around the edges because the adaptive transmission hadn't figured out its algorithms yet.

But I never felt like a "part" of the vehicle. The driving position wasn't quite bang-on. I felt like I was sitting on a perch, directing the X3 to do things from two floors up. It doesn't do anything badly but it no longer feels fun and exciting. It's no longer distinctive.

Buyer's tip: Add anything with "Sport" or "Handing" as an option, or else those components are very mediocre. Or just buy a 328i sport wagon.

I wanted to test the 28i, but the salesman couldn't find its keys, so this was what I drove. Route included suburban roads and highway in Henrico County, Richmond VA; pavement ranged from Good to Marginal. Weather was clear, outside temp 5,5C.

*Important!The Pirelli P7 Cinturato came with the 35i and All-season is written on the sidewall. However, the tread compound is not suitable for good snow traction; it's based on a summer tire. Do not count on these to suffice in deeper snow.

Last edited by AzNMpower32; 12-24-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Az nice write up. Glad that they softened the ride so those of us in the vast unwashed masses can appreciate the new X3 better! While the ride is still fresh in your mind, why not drop down to your friendly neighborhood Porsche store and take the new Cayenne out for a spin to do a comparo in your mind. The base (300 hp) Cayenne is about $47K and (in spite of everyone saying you have to option it to the stars) is very well equipped (leather standard etc.) and you might find it interesting. It has shed about 800 pounds and few have ever accused Porsche of not handling well. Cayenne V6 even comes with a manual 6 speed if you are so inclined. The new ones ('11) are very similar in size to the X3 (smaller than the "new" X5) and close to the 3.5 X3 price point if you include options.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535Xi, 2006 X3 (wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Az nice write up. Glad that they softened the ride so those of us in the vast unwashed masses can appreciate the new X3 better! While the ride is still fresh in your mind, why not drop down to your friendly neighborhood Porsche store and take the new Cayenne out for a spin to do a comparo in your mind. The base (300 hp) Cayenne is about $47K and (in spite of everyone saying you have to option it to the stars) is very well equipped (leather standard etc.) and you might find it interesting. It has shed about 800 pounds and few have ever accused Porsche of not handling well. Cayenne V6 even comes with a manual 6 speed if you are so inclined. The new ones ('11) are very similar in size to the X3 (smaller than the "new" X5) and close to the 3.5 X3 price point if you include options.
I went to both the Porsche and BMW web sites and did a very quick build your own with basic options I would want; metallic paint, AT, adjustable suspension, upgraded audio, heated seats and steering wheek, etc. but nothing elaborate. The Cayenne totaled $59,560 and the X3 35i totaled $48,950.

I also noticed Porsche says the Cayenne does 0 - 60 in 7.4 seconds with the AT while the X3 35i does it in 5.5 seconds.

The Cayenne is 190.8 inches long, has a 114.0 inch wheelbase, and weighs 4475 lbs with AT. The X3 35i is 183 inches long, with a 110.6 inch wheelbase, and weighs 4222 lbs.

Not commenting on how one drives compared to the other, but to me these vehicles are in different competitive sets.

Thanks
Bruce
Old 12-24-2010, 05:30 PM

Bruce, yes, the Cayenne is a bit larger, although not as large as the X5. With the lighter X3 you probably would have a much quicker 0-60. There are not really all that many "performance" SAV/SUVs out there worthy of the name. As far as the price point goes, you can option either one into the sky, but you don't have to. So while I certainly respect your view, I still feel that the base Cayenne is within the "possible" range as an alternative for both the 3.5 X3 and the X5 as an alternative. Now when the diesel Cayenne get here that will be another story.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-24-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
30 second summary:

The 2011 X3: Moving further mainstream.

What's Great:
  • Punchy engines; the 35i is more than necessary.
  • Noticeably improved interior and passenger space.
  • Enough technology to satisfy tech-savvy folks.

Where it falls short:
  • More distant, less involving
  • Boot (trunk) space not hugely improved.
  • Doesn't stand out in any specific way.

The actual review (for anyone who's bothered to read)

The good thing is that I had a great comparison vehicle to drive before the test drive. As I snaked my way through US 522 in Louisa County and then onto I-64, my 2004 X3 and I were one in harmony. On the two-lane country roads, the X3 was at home in the banked corners and once I hit the "derestricted zone" on I-64, I had about 25km of almost free-rein, cruising between 120 and 140km/h. My main purpose of going to the dealer was to pick up parts, so I didn't have massive intentions of test driving the new X3.

First of all, the X3 looked pretty much as I expected........because I saw it at the Greer factory before release, and also in Greenville the day after its official release. The front looks chic and clean regardless of headlight choice without the excess flab of the X5. The rear end still leaves a bit to be desired (despite having the wrong colour turn signals) but looks are subjective so I'll move on.

Upon sitting in the interior, there's a lot to like. The interior materials and design have moved onto something befitting a $40k vehicle for the most part. Passenger space front and rear are improved, although BMW seems to be "mini-sizing" many dash structures to create more space. The instrument panel is small, the glovebox even smaller, and the climate controls/preset buttons border on "too small to easily see". Avoid the light wood trim- I know it's real but it's unconvincing. The contrasting leather stitching is a nice detail, but I would appreciate a split-sliding centre armrest like the 3er, as it sits a bit low and back for comfort. The sport steering wheel feels nice, although the buttons have lost their tactile feedback.

I wasn't flattered when the sales rep zinged 5000rpm right out of the gate with a cold drivetrain, but the twin-turbo 6 is not new to me so the forward whoosh of speed is expected and fun. Once I got in the driver's seat, we meandered our way onto the highway. I dipped the throttle, the transmission responded promptly, dropping 2 or 3 gears and acceleration is swift. I capped it at 110km/h; VA state and Henrico police were out in force that day and trying to explain that 306bhp is good for at least 160km/h on a test drive would be futile at best. But the power, response, and technology is there.

But I think the "Joy of Driving" part of the brand got left behind.

First of all like all current BMWs, the basic suspension and seats just don't cut it. The Pirelli P7 tires* were fine and it rides softly, but the standard suspension sags a bit much when pushed. And the same goes for the rest of the car: It's sufficient for most drivers but the end product falls short for anyone who's driven an older BMW.
The electric steering is "good enough" but not great. The whole car feels heavier and less agile despite weighing about the same as the old X3. It's still competent in the bends but if you took the BMW badge away, the overall experience no longer stands out as distinctly BMW.

Certain things I can forgive. The test car only had 80km on it, so I will reluctantly forgive the weak brakes (although they're not significantly upsized from the E83). The 8AT was rough around the edges because the adaptive transmission hadn't figured out its algorithms yet.

But I never felt like a "part" of the vehicle. The driving position wasn't quite bang-on. I felt like I was sitting on a perch, directing the X3 to do things from two floors up. It doesn't do anything badly but it no longer feels fun and exciting. It's no longer distinctive.

Buyer's tip: Add anything with "Sport" or "Handing" as an option, or else those components are very mediocre. Or just buy a 328i sport wagon.

I wanted to test the 28i, but the salesman couldn't find its keys, so this was what I drove. Route included suburban roads and highway in Henrico County, Richmond VA; pavement ranged from Good to Marginal. Weather was clear, outside temp 5,5C.

*Important!The Pirelli P7 Cinturato came with the 35i and All-season is written on the sidewall. However, the tread compound is not suitable for good snow traction; it's based on a summer tire. Do not count on these to suffice in deeper snow.
thanks for the great review Az thats a review that you would expect to see from a pro so thanks for that. And I am 100 percent sure that you are right about the choosing of all sport options because they might have softened up the suspension too much. So the M package will be worth it
Old 12-25-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FAN95 View Post
how was the engine note on the new one and did it feel fast
The new X3 35i is definitely more muted inside, but it is without a doubt fast.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
The new X3 35i is definitely more muted inside, but it is without a doubt fast.
I was hoping that you would say its just as loud
Old 12-25-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Bruce, yes, the Cayenne is a bit larger, although not as large as the X5. With the lighter X3 you probably would have a much quicker 0-60. There are not really all that many "performance" SAV/SUVs out there worthy of the name. As far as the price point goes, you can option either one into the sky, but you don't have to. So while I certainly respect your view, I still feel that the base Cayenne is within the "possible" range as an alternative for both the 3.5 X3 and the X5 as an alternative. Now when the diesel Cayenne get here that will be another story.
I think we have different opinions; e.g., when comparably equipped, they are not price competitive. You would have to compare a stripped down Cayenne to be in the range of a reasonably equipped X3 35i, and that Cayenne is a measureably larger and noticeably slower accelerating vehicle.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like a Cayenne if I were to drive one, but if I were to buy one I would consider that the result of a conscience decision to move up to a larger, more expensive class of vehicle.

Have you had a chance to drive the new X3?

Would you recommend the new X3 (not the old one) if comparing it to the Q5 / GLK / XC60 / EX-35 / RX / RDX?

Thanks
Bruce
Old 12-25-2010, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: '05 330Ci ZHP
I drove the xDrive35 yesterday, and as a driving enthusiast, I found the performance and overall package to be rewarding, almost to the point of compelling.

Pull off the lot into traffic, the engine note softly informing the driver of its potential, and drop the pedal. This vehicle is a ROCKET. Thrust is absolutely remarkable, whether from a standstill or at cruising speed. This demo vehicle had the Sport Activity Pkg, so the seats were highly bolstered. Highly. The side bolsters almost seem like a bit much, until you're in motion, that is. This one also had the Dynamic Handling Pkg, a feature that's now made my 'mandatory' list.

On the road, I found the Normal setting to be just a little too tame. In particular, when flooring the accelerator in a passing situation, there's some hesitation while the gears drop, as if the car (yeah, I'll call it a car) hunkers down in preparation for its formidable launch. I still found, even in Normal setting, that imperfections in a rough road are communicated to the passenger cabin and you feel every bump almost as if you're riding in a sports car. Even so, the car felt as if it were floating a bit. This particular car had single digit miles on the odometer, I imagine it will improve in just about every way after a couple thousand miles.

In the Sport setting, the ride was compliant yet sporty. Felt much more like the ride in my '05 330Ci, just not quite as composed. You're definitely aware you're driving a 4200 pound vehicle, yet the steering is precise and inputs result in remarkably nimble changes of direction. The highly bolstered seats suddenly go from feeling superfluous to feeling adequate... While I don't know what the X3 pulls on the skidpad, in the cabin the cornering is everything you'd expect of a BMW.

Setting the mode to Sport+ resulted in a comfortable, taut ride, though it tended to hold a gear into quite high rpms even when accelerating modestly. I found in Sport+ I was a lot more likely to use the paddles to choose my own shift points. The transmission shifts quickly and smoothly, part of a very rewarding driving experience.

With a chassis capable of handling its weight with applomb, legendary BMW steering feel & brakes (I found the brakes to be powerful and very easy to modulate, under hard braking you'll forget the car is stopping over 2 tons), the xDrive35 is a fantastic sports sedan posing as a truck. Along with that comes a ride that's a bit harsh even in the softest setting. The chassis, as fantastic as it is, just isn't sorted out quite as beautifully as my 330Ci, though that's hardly a fair basis for comparison. Storage space behind the back seats is limited, and that's really the only downside I found.

I had a blast driving this vehicle. It can do so much, and do it well. Will it be enough to wrench the keys of my beloved 330Ci from my hands and take its place in the garage? I don't know... It's certainly a contender, and the only one thus far. I look forward to another drive in it, and who knows, I might be on my way to Spartanburg to pick one up in the near future. Meantime, the X3 has worked its way into my imagination--supplanting the flying cars in 1950-like flights of fancy that we should have seen waaaaay before 2011--and really, when an SUV can captivate a dedicated car-lover's imagination, is there any higher praise?

"Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow." -WS

Last edited by 14me2; 12-25-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:07 AM

14, I note you are in Germany. Was that a Euro-spec X3 you drove? I suspect there may be some difference in performance between the ones you get over there and the ones the EPA/CARB/faceless bureaucrats allow us to have here. Absent the highly bolstered seat, that DOES sound like a vehicle I will certainly have to look at closely! It may alter my conviction to not get another X3.
Bruce, you are right! I need to drive both the new X3 and the new Cayenne V6 before I can continue to shoot my mouth off about them. I will undertake that duty as soon as I can find one of each to drive. I have to say I am looking forward to that, and will probably include the new T-egg and FX as well just as a control.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-26-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: '05 330Ci ZHP
[QUOTE=UncleJ;5722287]14, I note you are in Germany. Was that a Euro-spec X3 you drove? QUOTE]

Oops! My bad. I was living in Germany but I've moved back to the States and haven't updated my profile (ummm, until now). I drove the demo that just arrived at my local dealer here in northwest Florida.

I'd driven several models of the previous gen X3, and while it was nice in many ways, I didn't find it to be a rewarding driver's car. This one, however, has pretty firmly implanted itself in my mind. I've got a couple more cars to look at, notably the Q5. Nothing's come close to the X3 so far, though the Toureg and Grand Cherokee were enjoyable for reasons of their own.

"Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow." -WS
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
14, I note you are in Germany. Was that a Euro-spec X3 you drove? I suspect there may be some difference in performance between the ones you get over there and the ones the EPA/CARB/faceless bureaucrats allow us to have here. Absent the highly bolstered seat, that DOES sound like a vehicle I will certainly have to look at closely! It may alter my conviction to not get another X3.
Bruce, you are right! I need to drive both the new X3 and the new Cayenne V6 before I can continue to shoot my mouth off about them. I will undertake that duty as soon as I can find one of each to drive. I have to say I am looking forward to that, and will probably include the new T-egg and FX as well just as a control.
UncleJ,

I was going to suggest establishing a new thread titled New X3 vs Cayenne. A dedicated discussion comparing these vehicles could be be very insightful.

Bruce
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM

pbm317, 14me2,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your driving experiences with the new X3, and find the information very helpful. There seems to be a consistency in reports to date that the 35i is a very sprightly vehicle and the ride has been improved compared to the outgoing model.

The availability of the turbo engine and a transmission with more than the 5 speeds in our '06 X3 is the primary factor that has been attracting us, although a more compliant ride would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce
Old 12-27-2010, 05:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Cactus
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 2.8i
I just test drove a X3 3.5 this afternoon and was very impressed. The ride was much better than my E90 with sport package yet it still handled very well. The X3 feels large when sitting in it but it drives "smaller". The steering is quick and direct, the tires gripped well even during a heavy rain storm and the acceleration was... impressive.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:33 PM

Cactus, Did you go to NW? If so, how many they have and what colors? I've only seen the new X3 in Alpine White with biege/sienna inside, would like to see some of the different color options in real life. I may go over to Seattle or head down to Fife later this week if I find they have any different colors or interiors to check out. Would like to see what Mineral Silver looks like, and the dark wave wood since I've only seen those in pictures and have no clue what those really look like in person.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Cactus
Mein Auto: 2011 X3 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabianX3 View Post
Cactus, Did you go to NW? If so, how many they have and what colors? I've only seen the new X3 in Alpine White with biege/sienna inside, would like to see some of the different color options in real life. I may go over to Seattle or head down to Fife later this week if I find they have any different colors or interiors to check out. Would like to see what Mineral Silver looks like, and the dark wave wood since I've only seen those in pictures and have no clue what those really look like in person.
It was at BMW NW. They have an Alpine White 3.5 with beige leather that is loaded and a Black 2.8 with black leather fairly loaded. My SA, Ron Hanson said that they are looking at about 3 - 4 weeks to fill orders right now.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
One Week

Hey what happened to the 7-10 day turn around time with the build of a newly ordered X3?

They are also telling people that many options are not available and will sell only MSRP.

Is BMWNA really that foolish?

Not a very good way to start off the new MY in my opinion.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: E92 M3 (Space Grey / Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceOmega View Post
UncleJ,

I was going to suggest establishing a new thread titled New X3 vs Cayenne. A dedicated discussion comparing these vehicles could be be very insightful.

Bruce
My uncle has a Cayenne S and I've driven it many times, and the 28i pales in comparison, which is not to say that the the 28i is a bad car, just that Cayenne S is in a different league.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
It was at BMW NW. They have an Alpine White 3.5 with beige leather that is loaded and a Black 2.8 with black leather fairly loaded. My SA, Ron Hanson said that they are looking at about 3 - 4 weeks to fill orders right now.
Ah cool, thanks for the info, that sounds like exactly what they have at Bellevue, except the black one isn't in yet ( I don't think ), supposed to arrive this week. They do have the black over in Seattle. Hopefully, more colors and options will show up in the next couple weeks or so from now.