Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Viv1

Mein Auto: Twin Turbo 3er
Options and ED suggestions for 2011 Z4

Hi folks,

I've been mostly at the E90 section (currently have a 08 335xi sedan - ED Dec 07) so far, but of late have been reading up on the Z4 forums too. I'm contemplating a 2011 Z4 ED for July and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions after having lived with their own Z4 for a bit.

Here's the configuration I'm considering. Any thoughts such as "comfort access is an absolute must have", "white can never be kept clean" or "the adaptive M suspension is pretty unnecessary" would be very helpful I don't plan to track much - maybe drive down to laguna seca once or twice a year... (never done that before).

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...E3p62rTuV54TU=

Packages
Premium Sound Package
• iPod and USB adapter
• Premium hi-fi system
• Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
Premium Package
• Universal garage-door opener
• Ambiance lighting
• Power front seats with driver seat memory
• Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
• Automatic climate control
• BMW Assist with Bluetooth
• Lumbar support
Cold Weather Package
• Retractable headlight washers
• Through-loading system with integrated transport bag
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Heated front seats
• Storage package
Exclusive Ivory White Leather
• Anthracite Wood Trim
• Sport seats
• Exclusive Ivory White Leather
• Ivory White Nappa Leather
Sport Package
• 18" Light alloy Star-spoke wheels style 276-with performance run-flat tires
• Increased top speed limiter
• Adaptive M Suspension
• Sport seats

Options

Park Distance Control
BMW Assist with Bluetooth
Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
iPod and USB adapter
Smartphone Integration
Power front seats with driver seat memory
Through-loading system with integrated transport bag
Comfort Access keyless entry
Navigation system
Heated front seats

Thanks for your time, and have a happy new year!
Ads by Google
Old 12-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Under Options you don't need the following as you will get these standard with the Premium Sound, Premium, & Cold Weather Packages you have specified. I'm surprised the configurator let you pick these along with the packages - it may be hosed up momentarily - like that's never happened before.

Satellite radio with 1 year subscription
iPod and USB adapter
Smartphone Integration
Power front seats with driver seat memory
Through-loading system with integrated transport bag
Heated Seats

Comfort access is really nice, no more messing with a keys/key fob - just put it in your pocket! I thought this was kind of gimmicky but I find it now so unconvienient in the older cars in our family.

We did our 2011 ED in May - between volcanic eruptions - it was a wonderful 3 weeks.

HerrK - Keine Eifelfahrt ohne eine Runde über den Nürburgring

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Viv1

Wow that's quite some timing! Do you have a gmaps link for your trip route? Any interesting roads? I really want to drive in the alps - I went to the Neuschwanstein Castle during my 335xi ED in Dec and it was snowing like crazy, but the X-Drive totally rocketed the car through - even overtook snowploughs on 2-lane roads!

These 2 options certainly aren't included in any package:
iPod and USB adapter
Smartphone Integration

I think the rest got ticked automatically when I selected the packages so probably weren't charged for.

Oh, and did you get discounted pricing on the packages too?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 28i
Good combo of options, got all of them + satellite TV too. (often use when stuck in traffic or when my daughter is having a ride with me (watch dvd).

The M suspension is a + for me, think you will need it too on the NoCal roads. Really makes a difference during the sporty rides.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_v_rane View Post
Wow that's quite some timing! Do you have a gmaps link for your trip route? Any interesting roads? I really want to drive in the alps - I went to the Neuschwanstein Castle during my 335xi ED in Dec and it was snowing like crazy, but the X-Drive totally rocketed the car through - even overtook snowploughs on 2-lane roads!

These 2 options certainly aren't included in any package:
iPod and USB adapter
Smartphone Integration

I think the rest got ticked automatically when I selected the packages so probably weren't charged for.

Oh, and did you get discounted pricing on the packages too?
First off no google map - we just used the Nav in the car picked a rough area destination and drove. Since it wasn't high season we had no trouble rolling into a town, checking with the "Tourist Info" and finding a place to stay. A nice part of the drive was on the 500 south of Baden-Baden (wonderful Friedrichsbad spa) through the Black Forest. Also did most of the Deutsche Alpenstrasse from Lindau on Bodensee to east of Garmish-Partenkurchin @ Tergensee. Couldn't get too crazy on the roads as my wife gets motion sickness. However I did 1 easy lap (car was not yet at 2000 km brakin) around the Nordschleif while the wife was visiting with relatives in the Eifel. It was a blast! Highly recommended. On a prior MC trip I did the trip over Grossglockner Pass (via the toll 107) highly recommended and anywhere in the Dolomites is fantastic. Also highly recommeded.

In the grand scheme of this ED trip the main stopping points were; Munchen, Frankfurt, Meerfeld, Baden-Baden, Langenargen am Bodensee, Gramisch-Partenkurchin, Bad Reichenhall, Munchen. With side trips to Koln, Aachen, Cochem, Triburg, Oberammergau, Salzburg, & stops in between.

Lastly I paid $1000 over ED invoice for the car +10% off on all packages and options. The car ended up at $57.5K as spec'ed in my signature.

May 2010 ED l 2011 35i l Crimson over Ext'd Coral Red w/brushed Alum l 6sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's l Comfort Access l Alarm l Power Heated Seats l & Nav.
FrauK - 2014 Q5 TDI - May 2014 ED | Cuvée Silver over Pistachio beige | Premim Plus | MMI | Nav | B&O

Last edited by HerrK; 12-28-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Viv1

That's a pretty sweet deal - I think my config is pretty similar minus the alarm and adding the premium package. That's very detailed and helpful information - thanks!

If you have any dealer recommendations, do lemme know too.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM

I bought mine at BMW of San Diego. If you check on the European Delivery forum I know someone in the NoCal can probably make some recommendations. Also you can get lots of ED trip advice there, from on the cheap to top cabin. Read the ED Wiki as well lots of good information.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Viv1

I've done the ED once so I know the basics, but I'll def post on the ED forum when I'm ready to book. I really want the alpine passes to be free of snow so I'm aiming for summer