Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 M3 (Space Grey / Red)
Just purchased an X3 28i

Went into production on Friday.

Bought the car for my mom.

Mineral Silver / Black Nevada Leather / Siena wood trim
Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
PDC
Rear view camera
(Yes, no Navigation)

Suppose to be ready some time in late Jan. 2011

Cheers!
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinda cool View Post

Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
PDC
Rear view camera
(Yes, no Navigation)

Cheers!
Very nice gift. I thought about the same thing, but my Mom doesn't take very good care of her vehicles (she trashed a 500 series Mercedes).

Camera sounds like great idea for Mom's

What happened to the one week turn around they were all boasting about?
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 12-26-2010, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlengr View Post
Yeah I was wondering that myself too, along with the millions of configurations you can choose from to make each car as unique as it's driver... the iAd commercial for the new X3.
I was told if I order now, I could get it sometime in March... also can I get black grills, black roof rail and xline trim? Nope, Nope and Nope... black grill not available in US models, etc, etc...
Quote:

Cheers!
When did you order your X3? January actually seems to be a great turn around if you just ordered recently.

Is this car really that popular that they are backordered so far or what is the deal with the one week turn around that was advertised early on?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabianX3 View Post
Yeah I was wondering that myself too, along with the millions of configurations you can choose from to make each car as unique as it's driver... the iAd commercial for the new X3.
I was told if I order now, I could get it sometime in March... also can I get black grills, black roof rail and xline trim? Nope, Nope and Nope... black grill not available in US models, etc, etc...

When did you order your X3? January actually seems to be a great turn around if you just ordered recently.

Is this car really that popular that they are backordered so far or what is the deal with the one week turn around that was advertised early on?

I ordered it last week. No idea on what happened to the 1-week turnaround. Was told that it would be anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

As an FYI re: pricing for those that are interested or considering purchasing. I got quotes from 6 different dealers in my area and only 2 of them would discount from MSRP. One gave me a 750 discount and another a 500. I went with the 500 because the dealer was closer to my mom. The other 4 dealers would not budge from MSRP, even after I presented them with my lower offers. Go figure.

Oh, and the car we test drove, the voice command on the NAV was a complete joke. Half the time it couldn't figure out what address we were saying and the other half of the time it switched us over to an AM station. Dealer joked that we need a German accent to use the voice commands properly. This is strange because I can use the voice command on my M3 with no problems (generally speaking). Has anyone else noticed this about the X3, or was it just the demo model's problem?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I ordered it last week. No idea on what happened to the 1-week turnaround. Was told that it would be anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

As an FYI re: pricing for those that are interested or considering purchasing. I got quotes from 6 different dealers in my area and only 2 of them would discount from MSRP. One gave me a 750 discount and another a 500. I went with the 500 because the dealer was closer to my mom. The other 4 dealers would not budge from MSRP, even after I presented them with my lower offers. Go figure.

Oh, and the car we test drove, the voice command on the NAV was a complete joke. Half the time it couldn't figure out what address we were saying and the other half of the time it switched us over to an AM station. Dealer joked that we need a German accent to use the voice commands properly. This is strange because I can use the voice command on my M3 with no problems (generally speaking). Has anyone else noticed this about the X3, or was it just the demo model's problem?
Yeah that's what I was told too at my local dealer, full MSRP only... there are only 2 other dealers within 50 miles of my area, maybe I should shoot them an email to see what they say.

Does the voice command have to be trained to your voice? Sorry don't know much about voice command, never had it in a car yet.. but I thought my friend said he had to do a set up where you go through a series of words and tests to get it to recognize words better with your voice, then after that the voice command works better. Maybe the X3 system can be tweaked like that?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah that's what I was told too at my local dealer, full MSRP only... there are only 2 other dealers within 50 miles of my area, maybe I should shoot them an email to see what they say.

Does the voice command have to be trained to your voice? Sorry don't know much about voice command, never had it in a car yet.. but I thought my friend said he had to do a set up where you go through a series of words and tests to get it to recognize words better with your voice, then after that the voice command works better. Maybe the X3 system can be tweaked like that?
That's first I've ever heard of training or tweaking the v/c. On my M3, there was not tweaking necessary. Who knows. Maybe it was just that model. But when we were in it it was pretty hilarious.

We'd say "AM 1070" and the system would switch to the Car Manual. Then we would say "Navigation" and the thing would switch to "FM 103.5". Odd and funny.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
They went from selling over 30,000 vehicles in 2007 to less than 7,000 in 2010 and they are playing the MSRP only game?

The economy is not that good.

And now that are going to take months to produce one in the US?

Well they keep making it easier to wait it out another year.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Old 12-27-2010, 07:34 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Well, since the car is not built in Germany, I doubt if a German Accent would work. Perhaps a Southern Accent is the ticket to get the voice nav to function properly? The full MSRP (and I suspect in some areas the dreaded "ADP")is a common practice when a new car is introduced and in short supply to get what the market will bear. The prices will drop quickly to reasonable levels as soon as the pipeline is filled with cars and they are languishing on the dealer lots sucking up his floorplan money.

Last edited by UncleJ; 12-27-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Part of it may be that the dealers got their first couple of launch cars already, but the official on-sale date is not until mid-January according to my dealership. It seems that everybody cheats and sells them earlier, but perhaps they can't fudge on the ordered cars.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 12-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
They went from selling over 30,000 vehicles in 2007 to less than 7,000 in 2010 and they are playing the MSRP only game?

The economy is not that good.

And now that are going to take months to produce one in the US?

Well they keep making it easier to wait it out another year.
Agreed, I might have already placed an order if it weren't for this. When I went in for my test drive, I kind of had gone through the configurator online and had a price in mind, but when they said full MSRP only, I was like... ok I'm gonna go online and figure what options I want and I'll get back to ya... Now I'm not in any hurry so I'm taking my time and trying to be patient to see what happens.

Also, they've lowered the base price from the previous model and added more standard features I guess, but still even a Kia Sportage comes standard with satellite radio, a lot of other SUV's in this catagory come with leather standard like the Q5, etc... to add those 2 features is almost another 2k on the X3.

And Audi's even said they aren't worried about Q5 sales with the new X3 out, and I can kind of see why. I'm sure I can go in and negotiate a deal on a Q5 right now, especially if I say I'm really interested in the new X3.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Mein Auto: 330 Ci
Quote:
Agreed, I might have already placed an order if it weren't for this. When I went in for my test drive, I kind of had gone through the configurator online and had a price in mind, but when they said full MSRP only, I was like... ok I'm gonna go online and figure what options I want and I'll get back to ya... Now I'm not in any hurry so I'm taking my time and trying to be patient to see what happens.

Also, they've lowered the base price from the previous model and added more standard features I guess, but still even a Kia Sportage comes standard with satellite radio, a lot of other SUV's in this catagory come with leather standard like the Q5, etc... to add those 2 features is almost another 2k on the X3.

And Audi's even said they aren't worried about Q5 sales with the new X3 out, and I can kind of see why. I'm sure I can go in and negotiate a deal on a Q5 right now, especially if I say I'm really interested in the new X3.
Where I'm at, the Q5s are in short supply, with a two-three month wait for an ordered vehicle. Dealers are discounting at most $1,000 off sticker.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Where I'm at, the Q5s are in short supply, with a two-three month wait for an ordered vehicle. Dealers are discounting at most $1,000 off sticker.
I just checked my local dealers online, and they still have 15 2011 Q5's in stock, now I don't know if I actually go there what they will have what is listed or not. I know the Q5 is very popular and in high demand, there are at least 10 just in my parking lot I see everyday at work, but I didn't realize they had a 2-3 month wait. Maybe that's not the case in my area or only if I order a specific configuration they don't have in stock?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: 06 - 325i , 08 TT Roadste
From what I can tell in the Northeast, 2.0T units are very hard to come by and it's pretty common that dealers are at least a few Months out. The 3.2 models are around but even those seem to be disappearing because some folks don't want to wait for 2.0Ts.

I am still deciding between the X3 and Q5, hope to decide this week.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi E90
I'm trying to make the same decision, although leaning towards the x3. Also in Boston so would be interested in where you end up buying from and how it all goes, any flexibility from the dealer.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 VW Passat 1.8T
I am cross shopping all these cars as well.

Is there a website that has accurate data on the size of each? Such as specific measurements of front / back seat, footwell space, rear boot, etc...?

I test drove the T-Reg by the way and really wanted to love it as I do love VW's in general and the dealer is local but came away sort of unimpressed. No leather for a 46K sticker? One can only get an upgraded stereo in a well above 50K?

I know the nav is great, but i wasnt that impressed with the ride quality either.

Will test X3 in a few days...
Old 12-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgreen View Post
Is there a website that has accurate data on the size of each? Such as specific measurements of front / back seat, footwell space, rear boot, etc...?
Not that I know of. Consumer Reports is one set of data, but their specs come later on new production vehicles. The EPA fuel economy guide lists official volumes in cubic feet for passengers and cargo -- but only for some "automobiles," not inlcuding SUVs or trucks. Car & Driver magazine breaks out those EPA volumes by front and rear seat on full road tests. And I'm not so sure that that volume data is useful, anyway.

As I see it, no substitute for eyeballing 'em yourself... and maybe even taking a tape measure, atlhough that will make you subject to ridicule as a geek.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 06-08-2011, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: Coming: 2012 135i
Quote:

Premium Pkg
Convenience Pkg
PDC
Rear view camera
(Yes, no Navigation)

Cheers!
Wow this is a refreshing thread!
Nice to see a Son taking care of his Mom & not other way around.
Your Mom is very lucky to have a Son like you & I bet your lucky to have her as a Mom Too!

Bless you both!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:44 PM

Mein Auto: '11 X3
You sure looking quite a ways back there barry!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barr**** View Post
Wow this is a refreshing thread!
Nice to see a Son taking care of his Mom & not other way around.
Your Mom is very lucky to have a Son like you & I bet your lucky to have her as a Mom Too!

Bless you both!
Thanks.

And, yes, she loves the car!